• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's about that time, new banner

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should keep this up until the draft like usual, but we should start thinking about who we want up there. Compile ideas and pictures here.

I have a couple ideas:

Offense:
Logan Thomas(sr)
DJ Coles(sr)
umm........

Defense:
Jack Tyler(sr)
Kyshoen Jarret
Kyle Fuller (sr)
Antone Exum(sr)
Derrick Hopkins(sr)
James Gayle(sr)
Corey Marshall
Luther Maddy

I would like to use an image from the inside of the tunnel for the middle, to change it up a bit if anyone can find any good ones. If not, that's cool, maybe Burruss or the chapel.

Ideas?

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Logan; Exum- Leaders

Maybe a guy like Kyshoen

and Foster and grimes

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we use LT we should have him greyed out until he proves he's gunna play like his soph year instead of last year.. gotta earn your spot on the SportsHoopla banner :)

i like the tunnel idea.. i've been looking for one of those to frame and put over my door too

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the tunnel idea. Also throwing this out there - isn't there a picture that captured lightning behind Lane Stadium circa 2005? I think it was the same time that prompted Lee Corso to make the statement that God must be a Hokie? That would be pretty cool background too...

Players / Coaches:
Would like to see Logan, Exum, Coles & Gayle and maybe the new coaches - Loeffler, Grimes??

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant remember the old banner(s), have we ever had the lunch pail up there? trying to remember the old one, i think it had Skipper and the lunch pail, but if either were not used, they're good ones

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am kind of against the new coaches until they earn their stripes. I mean thus far only Bud and Beamer have been on there. I don't know how I feel about putting up new guys over Wiles and Gray.

I am all for the tunnel or lightning as the center piece.

I also generally like putting seniors up. Exum and Fuller were up this year but so was Logan.

We don't have many offensive options though.

I wonder if there are any pics of Tyler and Edwards together.

I don't know. We have time. I also prefer players to coaches.

Just my opinions.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the tunnel and another pic of Lane and less players in the banner this year. Maybe throw in a hot VT cheerleader....if we have one.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have to go more D than O on this banner. Too many guys on the D that should be represented and not enough on the O. Maybe bookend it... Thomas and Coles on the ends, Gayle, Skip, Fuller, and Exum in the middle.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the tunnel idea, but Burress is cool too. I think it should be LT, DJ Coles, Jack Tyler, Kyle Fuller, and Antone Exum

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I feel like our major success rides with whether LT plays well or not. He has to be on there. DJ Coles should be there as well. Those two will have a lot to do with our offensive success (or lack of).

But as far as seniors on D..Exum and Fuller are on this season's banner, so I say we go with the seniors on D that haven't. My opinion, as many as we can fit for senior d in this order:
Tyler, Gayle, Tariq, Skip, Exum, Kyle Fuller

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like our major success rides with whether LT plays well or not. He has to be on there. DJ Coles should be there as well. Those two will have a lot to do with our offensive success (or lack of).

But as far as seniors on D..Exum and Fuller are on this season's banner, so I say we go with the seniors on D that haven't. My opinion, as many as we can fit for senior d in this order:
Tyler, Gayle, Tariq, Skip, Exum, Kyle Fuller

Agree Sparko - I think we use LT and some of the others that haven't made the banner. In thinking about it 46, I concur the new coaches should earn their stripes first. i just hope it starts the first game. :)

hokieone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan mentioned a couple ideas:

Exum on crutches trash talking a WR
Knowles with lightning bolts
JC in Shane's shirt pocket.

:pound:

I can see the banner in two or three years with JC and Parker Osterloh (6'8" and 300+) on it. That one will be classic!

The Mutt and Jeff look. :laugh3:

Oh, and maybe Andrew Miller for the offense this year?

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm more of a scenery/campus/symbols fan then players.. i think when you have lots of players on there it just looks like a team picture

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we make it only coaches...

Since that's what this board REALLY likes

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Exum, Fuller, Tyler, Gayle, Coles and LT. I really want Tyler up there. The kid has earned his stripes. I also like the tunnel and or lighting background idea

OR

A pic of Wang playing CoD

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Exum, Fuller, Tyler, Gayle, Coles and LT. I really want Tyler up there. The kid has earned his stripes. I also like the tunnel and or lighting background idea

OR

A pic of Wang playing CoD

... and food that he is about to eat #nomnom #foodp0rn

:L

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No love for our two senior linebackers huh?

hurt to leave them out, but with them it seems even that much more D centric, and I'd feel bad about not including our senior OL... I guess we could ditch the idea of a pic in the middle this year and show a spread of all the key seniors