• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

issues to fix vs rams

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) qb play , looking at the c-22 tape i saw several missed open wrs , one completely missed for a td on our 1st FG . bad passes , mostly high , need to be thrown better . have to hit crowder on the 5 .

2) wrs cant drop passes pryor dropped at least 3 and totally blew the 1st pass deep . that should have been a TD

3) our run game needs to be better , our o/line was awful sunday vs pass and in the run . another thing i saw on the c-22 tape is TEs missed 6 blocks on 13 RB carries . VD was awful Reed was awful . perhaps sprinkle needs to get in
4) tackling , we had 9 hits on wentz and we got only 2 sacks , 4 more sacks could have been had with proper tackling not counting JR's sack taken away by penalty
5) penalties a sack was taken away on a stupid mental error and a hold cost a potential TD if butterfingers pryor could have caught the snow bird (would have been 2 tds pryor busted on)

6) can we cover a freaking TE ? ertz ate us alive again with at least 4 catches for 1st downs which leads us to this
7) 3rd down , eagles converted 57% on 3rd down . that has us ranked 31st by the way 4 of the 8 conversions were from 7 yds or more . downs we should win

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) qb play , looking at the c-22 tape i saw several missed open wrs , one completely missed for a td on our 1st FG . bad passes , mostly high , need to be thrown better . have to hit crowder on the 5 .

2) wrs cant drop passes pryor dropped at least 3 and totally blew the 1st pass deep . that should have been a TD

3) our run game needs to be better , our o/line was awful sunday vs pass and in the run . another thing i saw on the c-22 tape is TEs missed 6 blocks on 13 RB carries . VD was awful Reed was awful . perhaps sprinkle needs to get in
4) tackling , we had 9 hits on wentz and we got only 2 sacks , 4 more sacks could have been had with proper tackling not counting JR's sack taken away by penalty
5) penalties a sack was taken away on a stupid mental error and a hold cost a potential TD if butterfingers pryor could have caught the snow bird (would have been 2 tds pryor busted on)

6) can we cover a freaking TE ? ertz ate us alive again with at least 4 catches for 1st downs which leads us to this
7) 3rd down , eagles converted 57% on 3rd down . that has us ranked 31st by the way 4 of the 8 conversions were from 7 yds or more . downs we should win

how do you get the c-22 tape?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 and 7 are HUGE

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually this was an area where the Redskins did quite well overall. The Redskins only had 2 penalties for 15 yds (probably the two you mention). The Eagles were much worse in this area. I will take this on any given week.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense:
O-line needs to improve, running game needs to show up, convert on 3rd down (only 3 of 11 on 3rd down; 3rd worst in NFC)

Defense:
Stop getting penalized (8 penalties for 78 yards; tied for 3rd most penalized team in NFC), stop teams on 3rd down (Philly converted on 57% of 3rd downs; Washington is 2nd most converted on in NFL)

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First issue. Preparedness. Get this team ready to play. Hold people accountable, including the coaching staff. Second issue. Fire. Ramp up the intensity. Kick someone's ass. Have some fricking pride.

We fix these 2 issues and a lot of this other crap falls in line.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense:
O-line needs to improve, running game needs to show up, convert on 3rd down (only 3 of 11 on 3rd down; 3rd worst in NFC)

Defense:
Stop getting penalized (8 penalties for 78 yards; tied for 3rd most penalized team in NFC), stop teams on 3rd down (Philly converted on 57% of 3rd downs; Washington is 2nd most converted on in NFL)

2017 NFL Team Penalty Statistics | The Football Database

Where are you getting your penalty info? It is incorrect - see the link above. The Redskins after one week are actually the least penalized team in the NFL (2-15). The defense only had one penalty on Sun. Those stats that you quoted are for the Eagles.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. So scratch the defensive penalties. The rest, however, still need to be worked on.

Agree although I would give some of the credit to Wentz for extending plays. Overall the defense was not bad & I would expect that unit to get better since there are a lot of young players. The real problem was on the offense.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree although I would give some of the credit to Wentz for extending plays. Overall the defense was not bad & I would expect that unit to get better since there are a lot of young players. The real problem was on the offense.

Yeah definitely. Also, Frank Gore was only able to put 42 yards on the ground against the Rams D. If Washington wants to move the ball, they NEED to get the running game going. You know you're running game is trouble when Kirk Cousins is the leading rusher and he's got 30 yards.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense played a good game. They only gave up 16 points. Our offense literally gave up 14 points.

You can quote 3rd down statistics or whatever as much as you want, but when you give up 16 points as a defense and score 7, that is a damn good game. Yards do not matter...points do.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense played a good game. They only gave up 16 points. Our offense literally gave up 14 points.

You can quote 3rd down statistics or whatever as much as you want, but when you give up 16 points as a defense and score 7, that is a damn good game. Yards do not matter...points do.

We've already established my 3rd down stat was wrong. But, if your defense cant stop 3rd down conversions, you have a problem. Obviously, that's not an issue right now for Washington. The issue is the offensive side of the ball on ALL aspects. QB, Running Game, O-line, Receivers with stone hands.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've already established my 3rd down stat was wrong. But, if your defense cant stop 3rd down conversions, you have a problem. Obviously, that's not an issue right now for Washington. The issue is the offensive side of the ball on ALL aspects. QB, Running Game, O-line, Receivers with stone hands.

I thought he said your penalty stat was wrong. I think your 3rd down stat was right.

I don't mind not stopping a team on 3rd down if you keep them from scoring. It is frustrating, don't get me wrong. Again, the defense only gave up 16 points and scored 7 themselves. That is a net of 9 points allowed. 3rd downs be damned if you give up 9 points per game. Like I said, all that matters is points. 3rd down defense is something to work on but it wasn't the issue in this game.

This game the issue was 100% offense and it started on the OL. TW (best OT in football), Brandon Scherff (near AP), and Morgan Moses (3rd highest paid RT in football and Dean's man crush) all really struggled and it makes zero sense with Callahan. From there, our QB played a horrific game. I truly believe he started hearing footsteps with the David Carr disease and his mechanics went to shit. I blame KC for the fumble even though it was crappy blocking. From there we can go running game but like I have always said, the run game is a product of the offensive line which lived up to their name on Sunday. Their play was offensive. As for the WRs, they have to do a better job of catching the ball. Officially, I think we only had two drops; however, I don't think they count that long one to Pryor as a drop. You have to help your struggling QB out because the world was already going against him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysis | The Redskins could be doomed if they can’t solve offensive line woes

Good analysis. The Redskins better get their O line issues sorted out quickly. According to this article they will face 7 of the top 9 D lines this season & this weeks opponent is no exception. No reason to believe that they can't sort this out to some extent since they have talent on the line & one of the best O line coaches in the business.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanna say that I was right about the o-line and running game and believe I am owed some apologies from MOST of the fans who cursed me out, called me an idiot or a retard or whatever other shit was thrown my way for simply speaking my opinions.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanna say that I was right about the o-line and running game and believe I am owed some apologies from MOST of the fans who cursed me out, called me an idiot or a retard or whatever other shit was thrown my way for simply speaking my opinions.

One game buddy. Let's pump the brakes on this till we see how this pans out for the entire season or at least another month or so. Like I said - no reason to not believe that they can't sort this out to a degree. Callahan has a reputation as a very good O line coach - let's see what he can do over the next month. If problems persist by that time - sure - I will let you know that you were correct.

Amazing that Dean & yourself are so worried about how others perceive you. If you think that you are correct fine - who gives a crap what others think.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game buddy. Let's pump the brakes on this till we see how this pans out for the entire season or at least another month or so. Like I said - no reason to not believe that they can't sort this out to a degree. Callahan has a reputation as a very good O line coach - let's see what he can do over the next month. If problems persist by that time - sure - I will let you know that you were correct.

Amazing that Dean & yourself are so worried about how others perceive you. If you think that you are correct fine - who gives a crap what others think.

I don't care how other perceive me. It's just that I came on here to share an opinion, which has turned out to be correct thus far, and I was tossed a hefty helping of shit and told that I don't know what I'm talking about. Bottom line is I don't give a shit how other think of me, just don't treat me like shit for no reason. Simple as that. Some people thought I was this trolling asshole with bad opinions, yet I wouldn't be THIS active on this board had I been shown some respect out the gate. The treatment I was given as only fueled me to pay close attention to the Redskins this year.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, you deserved what you got. There was zero reason to question the OL after the last two seasons. Best Line coach in football, best LT in football, top three RG in football, and the third highest paid (overhyped) RT in football, with a solid first year center. Just because you were right after the first game doesn't mean they were a question mark.

As for the running game, nobody really beat you up for that.

Shit gets thrown everybody's way.