• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Isiah Thomas takes the high road- great article

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Is for Boston | By Isaiah Thomas

his passion for the city of Boston really comes out in this article he wrote.

Some pretty cool stuff in here.

of course- some of the Cleveland stuff:

James, my oldest — I guess he really is his father’s son, because he asked the same first question I did. “To where?”

“Cleveland. They traded me for Kyrie.” And I’m pretty sure you know what came next.

“LEBRON! LEBRON JAMES! Dad — Dad. You get to play with LeBron James!”

I’mma just say this here, point-blank, to get it over with — and then you can go ahead and post it on whatever bulletin boards you want to: You are not going to want to mess with the Cavs this year. This is going to be a great year to be a Cavs fan, a great year. And I’m excited.

From a basketball perspective, me on the Cavs is a match made in heaven. If you’ve watched any Celtics games last year, then you know how many times I would have to go through double and even triple teams, just to get my shot off. It ended up working fine for us — guys played great, and my shot was falling. But this year … man, it’s not even going to be a thing. You really going to throw three guys on me, when I’m sharing a court with the best basketball player on the planet? Nah, I don’t think so.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that’s just LeBron. I look up and down this roster, and all I see is guys I can’t wait to play with: Kevin Love (reunited with my old AAU teammate!), Tristan Thompson, JR Smith, Iman Shumpert … it’s no accident to me that these guys have won the East three years running. And now add me to the mix, and D. Rose, and my guy Jae? This roster, man — it’s just stacked. Cavs fans, let’s get ready to rock and roll.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually shared his message on my FB too. Isiah Thomas is such a cool guy. All class. You will love him Wiggy. Now my wish is he finds his way back into green. That may be a few years away but I suspect they would love him back. Imagine a 34 year old IT used as a six man off the bench.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah isn't Isiah Thomas.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

James, my oldest — I guess he really is his father’s son, because he asked the same first question I did. “To where?”

“Cleveland. They traded me for Kyrie.” And I’m pretty sure you know what came next.

I’mma just say this here, point-blank, to get it over with — and then you can go ahead and post it on whatever bulletin boards you want to: You are not going to want to mess with the Cavs this year. This is going to be a great year to be a Cavs fan, a great year. And I’m excited.

From a basketball perspective, me on the Cavs is a match made in heaven. If you’ve watched any Celtics games last year, then you know how many times I would have to go through double and even triple teams, just to get my shot off. It ended up working fine for us — guys played great, and my shot was falling. But this year … man, it’s not even going to be a thing. You really going to throw three guys on me, when I’m sharing a court with the best basketball player on the planet? Nah, I don’t think so.

shut the fuck up

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually shared his message on my FB too. Isiah Thomas is such a cool guy. All class. You will love him Wiggy. Now my wish is he finds his way back into green. That may be a few years away but I suspect they would love him back. Imagine a 34 year old IT used as a six man off the bench.
IT is going to be amazed by the spacing he gets playing with LeBron and Love....

i mean think about that--- you have LeBron James on the court--- and you have the pre-emminent shooting big man of our time sitting in one of the corner's--- and one of the best 3 pt shooters of all time at SG in Korver.

IT is going to have a field day getting to the rim.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT is going to be amazed by the spacing he gets playing with LeBron and Love....

i mean think about that--- you have LeBron James on the court--- and you have the pre-emminent shooting big man of our time sitting in one of the corner's--- and one of the best 3 pt shooters of all time at SG in Korver.

More so than Kyrie did? Spin it how you want, you guys are worse at the PG position. Obviously better in other ways now.

Same result coming, Cavs lose to Ws, boring

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Klay Thompson's going to have to guard someone who's 5'8 now. I'm sure he's shitting himself.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're bloviating about the potential scenario that IT would have with Lebron. For one, you don't know when he's coming back. Second point, he's the same player that Kyrie Irving is essentially, so we really don't have to imagine anything. They're going to serve the same purpose and role at their respective times playing with Lebron.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

loved it...loved watching him. great story. gave it all here.

but he really has a grandiose sense of self.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry man, i cant agree.

his hip is going to be trouble. i think hes out of the league by 30-31.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're bloviating about the potential scenario that IT would have with Lebron. For one, you don't know when he's coming back. Second point, he's the same player that Kyrie Irving is essentially, so we really don't have to imagine anything. They're going to serve the same purpose and role at their respective times playing with Lebron.
wtf are you talking about?

my point was- when compared to Boston- IT isnt going to score 29 points- but the Cavs personnel is so much better than what Thomas was playing with in Boston

he is going to be amazed at the looks and coverages he experiences as a Cav compared to as a Celtic where he routintely had to beat double and even triple teams as he said-

to quote IT:

One, as my oldest said it: “LeBron James.” Or put another way — I get to come over and join the best team in the East, and try to win a championship alongside the best basketball player in the world.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf are you talking about?

my point was- when compared to Boston- IT isnt going to score 29 points- but the Cavs personnel is so much better than what Thomas was playing with in Boston

he is going to be amazed at the looks and coverages he experiences as a Cav compared to as a Celtic where he routintely had to beat double and even triple teams as he said-

to quote IT:

One, as my oldest said it: “LeBron James.” Or put another way — I get to come over and join the best team in the East, and try to win a championship alongside the best basketball player in the world.

Ok.

How did the Cavs get better with this trade? Forget the Brooklyn pick given that this doesn't immediately impact the Cavs this season.

IT and Irving are the same player - Irving slightly better. Crowder simply gives you depth on the bench. But he's more than likely going to take over Shumpert's role who looks like he's done in the NBA at this point. So again, how does this trade make you (the Cavs) better than you were last year. If you're bloviating about Crowder replacing Shumpter, that still doesn't make you anywhere near better than the Warriors. Not. Even. Close.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

How did the Cavs get better with this trade? Forget the Brooklyn pick given that this doesn't immediately impact the Cavs this season.

IT and Irving are the same player - Irving slightly better. Crowder simply gives you depth on the bench. But he's more than likely going to take over Shumpert's role who looks like he's done in the NBA at this point. So again, how does this trade make you (the Cavs) better than you were last year. If you're bloviating about Crowder replacing Shumpter, that still doesn't make you anywhere near better than the Warriors. Not. Even. Close.
I seriously have no idea what this has to do with the fact that Thomas is going to have a lot easier time and better teammates playing with the Cavs than the Celtics.

As to why the Cavs COULD potentially be better this year: 1. Thomas isnt THAT much of a down grade from Irving. 2. Adding Crowder - a wing defender that shoots 40% from 3 of his abilities is huge 3. Getting everyone on the same page instead of having Irving who allegedly wouldnt even talk to teammates during the playoffs should definitely help

and that doesnt even include the Brooklyn pick---- which OBVIOUSLY was the MAIN part of the deal and could be traded away for a substantial package.

Dont tell me you are turning into someone like
@dougplayer or @TurnUpTheHeat that you are so butt-hurt about the extreme suckitude of your own team that you reflexively gargle on the Cubs or Warriors balls when anyone tries to discuss the Cavs or Indians.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously have no idea what this has to do with the fact that Thomas is going to have a lot easier time and better teammates playing with the Cavs than the Celtics.

As to why the Cavs COULD potentially be better this year: 1. Thomas isnt THAT much of a down grade from Irving. 2. Adding Crowder - a wing defender that shoots 40% from 3 of his abilities is huge 3. Getting everyone on the same page instead of having Irving who allegedly wouldnt even talk to teammates during the playoffs should definitely help

and that doesnt even include the Brooklyn pick---- which OBVIOUSLY was the MAIN part of the deal and could be traded away for a substantial package.

Dont tell me you are turning into someone like
@dougplayer or @TurnUpTheHeat that you are so butt-hurt about the extreme suckitude of your own team that you reflexively gargle on the Cubs or Warriors balls when anyone tries to discuss the Cavs or Indians.

Outside of Lebron, Irving was the only player to show up in the Finals. I never said that Thomas was much of a downgrade from Irving, I said marginal/slight. Having said that, the same applies. Why all of a sudden is it going to be so much different here?

I'm fine with my team and how it is. Your bloviating about IT is the same you felt about the Cavs when Lebron went back to Clevelan. Once again, time will vindicate and you'll see this next June. Will just let you continue to dig your own grave.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Lebron, Irving was the only player to show up in the Finals. I never said that Thomas was much of a downgrade from Irving, I said marginal/slight. Having said that, the same applies. Why all of a sudden is it going to be so much different here?

I'm fine with my team and how it is. Your bloviating about IT is the same you felt about the Cavs when Lebron went back to Clevelan. Once again, time will vindicate and you'll see this next June. Will just let you continue to dig your own grave.
lol

dig my own grave?

ill continue watching LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers and enjoying it-

you keep watching the mediocre Heat- and when you feel bad about them having no shot- gargle on the Warriors balls to make you feel better.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

dig my own grave?

ill continue watching LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers and enjoying it-

you keep watching the mediocre Heat- and when you feel bad about them having no shot- gargle on the Warriors balls to make you feel better.

Last I checked, the Warriors rammed their collective dicks down Cleveland's throat in June. It was like watching a bukake film and Lebron was on the receiving end of the money shots.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked, the Warriors rammed their collective dicks down Cleveland's throat in June. It was like watching a bukake film and Lebron was on the receiving end of the money shots.
lol thanks for proving my point.

your team sucks- so you start extolling the virtues of the team that beat the team you hate becuase you have nothing else.

talk about a loser mentality---- but as a Miami, Heat, and Dolphins fan, what else do you have?

I am thoroughly enjoying this fall--- my Bucks are getting going--- the Indians have a 14 game wins streak- and the LBJ Cavs start soon.

will you gargle on Nick Saban's balls when your Hurricanes do nothing this year if the Bucks lose to Alabama in a NCG?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles84 i would be upset if i were you as well.

you do not root for a single team that is predicted to do anything in any sport.