• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is This The Best World Series Of All Time? If Not, What Is?

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually won with 1 out in the bottom of the 9th.
You're probably right. I attended the 6th game of that series which was a dbacks route. So I went down to game 7 with a local pro ticket scalper who said we could get in for $150-175. Well, tickets were going for $200 when we arrived and my scalper friend said the prices will drop. Instead, the prices dramatically increased to $350-400 just to get in the door! So we ended up going across the street to a huge bar where we watched the game on big screen tv's. What was really cool that night was a B-2 bomber did the flyover, and back then none of us knew what the hell it was.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh Grace, thats right

I go DP depth there only cause I hate how much of the field opens up with the infield in...And of course the way it ends, a routine infield popup
Games 4, 5, and 7 were awesome. And every single game was started by a pitcher who I think should be in the HOF. Well at least one of the starters in each game was a HOFer.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games 4, 5, and 7 were awesome. And every single game was started by a pitcher who I think should be in the HOF. Well at least one of the starters in each game was a HOFer.

That Kim closer on Zona.........As much as I enjoyed it, it was hard not to feel bad for him, seemed the angels in heaven just werent gonna let the Yankees lose at home that series

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right. I attended the 6th game of that series which was a dbacks route. So I went down to game 7 with a local pro ticket scalper who said we could get in for $150-175. Well, tickets were going for $200 when we arrived and my scalper friend said the prices will drop. Instead, the prices dramatically increased to $350-400 just to get in the door! So we ended up going across the street to a huge bar where we watched the game on big screen tv's. What was really cool that night was a B-2 bomber did the flyover, and back then none of us knew what the hell it was.
Kinda funny you saw one of the two crap games in a classic series.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Kim closer on Zona.........As much as I enjoyed it, it was hard not to feel bad for him, seemed the angels in heaven just werent gonna let the Yankees lose at home that series
I think it was Kim's face when Brosius tied it in Game 5. Like "oh my god I did it again". And Rod Barajas having to go out and console him.

I just remember Paul O'Neill's stupid face at the top of the dugout.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Kim's face when Brosius tied it in Game 5. Like "oh my god I did it again". And Rod Barajas having to go out and console him.

I just remember Paul O'Neill's stupid face at the top of the dugout.

Thats not nice

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not nice
I mentioned this before. This Yankees team is likable because for the first time since 1992 the team doesn't have Paul O'Neill, Roger Clemens, or Alex Rodriguez.

But Paul O'Neill, oh man, ultimate hardo.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not really a fair comparison considering the drastic change MLB made to the balls.

You could not hit a home run with one hand 10 years ago.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned this before. This Yankees team is likable because for the first time since 1992 the team doesn't have Paul O'Neill, Roger Clemens, or Alex Rodriguez.

But Paul O'Neill, oh man, ultimate hardo.

O'Neill impossible not to love on this end, dude was the heart and soul

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You crack me up.

"If you won't let me ignore all the times that Kershaw sucks balls in the postseason, then you're a dumbfuck!"

With all the data we have, if you're psyched to roll into a postseason with Clayton Kershaw as your ace, you're the dumbfuck. I'd be skeptical, which is all I've said during these exchanges, and it turns out I was right, huh?

Or is it, "but Kershaw was great this year in the postseason besides the times where he got his ass kicked." The world needs fanboys, I guess.

I'm sorry, Frank, but you don't know shit. Kershaw did not suck last night. He's the same lock-down ace we've come to expect during the regular season. It's just that he knew the bullpen was taxed from Saturday's and Sunday's games, so he knew the team needed him to go deep, and that's just not fair.

Plus, after Kershaw coughed up a four run lead, Roberts should have known that he needed to take his ace out of the game. Aces can't be counted on to do superhuman feats, like pitching five innings on normal rest when they have extra pressure.

He was great.

How'd I do, @CatsTopPac?

Man, you're obsessed. Nothing like propping up a strawman and knockin him down huh? I bet you really feel like you've accomplished something.

Did I say Kershaw didn't suck last night? Did I say he was never going to suck again? Did I just pick random times Kershaw sucked and said to ignore them? And again, when I bring Verlander up until 2011, you have passed that point over twice now because it would challenge your fanboy strawman.

So now you want to have a discussion on shit I didn't even say? That, is what makes you a dumbfuck. Don't let me stop you though, you're a fucking pro at it. Forgive me for no longer taking interest while you continue to obsess over it.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
69' Metz/Balty was beaut…

i know because our teacher showed the whole dam series on her color tv that she brought into our classroom.

we never missed an out, great teacher.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you're obsessed. Nothing like propping up a strawman and knockin him down huh? I bet you really feel like you've accomplished something.

Did I say Kershaw didn't suck last night? Did I say he was never going to suck again? Did I just pick random times Kershaw sucked and said to ignore them? And again, when I bring Verlander up until 2011, you have passed that point over twice now because it would challenge your fanboy strawman.

So now you want to have a discussion on shit I didn't even say? That, is what makes you a dumbfuck. Don't let me stop you though, you're a fucking pro at it. Forgive me for no longer taking interest while you continue to obsess over it.

Yes, I'm obsessed about you being a fanboy. Totally. Can't stop thinking about it.

"But, I talked about Verlander, see! I'm no fanboy!"

lolz

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Jiddy no one is mentioning your white sox

LOL...We swept them. I mean, yeah, games 2-4 were pretty good games (game 4 if you like 1-0 pitching duels), but for a viewer not associated with either team in the series, that had to be pretty non-spectacular. To quote the superfans: It was never in doubt my friends my friends, it was never in doubt my friends.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After nearly 120 innings, Kershaw's 4.50 postseason ERA is almost twice his regular season mark, and he's shit the bed in two of his five playoff starts this year, but he's a totally dependable postseason pitcher.

Sincerely,

Fanboy