• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the DudeofWV legit?

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. The guys over at tkp are pretty cool and a few of them really know their shit (their film study section is impressive) ... Lots of good humor an UVA/cml raggin too

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKP has become a cringe follow for me now. He turned and got preachy on one of ours a little too hard for my liking over an honest mistake. He did it as a preach and not @ the guy which is crap.

As far as his tweets, a little info with a lot of ranting and raving like a 20 yr old drunk. Apparently he eats a lot too....I guess.

The site has some good Info though and it's free which I respect. The other guys from that site are good follows. I just find TKP himself to be cringe bu whatever. I keep my personal twitter separate from the Hokie one. I kind of wish he did the same.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your VT twitter? Sorry if you already have posted it.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That came out harsh.

I guess that my feelings are this:

If you are goongto be a highly followed Virginia Tech source (official or unofficial) then you should keep your personal drunk escapades and "that guy" cliche bullshit to another personal account because it is not a good reflection.

That sounds harsh too....

Constructive criticism I guess...

I have talked to him through email and be seems like a good dude. Maybe it is a twitter persona to relate to the kids or something.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and so is his conference. :stevie:

:tsk:

There's a LOT more SEC money than there is ACC money...for all "purposes". In fact, SEC boosters are MUCH better than ACC boosters at concealing how they use their "under the table" money. Just look at those idiots at UNC.

One more point, with the possible exception of Vandy and Florida, SEC schools don't care if they get caught cheating by the NCAA as long as they win national championships in football. They know the NCAA sanctions will be temporary and largely toothless, so why should they worry? But, you have to catch them first.

I went ahead and fixed that for you, sir. :D

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would agree. I think Urban was way to liberal with his discipline at times, but i don't think Florida has a widespread cheating problem like others do in the SEC.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

For a while, I don't think anyone so much as farted at Florida... It would have scared the angels in the end zone (and under center) away.

If teenage Percy Harvin can generally stay out of trouble there (same PH that was banned from VHSL), then it must be a special place.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know how clean of a program Georgia but I've always liked Mark Richt and his policies .. I was baffled a season ago when people were calling for his head. Now, they're looking to compete for an SEC championship and possibly a natty

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how clean of a program Georgia but I've always liked Mark Richt and his policies .. I was baffled a season ago when people were calling for his head. Now, they're looking to compete for an SEC championship and possibly a natty

Best BJ I ever got was from a UGA chick the year we played Bama in ATL (09?). Stayed with a friend in Athens the night before and WOW... :redface: What a pro.

TMI?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The last set of NCAA violations at Florida took place as follows:

Sep 20, 1990

EXTRA BENEFITS: provision of airline ticket from head men's basketball coach; loan from an athletics representative; transporation to enroll; payment by coaches of football student-athlete's delinquent child support. IMPERMISSIBLE RECRUITING: provision of airline ticket to prospective student-athlete's mother. IMPERMISSIBLE SALARY SUPPLEMENTS. UNETHICAL CONDUCT. ERRONEOUS CERTIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE.

Jan 13, 1985

Improper entertainment, financial aid and lodging; extra benefits; out-of-season practice; complimentary tickets; improper recruiting contacts, employment, entertainment, inducements and lodging; tryouts; scouting; excessive number of official visits; unethical conduct; outside funds; coaching staff limitations; institutional control; certification of compliance.

Here's a Google search of more recent possible/potential NCAA violations:

florida gators football ncaa violations

I found this article to be very interesting:

From champs to chomped: How Urban Meyer broke Florida football

Just my opinion, but Florida is not any better than the other major NCAA offenders in the SEC, they're just better at managing information that could prove to be damaging.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida has a strict policy of only breaking state, local and federal laws, and not breaking NCAA rules

cant take away your trophy for stealing a dead girls credit card or shooting at someone with an AK!!

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Florida has a strict policy of only breaking state, local and federal laws, and not breaking NCAA rules

cant take away your trophy for stealing a dead girls credit card or shooting at someone with an AK!!

I find it strange that the NCAA won't allow a kid to play if he takes a gift, but if he steals it, they aren't as motivated. I'm not saying Florida or anyone else should encourage illegal activities over NCAA violations, but it really seems backwards. It makes me wonder what the NCAA would do if athletes just happened to get caught "stealing" from a donor who just happened to not give police much help in finding them. For example, a briefcase of money becomes missing from the donor's unlocked car, parked infront of the practice field.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last set of NCAA violations at Florida took place as follows:

Sep 20, 1990

EXTRA BENEFITS: provision of airline ticket from head men's basketball coach; loan from an athletics representative; transporation to enroll; payment by coaches of football student-athlete's delinquent child support. IMPERMISSIBLE RECRUITING: provision of airline ticket to prospective student-athlete's mother. IMPERMISSIBLE SALARY SUPPLEMENTS. UNETHICAL CONDUCT. ERRONEOUS CERTIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE.

Jan 13, 1985

Improper entertainment, financial aid and lodging; extra benefits; out-of-season practice; complimentary tickets; improper recruiting contacts, employment, entertainment, inducements and lodging; tryouts; scouting; excessive number of official visits; unethical conduct; outside funds; coaching staff limitations; institutional control; certification of compliance.

Here's a Google search of more recent possible/potential NCAA violations:

florida gators football ncaa violations

I found this article to be very interesting:

From champs to chomped: How Urban Meyer broke Florida football

Just my opinion, but Florida is not any better than the other major NCAA offenders in the SEC, they're just better at managing information that could prove to be damaging.

So the major violations you found were from ~20-30 years ago? I haven't taken the time to check out the link you provided but unless there's something I've missed UF's transgressions are minor. The main issue the past 5 or so years are player arrests.

Little tidbit: the IMPERMISSABLE SALARY SUPPLEMENTS that UF got in trouble for is the same thing that Richt got praised for recently.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We can criticize dirty programs, but we can't say much about player arrests. I understand Chompy's point there.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We can criticize dirty programs, but we can't say much about player arrests. I understand Chompy's point there.

This is an article from 2010 when Urban was still at Florida....

Gators have lots of wins – and way too many arrests

QUOTE:

Fifty-nine wins. Two national titles. Thirty players arrested.

That's the line on Meyer's five-plus years at Florida. Most fans at most programs would take those numbers, because winning is all they care about. So a kid gets in trouble? So what? What's his backup run the 40 in?

Just off the top of my head, I don't believe Tech's had half that number arrested over the past five-plus years.