• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Nick Saban a coward ?

Is Nick Saban a coward ?

• Yes

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • No

Votes: 21 67.7%

• Total voters

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Simmons rips Nick Saban for being a ‘coward’
Bill Simmons lit up Nick Saban on Friday with the hottest of hot takes that is sure to rile up fans in Alabama.

On Episode 160 of “The Bill Simmons Podcast” which was released Friday, Simmons went hard after Saban, calling the Crimson Tide coach a “coward.”

Let’s be clear: Simmons didn’t appear to set out to destroy Saban, but he casually torched the Crimson Tide head coach while discussing a pick for the National Championship Game.

“He’s a coward, he left the NFL,” said Simmons, via SEC Country. “He’s a coward. You (should) want to compete against the best. The best coaches aren’t in college football; they’re in professional football. And he had a chance to go head-to-head against Bill Belichick, the greatest coach of all-time, he didn’t get the quarterback he wanted in Miami, and like a coward he went back to college, where he stays, where he can just beat up on all these inferior college coaches. Congratulations. He’s the guy who plays Madden on rookie level winning the Super Bowl.

“Come to the NFL, let’s see how good of a coach you are, Nick Saban. When he plays golf does he play from the pink tees? Come to the NFL, let’s see how good you are.

“‘Oh I didn’t get Drew Brees in Miami, I gotta go back to college. I’m just gonna cherry pick all the best high school players on the planet because I’m the head coach at Alabama,’ Simmons said, mocking Saban.

Though humorous and certain to generate plenty of backlash, Simmons’ comments are completely misguided and could not possibly devalue Saban’s accomplishments and the difficulties of his achievements any more.

The list of greatest college football coaches all time is pretty short. You’re talking Bear Bryant, Knute Rockne, Tom Osborne, and maybe a few others. If his team wins on Monday, Saban probably slides into the top spot as best college coach ever.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pre-pubescent faggot with gray hair is still alive??

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A whiny little bitch that says shit like this so people will still mention his name.

If you read the article it is actually a bit silly what this moron says anyway. The stupid ass was at ESPN for years until they booted his ass.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so he married a blind woman?? no way she would marry that little shit if she knew what he looked like. :nod:

That aint his wife, I was just fucking with y'all....

:dhd:

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban may very well go down in history as the best college coach. Who has a better resume at this time ?

Keep in mind he won championships at two different schools in what was arguably the best conference in college at the times he won them.

Pretty impressive what he has done at Bama.

I fucking hate him ! You Bastid ! :gaah:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saban%20clapping_zpsu5thyus7.gif

Reactions: TJL

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so he married a blind woman?? no way she would marry that little shit if she knew what he looked like. :nod:
What women see in an average man without money ...

resize

What women see in an average man with a butt-load of money ...

fabio_26.jpg

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear a lot of talk about this college coach or that college coach going to the NFL. Why would a coach at oe of the "biggies" in college football want to go to the NFL? If you are coaching at one of the elite college football programs, the college system for obtaining talent is not restricted via a "recruiting order"...only by the total number. Why would you want to give that up and go to a system that puts you in a draft order and not be able to get one of the first choice of talent year after year?

Seems only logical that the college coaches that would want to switch to the pros would be those at places that can't recruit the top talent and would like to move to a system that lets them move up in the pecking order.

What am I missing?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear a lot of talk about this college coach or that college coach going to the NFL. Why would a coach at oe of the "biggies" in college football want to go to the NFL? If you are coaching at one of the elite college football programs, the college system for obtaining talent is not restricted via a "recruiting order"...only by the total number. Why would you want to give that up and go to a system that puts you in a draft order and not be able to get one of the first choice of talent year after year?

Seems only logical that the college coaches that would want to switch to the pros would be those at places that can't recruit the top talent and would like to move to a system that lets them move up in the pecking order.

What am I missing?

The only thing Saban doesn't have is a super bowl ring. Is that important to him? Not sure, but he did make the jump to the nfl twice..? He headed to alabama after finding out that he wasn't in control of his own destiny down in miami. You would have to think that by now, he's been contacted about other coaching jobs and wasn't interested. But who knows, should the right job become available, maybe he does give it another shot.