• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is LeBron James better than Michael Jordan?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did have the flu game, but there are theories out there that is was really the hangover game.

If true, playing with a hangover is 1000 times worse than playing with an hand injury sustained while punching Something. Because the hand thing requires a momentary lapse in judgment. The hangover requires many bad decisions over a period of time.

Hangover/flu would actually be far worse, injuries can be temporarily pain free with some shot of whatever they give football players. No remedies for a flu or hangover and to be doing the cardio you have to do in a game doesn't help.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hangover/flu would actually be far worse, injuries can be temporarily pain free with some shot of whatever they give football players. No remedies for a flu or hangover and to be doing the cardio you have to do in a game doesn't help.

So you are really suggesting that a hangover is worse to play through than a broken shooting hand?

You don't really believe that do you?

It is unlikely Jordan had the flu. It was either a hangover or food poisining. Either are difficult to play with, as is the flu. But a broken shooting hand is far more impactful. I have tried playing both with stomach ailments and with a broken shooting hand. The stomach bug went a lot better. Sorry, but you are wrong here.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are really suggesting that a hangover is worse to play through than a broken shooting hand?

It is unlikely Jordan had the flu. It was either a hangover or food poisining. Either are difficult to play with, as is the flu. But a broken shooting hand is far more impactful. I have tried playing both with stomach ailments and with a broken shooting hand. The stomach bug went a lot better. Sorry, but you are wrong here.

It was either the flu or food poisoning, playing with a hangover was nothing new to Jordan.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broken hand!?!?!?!?!? guy played 3 games without any sort of cast or bandage on his hand, still scored like 20-30 points with a broken shooting hand?!?!??!

LOL

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broken hand!?!?!?!?!? guy played 3 games without any sort of cast or bandage on his hand, still scored like 20-30 points with a broken shooting hand?!?!??!

LOL

It is reported as a bone contusion.

Not broken, but similar in terms of impact to a minor break.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is reported as a bone contusion.

Not broken, but similar in terms of impact to a minor break.

Shocking the guy could hide it from all the media, never once wince at getting bumped, and somehow it wasn't swollen and he didn't seem to have any issues with it's mobility, which we could have all clearly seen without a cast.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he dunk at all with this bone contusion? Because if there was a serious problem with the hand, dunking would be the last thing you'd do.

Oh..there was this.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No remedies for a flu or hangover

No remedies for a hangover?

You've never heard of menudo (the mexican soup, not the phegget singing group)?

Taco Bell tacos also work. 3 of them to be exact.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No remedies for a hangover?

You've never heard of menudo (the mexican soup, not the phegget singing group)?

Taco Bell tacos also work. 3 of them to be exact.

The only thing that worked for me was a greasy pizza hut pizza about 10 hours after the last puke.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he dunk at all with this bone contusion? Because if there was a serious problem with the hand, dunking would be the last thing you'd do.

Oh..there was this.

Yea, this is were the "everything Lebron's does is incredible" has come back to bite them.

The fawning has given us proof the hand injury was bullshit.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't you see the pattern here?

This is towing the company line. I can't stand Lebron but he is a money making machine for the NBA.
The sports media, networks, the players ..none of them benefit if they say Lebron is not in MJ's league.

Look at what is happening right now. ...do you see ESPN or any of the media calling Lebron irresponsible for punching a blackboard after the first game of the finals? It's like it never happen ...they have gone right to free agency mania.

Could you imagine if Kevin Love did that ..ESPN would have written an article:

"Should Kevin Love leave the country after his childish act"

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is towing the company line. I can't stand Lebron but he is a money making machine for the NBA.
The sports media, networks, the players ..none of them benefit if they say Lebron is not in MJ's league.

Look at what is happening right now. ...do you see ESPN or any of the media calling Lebron irresponsible for punching a blackboard after the first game of the finals? It's like it never happen ...they have gone right to free agency mania.

Outlets don't say LeBron's in the GOAT conversation because he's not. There's MJ & then everyone else. 6-0 & 6 Finals MVP's says it all. My bad, please continue your rant. And before you say something silly because I have 3 teams from the state of Ohio listed as my favorites I'm actually a lifelong Celtics fan.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outlets don't say LeBron's in the GOAT conversation because he's not. There's MJ & then everyone else. 6-0 & 6 Finals MVP's says it all. My bad, please continue your rant. And before you say something silly because I have 3 teams from the state of Ohio listed as my favorites I'm actually a lifelong Celtics fan.

The media is a lot smarter than that. You know the trick.
The write endless articles asking "Is Lebron as good as Jordon?"

The do that with everything when making a point. It's the oldest trick in the book.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media is a lot smarter than that. You know the trick.
The write endless articles asking "Is Lebron as good as Jordon?"

The do that with everything when making a point. It's the oldest trick in the book.

Maybe you're just looking for something to gripe about? I don't know. Not being rude or anything but since you said you can't stand LeBron not sure if your opinion is completely unbiased. Personally I don't care what stuff the sports media writes about, I ignore most of it. But they have to write about something.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. I think that they aren't really paying attention to it because it's essentially a non-story. Lebron isn't the first athlete to injure himself because he got frustrated and punched an inanimate object.

Hell, I'd be willing to bet that even most regular folks have at least risked injuring themselves punching some inanimate object out of frustration. It happens.

How many times have we seen baseball players take a bat and beat the hell out of a water cooler? Unfortunately for Lebron, he didn't have a bat to use on that blackboard.

Also, the story about his hand didn't come out until after the finals was over and everyone is now moving on to the off-season. Had the story come out about his hand after game 1, all we would have heard about over the next 3 games would have been Lebron's hand.

At this point, where he's going next year and how he's getting there are far more interesting than his hand.