• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it time yet????

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need to start talking football.

We usually have our prediction thread soon, but I need something.

Anyone have any good topics besides why DH is good or he sucks?

Come on boys give me something.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DH is awesome because his last name starts with the same letter as mine, and you can almost spell my last name from his! Only one letter is missing!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we are on fire lol

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does William Crest do in the offense this year IYO. Just WR/RB or do we get creative and use him at QB some too?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always I'm excited for the season to start. Like most of us, I go into every season optimistic... and this year is no exception.

Dana is a lot like Huggy. He chooses his praise for his players carefully. He said this O-line is the best he's ever been a part of. Pretty high praise indeed. Wickline coaching on the outside... teaching our tackles specific technique and footwork could make magic for the offense this year.

WVU's pass pro improved as last year moved forward. I believe it was evident in the bowl game. While ASU had a weak secondary, they lead the country in sacks and pass rush. Despite 50+ passing attempts, the line gave up but 2 sacks. Dana had to let the passing game take a back seat last year because they couldn't pass protect.

Personally, I'm concerned about the defense. Because of our dumb ass AD, we lost a great CB coach and replaced him with someone who has never coached in college before. Our CB's have experience, and Askew-Henry could step up to be a leader of the secondary for us.

I think the conference schedule is the most favorable for WVU since it started Big 12 play.

I'm hoping WVU wins big. And, will enjoy watching Dana fuck Lyons over once the regular season is completed!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the D will surprise us a little this year. While in most year you would be very scared about losing so many players on D, this year is a little different since a lot of these guys have had some playing time. One thing is we are going to go against some of the best offenses in the country this year, not sure besides W-L how we will calculate success on that side of the ball. I guess you could say that about any part of the team, but you know what i mean.

I think the O is going to be one of the best in our history. We finally have players at multiple positions in this offense that have been in the system and played. Even with the loss of Smallwood, we brought in some pretty good talent at RB. I am not sold on Shell ever being a featured back, but RB back by committee should look real tough.

I like the schedule as well. Some really good home games, plus we get the local game in DC. I think Oklahoma will again be the best in the conf, but with our team and a little luck we might slide into the upper half (2nd) in the league.

Really looking forward to seeing the stadium this year, the changes i have seen look great.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camp opens today! Now we can at least start getting articles on the team!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the D will surprise us a little this year. While in most year you would be very scared about losing so many players on D, this year is a little different since a lot of these guys have had some playing time. One thing is we are going to go against some of the best offenses in the country this year, not sure besides W-L how we will calculate success on that side of the ball. I guess you could say that about any part of the team, but you know what i mean.

I think the O is going to be one of the best in our history. We finally have players at multiple positions in this offense that have been in the system and played. Even with the loss of Smallwood, we brought in some pretty good talent at RB. I am not sold on Shell ever being a featured back, but RB back by committee should look real tough.

I like the schedule as well. Some really good home games, plus we get the local game in DC. I think Oklahoma will again be the best in the conf, but with our team and a little luck we might slide into the upper half (2nd) in the league.

Really looking forward to seeing the stadium this year, the changes i have seen look great.

I think the defense will surprise as well...I think they play faster than last year ..it's whether they can tackle better from the LB's position...those kids last year may not have had speed but if they got their hands on you they made the tackle...I think DL should have a huge year...I am a huge fan of Noble Nwachukwu..I think he is the next high Defensive draft pick to the pro's...kid creates a ton of chaos out of a 3 man front...his stamina was they only thing lacking at times last year...

Be interesting if Shell takes the ball ..semi no pun intended... and becomes the player he should be...and my last question for the year is..can Durante play consistently...and also not fail out of school...I have some confidence in the first question...not so much in the second question..well I guess I had two more questions!! :lol:

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I too think the D will be better than advertised. The two areas that concern me the most are the CB's and the DL depth/experience. The CB concerns are a given but something that I haven't seen discussed too much is the DL depth. The starters this year either started or were quality backups last season. That's great but who can come in and give them a break or replace them if someone goes down with an injury this year? You have Shuler, Shriner, and Lewis who are next in line but that's 2 RS freshman and a sophomore. Jefferson got the boot and word is Pegues is in the doghouse. Coaches preach that when a starter comes out, they need back ups who can come in and play without much drop off in production. I'm not sure that will happen with these young guys. I think we may be in trouble if Oklahoma decides to pound the ball like they did last time they came to Motown. We hung with them until the second half but then they punched us in the mouth with a healthy dose of Perine. Our first and second level guys were absolutely exhausted and I'm afraid that might happen frequently this year.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holgs said that Jaleel Fields is out for the season with a knee injury that will require surgery...They're flipping Chase Behrndt from OL to DL to add some much needed depth. At 6'4 295, CB was a state champion wrestler with a mean streak...hopefully he can catch on quick and contribute.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect our Defense to be a bit thin this year. Our front 6 look good, not too sure about the back 5 other than Dravon. I think the key will be to deep the Defense off the field as much as possible. The first unit should do well when rested. I do expect that we will have missed assignments giving up long TDs which will need to be kept to a minimum.

With Shell and out Oline, we should be able to win the TOP wars. Gibson, White and Durante will be great weapons for the long ball. I just hope that we don't try to do that too much. WE had too many 3 and outs last year due to a missed long ball and getting behind on the sticks and downs.