• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it safe to say that this city has moved back to the Eagles?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say from 2009-2011, this team was more popular than the Eagles in Philly. But with our past two mediocre seasons, I believe the attention has shifted back to the Eagles, even if they aren't very good either.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen the Eagles play lately?
Have you seen all of the empty seats at the Eagles games?
All 4 teams are bad but IF the Flyers start winning, some of the attention will go their way - unless Amaro does something really tremendous when the offseason begins.
It has been awhile since all 4 teams have been THIS bad.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers will never overtake the Eagles or the Phillies in this city, unless they win or get to the Stanley Cup. I am a 4 for 4 Philly fan, however, I do not know much about hockey, but from my understanding the Flyers aren't even good right now. The Eagles are number one simply because football is the most popular sport in the United States. It takes a very good team to overtake a football team in a city for most popular. Some examples are the Heat in Miami, the Yankees and Red Sox in New York and Boston respectively, or the Hurricanes in Carolina.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, don't gamble in real life, John. I don't know how vCash works, but 0? Come on, man.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad bets Number 1, that is how vCash works. The Flyers are not good this year and have not been for awhile because their goalies suck and they trade away good defenseman whenever one shows up. The Eagles are beginning to suck because they need a franchise QB and Andy reid is having the last laugh. His Chiefs are the only undefeated team in the NFL at 8-0!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagle can't win with Vick or Foles, and their defense is atrocious so they'll be lucky to win 6 or 7 games.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, jvett. It is safe to say the Eagles will be movin' on up the board this year and we will be picking high.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers will never overtake the Eagles or the Phillies in this city, unless they win or get to the Stanley Cup. I am a 4 for 4 Philly fan, however, I do not know much about hockey, but from my understanding the Flyers aren't even good right now. The Eagles are number one simply because football is the most popular sport in the United States. It takes a very good team to overtake a football team in a city for most popular. Some examples are the Heat in Miami, the Yankees and Red Sox in New York and Boston respectively, or the Hurricanes in Carolina.

Yeah, the Flyers bought themselves 20 years of goodwill with the city when they had those great years in 74-75, but to overtake the Eagles, even for a short time they need to win a Stanley Cup and have the Eagles in a down cycle. I don't know about the Carolina Hurricanes example. If they are in fact more popular than the Panthers it is only because football is so popular that most people already had favorite teams before the Panthers came to town. When the Hurricanes showed up, most people there probably didn't follow hockey closely so they just adopted the hometown team. Either way, North Carolina has been college basketball country for 50 years and that probably won't change for a while. I bet there have been times where the Tigers or Pistons have overtaken the Lions in popularity though.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Flyers bought themselves 20 years of goodwill with the city when they had those great years in 74-75, but to overtake the Eagles, even for a short time they need to win a Stanley Cup and have the Eagles in a down cycle. I don't know about the Carolina Hurricanes example. If they are in fact more popular than the Panthers it is only because football is so popular that most people already had favorite teams before the Panthers came to town. When the Hurricanes showed up, most people there probably didn't follow hockey closely so they just adopted the hometown team. Either way, North Carolina has been college basketball country for 50 years and that probably won't change for a while. I bet there have been times where the Tigers or Pistons have overtaken the Lions in popularity though.

I did think about Detroit. Baseball might be slightly more popular there because of the fact that the Tigers have been so good as of recent, but I still think a Lion's team with Stafford at QB and Megatron on the team is a tad bit more popular. Yeah, I self-admittedly don't know shit about hockey. Some life was breathed into the Panthers because of Cam Newton, but I think the initial excitement has weared off amongst the fans. o

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It is painful watching the Eagles. The quarterback position is a gigantic abortion.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
foles is 2-1 this season. for some reason, a massive part of the eagles fan base feels we should be winning every single game, or else it's complete failure.

i really like steve mason. i was happy when the flyers got him and that he's getting the chance this season. #10 in goals against so far this year. i'm not worried about the flyers. only a matter of time before their offense heats up.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
foles is 2-1 this season. for some reason, a massive part of the eagles fan base feels we should be winning every single game, or else it's complete failure.

i really like steve mason. i was happy when the flyers got him and that he's getting the chance this season. #10 in goals against so far this year. i'm not worried about the flyers. only a matter of time before their offense heats up.

I had anointed Foles as the savior but I realized he beat NY and Tampa Bay when they were each 0-5. Then the tough part of the scheduled arrived - Dallas 4-3 and he fell on his ass. Though it could have been the trip down or a nite out with a Cowboys cheerleader. I think he deserves another shot or switch to Barkley.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with this - I think the Flyers are the best hope right now because it's still a long season for them and they've seen to have gotten something going the last two games - they should have enough talent to sneak into the playoffs this season

But they have to win to take over from the Eagles - the Eagles will always get a ton of press no matter what, so the Flyers, Phillies and Sixers will need to drastically be better in order to take any of the spotlight away

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad bets Number 1, that is how vCash works. The Flyers are not good this year and have not been for awhile because their goalies suck and they trade away good defenseman whenever one shows up. The Eagles are beginning to suck because they need a franchise QB and Andy reid is having the last laugh. His Chiefs are the only undefeated team in the NFL at 8-0!
This season, the goaltending for the Flyers hasn't been the problem - they just had a drought offensively - hopefully they'll score some more goals, if so they'll be fine

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had anointed Foles as the savior but I realized he beat NY and Tampa Bay when they were each 0-5. Then the tough part of the scheduled arrived - Dallas 4-3 and he fell on his ass. Though it could have been the trip down or a nite out with a Cowboys cheerleader. I think he deserves another shot or switch to Barkley.
Think about it though - Nick Foles was able to beat the Giants and Tampa Bay, something Michael Vick nor Matt Barkley could do - that tells me right there that at least Nick Foles can beat up on the bad teams - it might not say a lot but in this division, the Eagles are playing a lot of teams that aren't very strong, so it would make sense to have him in there knowing that he has been able to beat some of these mediocre teams

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles hereby resurrected as savior. Eagles to win 9 games. It helps to be optimistic. But I can't really figure it out.
:suds: