• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it me or does it seemed we are all waiting for news to come out about someone being canned?

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waiting.gif

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to predict right here, right now, that if Saban doesn't win the National Championship this year, Alabama will can his ass and we'll see him coaching the NM Military Institute's Back Gammon squad in 2015 ... mark my words.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they do anything until after the bowl game.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Pellini is not the answer at D. Tried it once and it wasn't all that impressive.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Stoops can't handle his booze and he is an asshole to deal with but Bo Pelini is a 5* Grade A prick. Believe me, we'd rather deal with Mike Stoops instead of Pelini any day.

Regarding changes: There won't be a change in D coordinator. The most we can look for is Heupel goes to the sideline and Norvell takes over in the press box calling most of the plays. Will that fix everything? No. It won't. Why not? Ask yourself this question: who is the wide receivers coach now? And OU has the worst receiving corps in the Big XII. Is the reason recruiting or coaching? Pick one. Or pick both. But who is the wide receivers coach now and why would letting him also call plays cure all our problems?

This program needs wholesale changes. They aren't coming.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Stoops can't handle his booze and he is an asshole to deal with but Bo Pelini is a 5* Grade A prick. Believe me, we'd rather deal with Mike Stoops instead of Pelini any day.

Regarding changes: There won't be a change in D coordinator. The most we can look for is Heupel goes to the sideline and Norvell takes over in the press box calling most of the plays. Will that fix everything? No. It won't. Why not? Ask yourself this question: who is the wide receivers coach now? And OU has the worst receiving corps in the Big XII. Is the reason recruiting or coaching? Pick one. Or pick both. But who is the wide receivers coach now and why would letting him also call plays cure all our problems?

This program needs wholesale changes. They aren't coming.

This is pretty much what I expected out of Bob.
It's unbelievable that it's come to this
I hate to say it, but until OU fans become overtly critical of Bob, and stop spending money and going to games, nothing is going to make him leave I guess.
Every single Bowl Ticket needs to go unpurchased. Let the University eat that shit and see how it's going to tasting.
People need to spread the word and make the OU faithful understand what's going on.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty much what I expected out of Bob.
It's unbelievable that it's come to this
I hate to say it, but until OU fans become overtly critical of Bob, and stop spending money and going to games, nothing is going to make him leave I guess.
Every single Bowl Ticket needs to go unpurchased. Let the University eat that shit and see how it's going to tasting.
People need to spread the word and make the OU faithful understand what's going on.

My wife and I decided not to go to the bowl game. She's furious that OU is losing. She's a hell of a poor loser. I'm a little better at it but I'm sick of this shit. We sent an email back to the ticket office telling them we can't support things the way they are and we will not be attending the game. I hope several thousand other fans do the same thing. We will keep giving enough to maintain our ticket priority but we also told them to forget any contribution (for now) toward the stadium expansion. Money talks in my business; let's see if it talks in their business. I don't know what else I can do.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys really believe that getting rid of Stoops is the final answer. Maybe start looking at things a little deeper. This year has been a complete disaster compared to expectations, one for the books definitely. But did you guys really believe that after the fluke game against Bama that Knight was even that good, or that we would have the same Secondary after all our top guys left last year. To the fact that under stoops this is only the third year out of 16 that we didn't win 10 or more games, i think overall he has done well. If you look at his history, once every 4-5 years we have our down year, and the fallowing years we win big. So i don't put much stock into "Lets fire everyone" after one year of being down. Now next year, if we still look the same, then i would start rioting with you guys, but right now, one year of misery over the past five years is not enough to call for heads to roll, maybe a few, but not all.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys really believe that getting rid of Stoops is the final answer. Maybe start looking at things a little deeper. This year has been a complete disaster compared to expectations, one for the books definitely. But did you guys really believe that after the fluke game against Bama that Knight was even that good, or that we would have the same Secondary after all our top guys left last year. To the fact that under stoops this is only the third year out of 16 that we didn't win 10 or more games, i think overall he has done well. If you look at his history, once every 4-5 years we have our down year, and the fallowing years we win big. So i don't put much stock into "Lets fire everyone" after one year of being down. Now next year, if we still look the same, then i would start rioting with you guys, but right now, one year of misery over the past five years is not enough to call for heads to roll, maybe a few, but not all.

Have you not seen the slow decline over the past 5 years.??
The last game we played should have been proof that our coaching is taken a huge hit. It was pitiful.
You just have to shake your head with our recruiting. How many All Americans are on our team. Once we had them everywhere. Knight isn't a great QB, and the backup can hardly complete a wide open pass. The secondary gets burned in every single game as many times as they make good plays.

There's a time in every Coaches career that he gets burned out, he start's to coast, he lets momentum carry him and the team. Bob has reached that point. He reached it a few years ago.

Wilkinson had 12 good years before he started to slip.
Barry had 8 good years before he slipped, was told to get better or your fired, and regained it.
I don't think they are giving Bob that message so he wont change or do anything to make the team better.

I'll go out on a limb right now and predict that recruiting will be lackluster and will not be chalked full of 4/5 star recruits. You know, how it used to be.

There aren't any programs looking to pick off any of our assistant coaches. That should tell you all you need to know right there.

I'll be watching all of the CFB award shows this year to see how many Oklahoma players get any, much less talked about. They used to be all over the field.

Everyone has their opinions, and I understand yours, but I just don't agree with it. I'm 100% positive that we wont win another Championship of any kind under Bob Stoops. I just don't see the pipeline of players that are able to make that happen, and Bob isn't going to make wholesale changes in his coaching staff. Everyone is fat and happy.

I hope I'm wrong.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you not seen the slow decline over the past 5 years.??
The last game we played should have been proof that our coaching is taken a huge hit. It was pitiful.
You just have to shake your head with our recruiting. How many All Americans are on our team. Once we had them everywhere. Knight isn't a great QB, and the backup can hardly complete a wide open pass. The secondary gets burned in every single game as many times as they make good plays.

There's a time in every Coaches career that he gets burned out, he start's to coast, he lets momentum carry him and the team. Bob has reached that point. He reached it a few years ago.

Wilkinson had 12 good years before he started to slip.
Barry had 8 good years before he slipped, was told to get better or your fired, and regained it.
I don't think they are giving Bob that message so he wont change or do anything to make the team better.

I'll go out on a limb right now and predict that recruiting will be lackluster and will not be chalked full of 4/5 star recruits. You know, how it used to be.

There aren't any programs looking to pick off any of our assistant coaches. That should tell you all you need to know right there.

I'll be watching all of the CFB award shows this year to see how many Oklahoma players get any, much less talked about. They used to be all over the field.

Everyone has their opinions, and I understand yours, but I just don't agree with it. I'm 100% positive that we wont win another Championship of any kind under Bob Stoops. I just don't see the pipeline of players that are able to make that happen, and Bob isn't going to make wholesale changes in his coaching staff. Everyone is fat and happy.

I hope I'm wrong.

I fully understand where you're coming from, and i do agree to just about all of it. I do believe big change is needed. I don't think getting rid of Stoops is one of them though. However, there are many assistant coaches that do need to go, one being the offensive coordinator. We definitely need new blood out there. People who will rally the troops. And you are right about coasting, the last five years have been a little decline here and there, and a major one this year. It will be hard to say what next year brings, i can only hope for change to bring some hunger to the program.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A: Keep Stoops and you're going to have to live with his stubborn attitude of "I'm the fucking expert here; you only have an opinion and, frankly, I don't care what it is".

B: Fire Stoops and he will be sucking millions out of the program "due to him" because of his insane contract.

Stoops isn't going to get fired and shouldn't be at this point. What he needs is an ultimatum to either make the playoff next year or he needs to resign with grace. The only caveat would be if he had an extraordinary number of injuries to deal with that affected the team's performance.

And for those who worry about who we would get if Stoops left, stop worrying. The job pays $5 Million+ plus perks out the ass. It's Oklahoma. The facilities are elite. The fan base is rabid and supports the program extremely well financially. OU would have its pick of the litter.

Next year we will be more talented and more experienced with the exception of the O line. Does anybody think the coaching will improve? That is the crux of the problem. Coaching. With better coaching those 3* and 4* players would be winning awards like in the past. Now? Do you honestly think OU is suddenly going to shake off its recent history of poor coaching, poor player discipline on the field and ugly losses? If you do then please tell me why that is going to happen if nothing substantial changes on the coaching staff.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, we did get 1 award. It looks like it's the Disney Spirit Award.
It's for the most Inspirational Player or Team.
It was given to Sterling Shepard and Bob Stoops. Well deserved. It is a wonderful story.

However, I didn't see an award given to an Oklahoma player for actual on the field achievements.
Did I miss it. There are a lot of awards and I just skimmed over them.

Has the AP All American Team been announced yet??
Did we get anybody on that??

Last edited by a moderator:

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, there is this.....

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Trevone Boykin and sixth-ranked TCU finished the regular season as Big 12 co-champs. There is no sharing for the Horned Frogs of the top two player awards on the AP All-Big 12 team.

Boykin, the quarterback who has also caught touchdown passes and was almost a running back for the Horned Frogs, was a unanimous pick Monday as The Associated Press Big 12 offensive player of the year. TCU linebacker Paul Dawson was the top defensive player.

Fourth-ranked Baylor had a league-high five first-team picks, including Spencer Drango as a unanimous pick on offensive line. Oklahoma joined TCU with four selections.

The Horned Frogs, in only their third Big 12 season, became the first team since Texas in 2008 to sweep the top two individual awards that have been named annually since the league's inaugural 1996 season. Oklahoma was the only other team to do that, in 2000 and 2003.

In his first full season as TCU's quarterback, Boykin leads the Big 12 and ranks third nationally with 363 total yards per game. The dual-threat junior has thrown for 3,714 yards without 30 touchdowns and seven interceptions, along with 642 yards rushing with eight more scores.

"The difference between 4-8 and 11-1," coach Gary Patterson said of Boykin, referring to the improvement in TCU's record from last year to now. "The guy has been able to make things happen. ... You have to have people step up to change things, and Trevone has been one of those who's done that."

Dawson, the only unanimous selection pick on the first-team defense, got nine of the 20 votes for top defensive player. Texas defensive tackle Malcom Brown, a first-team pick on defense, got six votes.

Oklahoma freshman running back Samaje Perine, who joined Boykin and Drango as only unanimous first-team picks on offense, was named the Big 12 offensive newcomer of the year with 18 votes in balloting by 20 media members who cover the league on a regular basis. Baylor freshman linebacker Taylor Young was the top defensive newcomer.

Perine leads the Big 12 with 131.6 yards rushing per game and 21 touchdowns. He set the NCAA single-game record with 427 yards against Kansas on Nov. 22, a week after Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon had 408 to break what had been a 15-year-old record held by TCU's LaDainian Tomlinson against UTEP.

Tyler Lockett, who this season surpassed his father as Kansas State's career leader in receptions, yards and touchdown catches, is a repeat first-team selection. The other first-team receivers, also who averaged more than 100 yards receiving per game, are West Virginia senior Kevin White and Baylor sophomore Corey Coleman, who matched the league lead with 10 TD catches while playing only nine games.

Texas Tech junior left tackle Le'Raven Clark was also a first-team pick last season. The other first-teamers up front are Kansas State center B.J. Finney and offensive linemen Drango, West Virginia senior Mark Glowinski and Oklahoma senior Daryl Williams. Iowa State's E.J. Bibbs was the first-team tight end.

Dawson was the league's leading tackler with 128 and tied with 18 1/2 tackles for loss. His 41-yard interception return for a touchdown put the Frogs ahead to stay in a 37-33 win over then-No. 4 Oklahoma in their Big 12 opener.

The other first-team linebackers are Kansas' Ben Heeney, Big 12 sack leader Pete Robertson from Texas Tech, and Oklahoma's Eric Striker.

Brown is on the defensive line with Baylor teammates Andrew Billings and Shawn Oakman, and Oklahoma State's Emmanuel Ogbah.

TCU's Chris Hackett and Oklahoma's Zack Sanchez, who tied for the league lead with six interceptions, were first-team defensive backs, joined by TCU's Sam Carter and Baylor's Orion Stewart.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, I just looked and we aren't even ranked in the Committee's poll or the AP poll.
I guess enough Coaches around the country like Bob enough, we're ranked 24th in that poll.

Bob has finished Unranked in 1999, 2009.
I don't think we beat Clemson so it looks like it will be this year too.
Not that it matters much at this point.

What recruits are knocking down the door to get in on that good shit??