• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is It Finally Over Over

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... Paxton was lights out before his injury though, he was definitely our ace ... Felix was a little up and down..
For sure I think Paxton is the ace moving forward into next season. It always seems to take Paxton a few starts to get back in the groove. Both guys need to stay healthy next season if they had been healthy this season things could be looking a lot better.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure I think Paxton is the ace moving forward into next season. It always seems to take Paxton a few starts to get back in the groove. Both guys need to stay healthy next season if they had been healthy this season things could be looking a lot better.

Paxton will be the Ace (if still on team), but for me that is not a good thing. An Ace has to be able to pitch more than 121 innings in a MLB season which at age 27 he still has not. Talent there, arm is major question (Bedard 2.0).

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton if healthy would be fine but he hasn't proven that. Therefore I think you need a 1B to go with the 1A

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners currently have 3 guys on the team who will likely be slotted into the Mariners starting rotation for next year with Felix, Paxton and Leake.

Given Paxton's injury issues and Felix's recent injury issues I believe the Mariners need 2 top end starting pitchers. I say two and not 3 because due to Jerry's insistence on trading for controllable #5/#6 caliber pitchers, we will have plenty of people to step in if/when Paxton and/or Felix go down.

I just hope that JD isn't satisfied with his Ramirez and Gonzales additions. I could see that happening though.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope that JD isn't satisfied with his Ramirez and Gonzales additions. I could see that happening though.

Oh ya, you know those two are his poster children for great acquisitions...lol.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ya, you know those two are his poster children for great acquisitions...lol.

You say it sarcastically, but he legitimately seemed confused over the backlash by Mariners fans after the trade. He seemed to think Marco was still a great prospect who is MLB ready.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say it sarcastically, but he legitimately seemed confused over the backlash by Mariners fans after the trade. He seemed to think Marco was still a great prospect who is MLB ready.
I agree with AZ it is scary... the guy is often way off when giving value to players not only in terms of potential and talent but what they offer the current roster as well as the roster a few seasons down the road.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he did and that is what scares me most.

I agree with AZ it is scary... the guy is often way off when giving value to players not only in terms of potential and talent but what they offer the current roster as well as the roster a few seasons down the road.

I'm with ya both. Also, I'm just worried that since he invested a significant amount in Gonzales and Ramirez that he may not be willing to bump them both out of the lineup. He'd be better off quickly admitting to his failures and moving forward, but this offseason will be a big test for him.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners currently have 3 guys on the team who will likely be slotted into the Mariners starting rotation for next year with Felix, Paxton and Leake.

Given Paxton's injury issues and Felix's recent injury issues I believe the Mariners need 2 top end starting pitchers. I say two and not 3 because due to Jerry's insistence on trading for controllable #5/#6 caliber pitchers, we will have plenty of people to step in if/when Paxton and/or Felix go down.

An issue I have with Jerry and his "pitching" is he is acquiring a bunch of guys who are only good for either number 5 jobs or spot starters for a 10 day DL stint. Even Leake will be a question next year, as he is doing fine currently but he was essentially Gallardo prior to the trade. The staff is screwed again IMO if he doesn't sign at least two guys.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm glad we as Mariners fans have learn from our mistakes with Jack Z. Jack's first few moves worked out well then started getting hosed on trades. It took Jerry 3/4 of one year for him to make me question him and this put him on the I will question every move you make.

I still don't understand how such a smart dude is upset about the reaction from his O'Neill trade. Every day even average starters > back end of the rotation / long relievers.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can say now unequivocally that this season is over.
Hang Felix up. Hang Paxton up. Hang anyone else that is hurting or even close to hurting up. No point in risking further injuries.

And Dipoto... fuck you.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton will be the Ace (if still on team), but for me that is not a good thing. An Ace has to be able to pitch more than 121 innings in a MLB season which at age 27 he still has not. Talent there, arm is major question (Bedard 2.0).
I like the "if still on team" part bc its so damn true... god knows dipshit is capable of trading him away for who knows what.

Regardless, Felix's ace status is no doubt gone

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can say now unequivocally that this season is over.
Hang Felix up. Hang Paxton up. Hang anyone else that is hurting or even close to hurting up. No point in risking further injuries.

And Dipoto... fuck you.
If he thought there was fan backlash over the trades that brought Errorasmus back, then that's nothing compared to what it will be when these fools puss completely out of the wild card contention.

Just the thought that they are still 3.5 games out for the last spot with two weeks to spare is laughable, cause they just don't belong there!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather they just tank it and land a protected pick. 12 teams have worse records than us right now. Let's tank and land a protected pick, but the Mariners probably aren't even competent enough to lose when they should.

Yep. I remember when we had a shot to land Strasburg but won out like our last 5 games of the year to be one ahead of the Nats who obviously took him. Instead we got fuckin' 'Hackley'.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ms needed to trade away everyone this season and end up getting as much farm as possible to blow the whole thing up... but what does Dipoto do? Go into buy mode and just add a bunch of average Joe's because we had zero farm system for trade ammo to begin with.

And Walker is pitching 3.5 ERA with 2.8 in the last month, so even that trade is looking fairly equal now. DBacks are basically in the playoffs.

God and the haul we could've gotten for Felix back in 2014 when I was saying to trade him. UGH.

This team isn't going anywhere now or next year. Should've got rid of Seager and Paxton too when we had the chance. Build the team right, through the farm system just like the Yankees/Sox, and Cubs did.

And our pitching next year good God that'll be bad. Bunch of injury prone guys and Felix's arm is not what it used to be. We have ZERO trade ammunition to acquire pitchers we desperately need.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, if only they had the late-game rally attitude that they had against Cleveland last night (CLEVELAND?!!!), and used it against their own division rivals, then I'd believe they were worth chasing the wild card.

Maybe.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five errors and an early surrender against Cleveland earlier today.

Welp, it's not "playing for pride" if you have none to begin with, I say.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five errors and an early surrender against Cleveland earlier today.

Welp, it's not "playing for pride" if you have none to begin with, I say.

But going into the season they were suppose to be a top 5 defense

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But going into the season they were suppose to be a top 5 defense
"Supposed to be" doesn't necessarily mean they will be. As we learn from this, one of two games where we committed so many Es.

R E B U I L D I N G