• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is It Finally Over Over

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over over = Undisputed, let's quit kidding ourselves, over

At 74-69, if the Twins kept up their current winning pace they would finish at 84-78. The Mariners would have to go 14-4 to pass them.
The Mariners have 18 games left. 12 are on the road. 15 are against teams with a better record than theirs.
The Twins have 19 games left. 10 are on the road. 13 are against sub .500 teams.

So, time to play the kids.
Leave Dyson DLed. He did a nice job but we may not need him next year. Let his winter break start now.
Bench Ruiz for the remainder of the season and give Marajama a few starts so we can see what he looks like. Give Ruiz the last start of the season and that can be his career sayonara.

Leave Paxton, Felix and Kuma on the DL. No need to rush them now. DL Miranda. The kid is clearly gassed. Gallardo can be the forgotten man. He has zero value now.
Rotation:
Leake
Moore
Rameriz
Gonzalez (Might as well. The games don't matter now so give him another audition.)
Albers

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over over = Undisputed, let's quit kidding ourselves, over

At 74-69, if the Twins kept up their current winning pace they would finish at 84-78. The Mariners would have to go 14-4 to pass them.
The Mariners have 18 games left. 12 are on the road. 15 are against teams with a better record than theirs.
The Twins have 19 games left. 10 are on the road. 13 are against sub .500 teams.

So, time to play the kids.
Leave Dyson DLed. He did a nice job but we may not need him next year. Let his winter break start now.
Bench Ruiz for the remainder of the season and give Marajama a few starts so we can see what he looks like. Give Ruiz the last start of the season and that can be his career sayonara.

Leave Paxton, Felix and Kuma on the DL. No need to rush them now. DL Miranda. The kid is clearly gassed. Gallardo can be the forgotten man. He has zero value now.
Rotation:
Leake
Moore
Rameriz
Gonzalez (Might as well. The games don't matter now so give him another audition.)
Albers

I think the Ms go something like 5-13 the last 18 games and finish at 76-86.
The veteran infield and the youthful outfield are polar opposites. The kids still have game. The vets are just playing out the string with no ambition left except to pile on to their homerun total.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably done ... 97% over, the final 3% is when they are mathematically eliminated. This team would have to be really really good the rest of the way. All season I haven't seen them as good as they would need to be final 18 games to get in.

I legit thought this team would be able to put up more wins or similar wins as last seasons team, not the case. All the things we thought were weak spots on the roster before opening day turned out to be worse than we thought and magnified by injuries. Disappointing but I don't think this team has what it needs to make a final run at the wild card.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather they just tank it and land a protected pick. 12 teams have worse records than us right now. Let's tank and land a protected pick, but the Mariners probably aren't even competent enough to lose when they should.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have a name for "being over" in Mariners land...it is called Opening Day.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather they just tank it and land a protected pick. 12 teams have worse records than us right now. Let's tank and land a protected pick, but the Mariners probably aren't even competent enough to lose when they should.

Yuniesky Betancourt

Need I say more?

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean they weren't already tanking? It's that little something they often do before we're halfway through the season!

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have a name for "being over" in Mariners land...it is called Opening Day.
What is rally pathetic is that I am still watching the games. Glutton for punishment, I guess. Sunday was particularly bad switching between watching the Angels beat the Mariners and watching the Refs beat the Seahawks. My 12-year-old likes to watch re-runs of Friends. I may give up baseball and join her.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean they weren't already tanking? It's that little something they often do before we're halfway through the season!

Tanking is intentional, what we are witnessing is choking. Mariners are great at that.

Shitty thing about the end of the season is with Paxton and Felix returning, along with the addition of Leake, they will probably remain competitive for the rest of the year. Willing to bet they're within 2 of the wildcard by the end of the season.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the team wouldn't bring back Felix and Paxson to pitch this season... No need to...

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is rally pathetic is that I am still watching the games. Glutton for punishment, I guess. Sunday was particularly bad switching between watching the Angels beat the Mariners and watching the Refs beat the Seahawks. My 12-year-old likes to watch re-runs of Friends. I may give up baseball and join her.
im watching too.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still watch as well. Sunday was even worse for me because it was also my wife's birthday and we celebrated it Saturday night because she knew I wouldn't be having anyone around me Sunday with both teams most likely losing. Not a good environment that day around my house. Maybe we should start a Friends thread and say just the heck with all this sports crap.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm still looking!

I honestly can't believe bring back James and Felix is the right call. ( I know they need butts in the seats)
But come on, if any possible chance this team has next season these two would need to be A) Healthy and B) pitch way above what has happen the last two years....

As always it goes back to the same ole saying, "when it's a train wreck we are suppose to look away but in reality we continue to watch!"

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm a little prudish, but 12 sounds a bit young for Friends.
No, I agree. 12 years old is too young to be watching Friends.
I'm still looking!

As always it goes back to the same ole saying, "when it's a train wreck we are suppose to look away but in reality we continue to watch!"
More like ground hog day...

Or

The definition of insanity: doing the same damn thing over and over, and expecting different results.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the team wouldn't bring back Felix and Paxson to pitch this season... No need to...
In the case of Felix, is it really worth bringing him back? I mean, he's been injured THREE TIMES this year; do we really trust Servais to keep it from happening again?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the case of Felix, is it really worth bringing him back? I mean, he's been injured THREE TIMES this year; do we really trust Servais to keep it from happening again?

I feel like you gotta try, if you can make the MLB playoffs anything can happen, if you're that close you gotta at least roll the dice, it's a long off season... Servais better get his SHIT together and stop throwing there arms off...

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like you gotta try, if you can make the MLB playoffs anything can happen, if you're that close you gotta at least roll the dice, it's a long off season... Servais better get his SHIT together and stop throwing there arms off...
I agree, as much as it feels like a cliff to climb with this team and unlikely they will be able to make a legit run the last few weeks, they are still within reaching distance. If Felix make them better and there is still a shimmer of hope you gotta try.

However I wouldn't be surprised to see Felix struggle, same with Paxton

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, as much as it feels like a cliff to climb with this team and unlikely they will be able to make a legit run the last few weeks, they are still within reaching distance. If Felix make them better and there is still a shimmer of hope you gotta try.

However I wouldn't be surprised to see Felix struggle, same with Paxton

True... Paxton was lights out before his injury though, he was definitely our ace ... Felix was a little up and down..

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the games whenever there isn't a football game on I want to watch. I still always check the box score though when I don't catch the game.