• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it ever OK to switch your fandom?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could snap my fingers and lose all emotional attachment to the Redskins I would do so in a second....

Unfortunately it doesnt work that way.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will never not be a redskins fan . if they change the name then all bets are off

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is it OK to switch the team you root for?

Perspective | ‘Goodbye, Redskins’: One fan attempts a trial separation from his favorite NFL team

A coupe of interesting reads.... I also saw after the Alex Smith trade went down it was either Barstool or Deadspin who were proclaiming that Redskins fans should be allowed to switch their fandom without any grief.

Pretty sure you were never a redskins fan to begin with.

Definitely sure that nobody will miss you when you're gone.

Peace out, homey.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peace out, homey.

hahahaha go kick rocks dumb dumb

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peace out, homey.

I agree... NFL shield instead of the skins logo is chickenshit for your favs.
Oh and fuck the flyers too

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Go kick rocks dumb dumb?”

Why did you have to go tgere, Filthy fan? That hurts.

Low blow. My dad was a rockkicker - best in the world. Why, he could a rock from the Schuylkull to the Shennandoas sittin’ down. Took pride in it, he did. Best in the world.

You using it as slander. Well, dang it, it tears me up inside.

You take it back now, hear? Take it back!

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is OK to change the team you root for. Teams are not always the same. If you love dogs, I wouldn't think you would root for your team if they signed Vick. I think it is far more crazy to have unreasonable allegiance to a team.
Of course it is different if you just jump on bandwagons, but I don't think many people do that. Of course we will if the team has a reason to root for them. I was rooting for the Bills in their playoff game because they hadn't been there in a long time. I think I would have kept rooting for them for as long as they stayed active in the playoffs.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles, the difference is that the whiny philly fan was never a redskins fan to begin with, and already likes the Flyers, for no good reason. Seriously, the Flyers? Got a thing for wussy french canadian forwards a la claude giroux, do you?

Like overrated defensemen a la Gostisbehere?

Dale Hunter juking Angry Ron Hextall was one of my favorite memories of all time.

Ahh the memories....

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles, the difference is that the whiny philly fan was never a redskins fan to begin with, and already likes the Flyers, for no good reason. Seriously, the Flyers? Got a thing for wussy french canadian forwards a la claude giroux, do you?

Like overrated defensemen a la Gostisbehere?

Dale Hunter juking Angry Ron Hextall was one of my favorite memories of all time.

Ahh the memories....

I guess I didn't realize what the root of the question was for. So he is a Redskins football fan, but in the NHL he's a Flyers fan instead of a Capitols fan?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, you can switch teams.....in theory. I'm in love with a bitch I can't stand. If I could switch teams I'd of dropped the Skins faster than a hot crack pipe a long time ago.

Now if the Skins ever change their name though. ALL bets are off...............I hope. Not only will I leave this evil, heartless, triflin bitch. I'm gonna spit all over its haircut first.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I didn't realize what the root of the question was for. So he is a Redskins football fan, but in the NHL he's a Flyers fan instead of a Capitols fan?

I don't think he is a redskins fan, or ever has been a redskins fan.

I like busting his idiotic chops though.

I mean who by choice is a Flyers fan? It's like being a Penguins fan by choice? Why?

Busch Stadium, btw, is an excellent place to watch a baseball game. Especially with them cards fans - some of the most friendly fans west of Camden Yards that I've ever met....

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if the redskins change their name, as long as it's not super dumb. Like "Flyers."

That's a dumb name for a sports team.

:-)

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is from Philly & you will notice he also roots for the Flyers. He explained in a previous post why growing up he choose to root for the Redskins instead of the Eagles. I could go back and dig up that post but frankly at this pt I don't give a shit.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is OK to change the team you root for. Teams are not always the same. If you love dogs, I wouldn't think you would root for your team if they signed Vick. I think it is far more crazy to have unreasonable allegiance to a team.
Of course it is different if you just jump on bandwagons, but I don't think many people do that. Of course we will if the team has a reason to root for them. I was rooting for the Bills in their playoff game because they hadn't been there in a long time. I think I would have kept rooting for them for as long as they stayed active in the playoffs.

Of course it is crazy and unreasonable to root for a team even when they are doing poorly. By definition a fan is a fanatic, and there is pretty much nothing reasonable about that. It is also what makes it fun & that much better if/when the team finally does well.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give any Jets fan an instant pass.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my thoughts on this topic in general.

"It's a business. It's a business. It's a business." Players and owners pound that topic to death to justify raising prices and ridiculous salaries.

That's all fine and good.

If they want to act like a business, then I say treat them like a business.

And when they churn out a crappy product, what do you do?

You take your business elsewhere.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is crazy and unreasonable to root for a team even when they are doing poorly. .
I don't think it is wrong to root for a team that has been doing poorly for quite awhile. Sometimes teams just have runs of bad luck and cannot attract good free agents. Other teams get stuck in mediocrity and can't get over the hump. If you put a good enough team out there to finish middle of the pack or better, but miss the playoffs, you are not getting a good draft position. If you are in a city that cannot attract free agents, it is tough to put a championship caliber team together. In the NFL, I would say the Bills fit that a bit. The NBA it would be the Pacers.
However, if your team is making shit moves for years (the Browns), it is understandable if fans jump ship.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if the redskins change their name, as long as it's not super dumb. Like "Flyers."

That's a dumb name for a sports team.

:-)

hahahahaha you are literally unhinged.

and weirdly obsessed

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is from Philly & you will notice he also roots for the Flyers. He explained in a previous post why growing up he choose to root for the Redskins instead of the Eagles. I could go back and dig up that post but frankly at this pt I don't give a shit.

For someone who doesnt give a shit you sure do comment a lot on it

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is it OK to switch the team you root for?

Perspective | ‘Goodbye, Redskins’: One fan attempts a trial separation from his favorite NFL team

A coupe of interesting reads.... I also saw after the Alex Smith trade went down it was either Barstool or Deadspin who were proclaiming that Redskins fans should be allowed to switch their fandom without any grief.

I tried to switch from the Jets during the Kotitte era. I have family in Florida near Tampa and spent a lot of time down there is I figured I root for them. Just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I have one friend who switched in baseball from the Mets to the Yankees. He was 9, and it was 1978 I believe. His favorite players were Dave Kingmon and Seaver. He wakes up one day and they had traded both of them for basically nothing. His Dad was a big Yankee fan, saw an opening and pounced. He watched Greg Nettles dive all over the field in a game, Goose Gossage came out in the 9th and threw heat and it was all over. He's been a Yankee fan ever since.