• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it ever OK to switch your fandom?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only person any one has to justify this kind of move to is ones self.

The Redskins are still my NFL football team. But as far as favorite Sports team, they currently rank 2nd or third. I would never pull for another football team in the NFL over them. But I might not pass up a good day of fishing or paintball to watch the game as I have done in the past.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it's A-OK.
I haven't but in the bad old days of the Red Sox and Pats made me want to.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Redskins are still my NFL football team. But as far as favorite Sports team, they currently rank 2nd or third. I would never pull for another football team in the NFL over them. But I might not pass up a good day of fishing or paintball to watch the game as I have done in the past.

In terms of doing other things on game day when the Skins (or any team) are not doing well I would state that it is not only OK to pursue other activities (golfing, fishing, yardwork, etc) - it might actually be a healthy diversion.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Canuckistanian, my first love is hockey and I will die a Habs fan no matter how incompetent team management currently is. In baseball it was my beloved Expos who were kidnapped in the middle of the night, thrown in a trunk and moved to Washington. I have not as yet adopted another MLB team to cheer for. I still wear my Expos baseball cap. As for the NFL, I have been an Eagles fan for many years even though most of those years were a huge letdown to the point I stopped caring about who they drafted. I never stopped being a fan however and was always happy when they won. I feel better now that they've won a SB (finally) and will continue to support them even though there are no NFL teams up here.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Canuckistanian, my first love is hockey and I will die a Habs fan no matter how incompetent team management currently is. In baseball it was my beloved Expos who were kidnapped in the middle of the night, thrown in a trunk and moved to Washington. I have not as yet adopted another MLB team to cheer for. I still wear my Expos baseball cap. As for the NFL, I have been an Eagles fan for many years even though most of those years were a huge letdown to the point I stopped caring about who they drafted. I never stopped being a fan however and was always happy when they won. I feel better now that they've won a SB (finally) and will continue to support them even though there are no NFL teams up here.

The Eagles and the Redskins couldnt be on further ends of the spectrum.

Eagles have a good owner, fan base, and have outstanding management in Howie Roseman and Douglas

Redskins are dogshit

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster is more likely to be found on the Sportster or :fish2: between 1:00 and 4:00 now then in the previous few years.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles have a good owner, fan base, and have outstanding management in Howie Roseman and Douglas

Redskins are dogshit

GO.. be an Eagles fan. You have my blessing.

96335106.jpg

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportster is more likely to be found on the Sportster or :fish2: between 1:00 and 4:00 now then in the previous few years.

IM in Florida... at 1:00 during football season, its way to hot out to be riding for a pleasure ride. SO thats an early morning, late evening thing. :D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would have been easier if they didnt trade for that lying race baiting hack Michael Bennett

You live in Philly, they just won a SuperBowl, and you apparently want to be an Eagles fan.

Football teams are like Girlfriends in a way.... none of them are perfect. If Bennett is your deal breaker, thats on you. But players are temporary as we in Redskins land are being reminded yearly.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You live in Philly, they just won a SuperBowl, and you apparently want to be an Eagles fan.

Football teams are like Girlfriends in a way.... none of them are perfect. If Bennett is your deal breaker, thats on you. But players are temporary as we in Redskins land are being reminded yearly.

yeah and who on the skins has that star power that you can hang your hat on? Jamison Crowder? Jordan Reed?

I love Trent Williams but hes a LT whos health and play has begun to decline

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Redskins are dogshit

It's perfectly fine for you to. Sounds like you already have. Fuck the Eagles!

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's perfectly fine for you to. Sounds like you already have. Fuck the Eagles!

Fuck Dan Snyder, Bruce Allen, and the wine and cheese transplant Redskins fans

and I was just sharing a couple articles I found interesting thats all....

Its not easy being a redskins fan.... may be the most difficult team for actual fans to cheer for in all of the major sports

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hate the question of if it is ok to switch your fandom, or what is a true fan....

Really who is judging??? You like something because that thing makes you happy, once your not enjoying something then why would you be choosing to do it??? so if you find pleasure rooting for any certain team, then have fun doing it... I am not going to stop ya...

Just don't talk unless you are knowledgable...

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all likelihood I will be sitting in front of the TV on Sundays during Skins games. For me Cousin's brought back some hope. It was the first time we had a good QB since JC was an apprentice carpenter. Now it just seems like we are reverting back to all the rest of the years since Snyder has owned the team. But hey, maybe Smith will do things the same or better than Cousin's. I am not going to bet a nickel on that and we had a lot of other problems that still need to be fixed Stay tuned.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to horn in on yore Black Panthah Pahtee, but:

I've done it.

I grew up in South Carolina, near Charlotte, when there were NO pro teams within a 100 miles. First, we got the original Hornets, who eventually left town for New Orleans. I continued to support them for a few more years, because I liked players such as Baron Davis - and it wasn't their fault the team had moved. By the time Charlotte was re-awarded the Bobcats franchise, I had moved away. I now have absolutely no attachment to the Pelicans or the modern Hornets. I sort of watch the Nets now, but god, are they terrible...

In Football, up until the league awarded the Panthers franchise, most of us latched on to a nationally prominent team like the Cowboys, Steelers, 49'ers... or the closest thing to a local team, which meant either the Falcons or Skins. When the Panthers came, most of us immediately dropped the old allegiance to support the new team, but some folks would still follow their old one.

It makes a difference if you're born and raised in one place and there always was a team, though...so hang your head in shame for thinking such a thing

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hate the question of if it is ok to switch your fandom, or what is a true fan....

Really who is judging??? You like something because that thing makes you happy, once your not enjoying something then why would you be choosing to do it??? so if you find pleasure rooting for any certain team, then have fun doing it... I am not going to stop ya...

Just don't talk unless you are knowledgable...

I don't really think that anybody here or anyone I know has an issue with anyone switching allegiance & becoming a fan of another team. IMO - quite the contrary - if you want to root for another team - fine - no hard feelings. I would rather someone do that then bitch about the team non-stop. I totally understand the frustration & bad feelings against ownership & others but just don't want to spend everyday beating myself up & doing nothing but complaining (not that there are not things to complain about but life is too short).

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You are stuck with whatever team you chose as a child. Living and dying, laughing or crying your whole life unitil your final breath.

Fanatic.