• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Franklin starting?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just got here. Is Aubrayo Franklin starting for the Saints? Just curious 'cause I was so against giving him a long term contract.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just got here. Is Aubrayo Franklin starting for the Saints? Just curious 'cause I was so against giving him a long term contract.

Do you think the Niners are better this year without Franklin thatn they would be with him?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Niners are better this year without Franklin thatn they would be with him?

Overall, probably close. But Sick doesn't care about this year...that's irrelevant until we're contenders. I share his view, to an extent.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference. Maybe a tiny bit worse, but not by much. I certainly didn't want him to sign a long term deal with the Niners. I caught a lot of flack for that.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I am tired of the terrible football year after year and I don't see how getting worse this year will make them better in 2012. When do we expect the Niners to get better and why should we believe the folks steering the ship can get them there?

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference. Maybe a tiny bit worse, but not by much. I certainly didn't want him to sign a long term deal with the Niners. I caught a lot of flack for that.

The Saints got him for a year, that or even a two year deal would work for me. Was he holding back a more talented player?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I am tired of the terrible football year after year and I don't see how getting worse this year will make them better in 2012.

I'm tired of it too, but signing average players to huge deals (like Donahue did) isn't the answer. Granted the NFL proved my point when Franklin only got about 3 million & 1 year.

When do we expect the Niners to get better and why should we believe the folks steering the ship can get them there?

When they get a franchise QB and maybe. So far I'm not impressed by Baalke. But I love me some Harbaugh.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am tired of the terrible football year after year and I don't see how getting worse this year will make them better in 2012.

I'm tired of it too, but signing average players to huge deals (like Donahue did) isn't the answer. Granted the NFL proved my point when Franklin only got about 3 million & 1 year.

When do we expect the Niners to get better and why should we believe the folks steering the ship can get them there?

When they get a franchise QB and maybe. So far I'm not impressed by Baalke. But I love me some Harbaugh.

Gotcha on point one.
I like Harbaugh too but he is but I think the Niners biggest problem is above the coaching position and I don;t see them addressing those issues anytime soon which worries me. Perhaps they will luck (or Luck?) into a good QB someday.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
franklin got moved around 3rd and shorts. watch the starks td and the khun td he was on roller skates rjf >franklin soap=franklin imo

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hard to believe I was in an arguement over who's better between Franklin and Vince Wilfork.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
franklin got moved around 3rd and shorts. watch the starks td and the khun td he was on roller skates rjf >franklin soap=franklin imo

RJF is not better than either of them Mrs Jean-Francois.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints got him for a year, that or even a two year deal would work for me. Was he holding back a more talented player?

Pretty much how I feel. I would have liked a front heavy, two year deal for him. If we have our sights on a better player in the next draft, we get another year out of him, give him a chance to earn a bigger payday, and get something in return through a trade.

When the guys you currently have behind him are a bit of a drop off, what's wrong with keeping the better player around a year longer? I'm hopeful for RJF and Soap, but not yet sold on the idea of them being better than Franklin.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Unless RJF far exceeds my realistic hopes for him NT is probably the 2nd biggest need on the team IMO.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin was not a long term solution at all.

Season hasn't started yet, so there's no telling if we'll miss him to an extent. I mean did we lose a big part in the run defense? sure, i could give you that, but did we gain a little more in rushing the passer? i think so...

time will tell if our run def suffers or plays better.