• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Dean a fan of the Redskins?

Do you believe Dean wants the Skins to do well?

• Total voters

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

here is the TD pass to CT , notice he threw it off his back foot and delivered a good ball for a 1st down at least , CT made a TD out of it

if he throws it in the stands or takes a sack on purpose we end up with a FG attempt

he had every right to think he could execute the play to crowder and he made the right choice . you cant pass up open wrs , to "play it safe " or you end up being scott tolzien

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Sty, do you believe he should have taken the sack?

Do you believe any other QB in the NFL passes up a wide open player because the perfect pocket is not available?

Do you believe Aaron Rodgers should also throw it away?

I believe that an NFL worthy QB makes adjustments in order to make a better throw, when he can't there are other options including taking a sack. This answers all 3 of your questions. Kirk's problems has been and remains his ability to make adjustments that consistently work out. The entire NFL now knows this and that's why he either makes them pay this year and in years going forward or forever be seen as a game manager.

BTW: NFL QB's H.A.T.E. that labeling.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be honest....Bruce is....well.....this:

th

<iframe src="The Paley Center For Media GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="48

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that an NFL worthy QB makes adjustments in order to make a better throw, when he can't there are other options including taking a sack. This answers all 3 of your questions. Kirk's problems has been and remains his ability to make adjustments that consistently work out. The entire NFL now knows this and that's why he either makes them pay this year and in years going forward or forever be seen as a game manager.

BTW: NFL QB's H.A.T.E. that labeling.

So you have never seen Rodgers make a back foot throw?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

here is the TD pass to CT , notice he threw it off his back foot and delivered a good ball for a 1st down at least , CT made a TD out of it

if he throws it in the stands or takes a sack on purpose we end up with a FG attempt

he had every right to think he could execute the play to crowder and he made the right choice . you cant pass up open wrs , to "play it safe " or you end up being scott tolzien

Let's dispel that notion of throwing off of the back foot once and for all. Almost every pass results from a push or stable back foot. The forward foot is placed (player steps) into the direction in which the ball is intended to go. I believe that what's intended here is "throwing off balance." That happens when there's no place to "plant" that lead foot. While Kirk made a good throw, he took himself out of balance (@ 1:15 to 1:17 mark) by moving his lead foot backwards. It worked out for him on this play, no doubt about it. However, that (success) was in and of itself unusual for him and what every opponent will be betting on for the rest of the season.

This is why Cooley mentioned it as the same type of play as the INT. Every defensive team will take 50% success rates or less if they can get them, especially if one is a key turnover.

On a different note, whenever there's mention of Kirk being able to improve, isn't this exactly what people are referring to?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have never seen Rodgers make a back foot throw?

Nope and neither have you, Off balance throws....absolutely, back foot throws are just something that sounded good and it's caught on.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope and neither have you, Off balance throws....absolutely, back foot throws are just something that sounded good and it's caught on.
:53 seconds in. Is that not a perfect back foot throw?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:53 seconds in. Is that not a perfect back foot throw?

No video, BTW: it's ONLY a perfect "back foot throw" to those who don't know that there is such a thing as an off or out of balance throw, which is what that was. Hey, it worked so there's that.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No video, BTW: it's ONLY a perfect "back foot throw" to those who don't know that there is such a thing as an off or out of balance throw, which is what that was. Hey, it worked so there's that.
There is a video. You have to go to YouTube to see it. It really is a perfect "back foot throw".

Last edited:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is the highlight video. The one interception is at 5:40.

The only bad place to throw this ball is to overthrow it. Anywhere else and is likely a catch or incomplete.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your argument is about the terminology of "back foot throw" then I don't know what you're getting at. Either way I don't think anyone besides Rodgers can make that throw.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually it is a good name I believe because that is where the weight of the QB remains. He never transitions his weight to his front foot and loses zip on the ball. You can be balanced and throw off of your back foot.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok call it off balance if you like , but it applies just the same , he completed the throw to CT that was "off balance " and the off balance throw to crowder was picked off

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is what a fair assessment looks like dean . the INT in question was a bad throw not a bad read or choice to do so . its fair to say he rushed the throw and was antsy in the pocket when he felt false pressure

the film says he was crappy , everyone else says he was crappy

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is what a fair assessment looks like dean . the INT in question was a bad throw not a bad read or choice to do so . its fair to say he rushed the throw and was antsy in the pocket when he felt false pressure

the film says he was crappy , everyone else says he was crappy

People say he played crappy..... he played beyond crappy and you KC lovers won't admit it is the argument from Dean "I'll argue any point anywhere" Pet.

As the other thread about his fandom states. IMO he'd take an 0-16 season just to be right in a discussion. :L

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People say he played crappy..... he played beyond crappy and you KC lovers won't admit it is the argument from Dean "I'll argue any point anywhere" Pet.

As the other thread about his fandom states. IMO he'd take an 0-16 season just to be right in a discussion. :L

That is just wrong. I would never hope for my team to lose. You don't even know the original argument so why even comment?

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just wrong. I would never hope for my team to lose. You don't even know the original argument so why even comment?

Dean the key word in your statement is argument. Everything is an argument with you. I'm a glass half full kinda guy obviously your glass is empty as has been for a while.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean the key word in your statement is argument. Everything is an argument with you. I'm a glass half full kinda guy obviously your glass is empty as has been for a while.

No its not. Everything is not a argument with me. I already made my points about the Eagles game. Why are you still bringing this up after two weeks? Doesn't seem glass half full to me.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No its not. Everything is not a argument with me. I already made my points about the Eagles game. Why are you still bringing this up after two weeks? Doesn't seem glass half full to me.

We shall see... win or lose against Oakland I look forward to your uplifting thoughts on the game :suds: