• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Dame Lillard better than Curry?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E-thug life is great. It's a lot less dangerous than actual thug life.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And opinions from wannabe internet gangsters can make assholes.

I just hope you're aware that Embiid's turnover rate this season is higher that of Hakeem or Karl Malone in any season of their lengthy careers. And you of course are on word for saying the only reason Hakeem has any rings is because Jordan retired.

The notion that Embiid is a championship-caliber player and Hakeem wasn't is unthinkable to say the least.

Hakeem is a top 2 center of all-time. Not championship-caliber? Lmao

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E-thug life is great. It's a lot less dangerous than actual thug life.

Yeah, I was going to do some drive by posting last night, but chickened out. Didn't want to cause an accident.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he is not.

Dame is absolutely filthy. He's one of my favorite players to watch in the NBA. But Steph is the system in Golden State. His production is still ridiculous high and efficient, while also understanding the construct of the team and the sharing concept. If he wanted to, he could go out and average 30+ a game with ease and the Warriors would still be a top team in the NBA. The fact that he doesn't need to, shouldn't be viewed as him being a lesser player than Dame.

Go look at the Per 36 stats this year between the two players. Go look at the advance statistics. Literally every category has Steph as the far superior player.

Lastly if you say, "Well Dame is 2 years younger and only 27". Well go look at what Curry did when he was 27.

I'm not even trying to be biased here, but there's no tangible argument for saying Dame is better. The only way I could even fathom someone arguing this is based off of injury history with what Curry has gone through this year. Other than that, there is no metric that shows Dame to be better. At all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he is not.

Dame is absolutely filthy. He's one of my favorite players to watch in the NBA. But Steph is the system in Golden State. His production is still ridiculous high and efficient, while also understanding the construct of the team and the sharing concept. If he wanted to, he could go out and average 30+ a game with ease and the Warriors would still be a top team in the NBA. The fact that he doesn't need to, shouldn't be viewed as him being a lesser player than Dame.

Go look at the Per 36 stats this year between the two players. Go look at the advance statistics. Literally every category has Steph as the far superior player.

Lastly if you say, "Well Dame is 2 years younger and only 27". Well go look at what Curry did when he was 27.

I'm not even trying to be biased here, but there's no tangible argument for saying Dame is better. The only way I could even fathom someone arguing this is based off of injury history with what Curry has gone through this year. Other than that, there is no metric that shows Dame to be better. At all.

Best post on the thread.

I am basing my question on the eye test. I do think it is closer than the advanced stats say. I also think that some of the top players would select Lillard over Curry. But, the ability for Curry to produce within the team concept is what makes him so great.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Curry has the far superior resume, one that Dame is unlikely to ever best, but damn Dame is nasty.

You all know I love Curry, but Dame is like the slightly younger, more athletic version. He is finally starting to be mentioned among the elite players in the game, and rightly so. Lillard is on the cusp of superstardom IMO.
Curry is better

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is close right now.

I would bet that Portland would not be better with Curry than they are with Lillard. They need Lillard to take over games at times, and Curry does not do that as well as Lillard does. He has a much better team around him, no doubt, but Lillard is knocking on the door.

Also, as much as I love Curry, he is mildly overrated as an individual in much the same way that Steve Nash was. He is a truly great team offensive player, but I think he would struggle a bit if on a roster where he had to carry the load and create everything himself. Lillard can do that.
Have to disagree here. Curry can ABSOLUTELY take over a game & carry his team to victory. The way he takes over a game is more apparent IMO now that they have KD. Most thought he would've shied away from that moment because of KD's resume, however, he didn't & they have benefited from it as a team.

Dame's problem is he get's stuck in that iso mode when the game is on the line instead of remembering that using is team is how they stayed in the game to begin with. He also tends to lose sight of the goal when he see's a few shots go in - he then will start chucking shots up even when there's a better basketball play as an option. No discipline IMO. Until he learns that he won't be better than Curry.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say since Curry has such an advantage playing in the system he's in. Every player in that system looks better than they really are because they maximize their talents. Just like Pop can take a G leaguer and make them look like an all star.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say since Curry has such an advantage playing in the system he's in. Every player in that system looks better than they really are because they maximize their talents. Just like Pop can take a G leaguer and make them look like an all star.

Any possible way that Curry is the system? He did win the MVP 2x without a guy named Kevin Durant. And in his first MVP, Draymond Green wasn't even an all-star at that point. He was the best player on his team for their first championship and for a 73 win team.

Curry's advantage is his actual game. It allows for so much flexibility because of what he can do and how you have to guard him. You put him on any of the other 29 teams and I guarantee you they're changing how they operate and the system they run to cater to him. Well maybe 28, because any team with Lebron I think still has to operate through him.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any possible way that Curry is the system? He did win the MVP 2x without a guy named Kevin Durant. And in his first MVP, Draymond Green wasn't even an all-star at that point. He was the best player on his team for their first championship and for a 73 win team.

Curry's advantage is his actual game. It allows for so much flexibility because of what he can do and how you have to guard him. You put him on any of the other 29 teams and I guarantee you they're changing how they operate and the system they run to cater to him. Well maybe 28, because any team with Lebron I think still has to operate through him.

No

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate y'all.

But, yep....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes and no. I think the system has a lot to do with it, but that doesn't mean that Steph isn't a special player.

The Lakers run virtually the same system as the Warriors and when they are running it right, they are literally capable of beating any team in the league because it makes the individual players better than they are (or maybe better stated, allows them to maximize their talents). So the system has a lot to do with it.

Having said that, for any system to work, it still has to have players who can take advantage of it. For a player like Steph, who is already a great player, it just makes him that much more impossible to deal with.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Curry has the far superior resume, one that Dame is unlikely to ever best, but damn Dame is nasty.

You all know I love Curry, but Dame is like the slightly younger, more athletic version. He is finally starting to be mentioned among the elite players in the game, and rightly so. Lillard is on the cusp of superstardom IMO.
No.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Dame disappears in the post season, Curry won his team their first title.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Dame disappears in the post season, Curry won his team their first title.

the warriors had an NBA championship before curry was even born.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the warriors had an NBA championship before curry was even born.

But it was the first title for 'his team', just as he said