• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Dame Lillard better than Curry?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Also, what is up with this "Dame is younger" stuff. It's barely a two year age difference. They're both in their primes. It's highly unlikely Lillard gets leaps better than what he is now.

And FWIW, I've always though Dame is good. I've been on here every year in January lobbying for Lillard to get All Star votes. He gets left out because he plays in Portland and people forget they exist. But he's just as much in the top PG class as Curry, Irving, Wall, etc.

But he's not better than Curry.

2 years is 2 years.

Doesn't seem like a lot now, but it could in a couple years with Curry's ankles and all the playoff mileage.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Curry has the far superior resume, one that Dame is unlikely to ever best, but damn Dame is nasty.

You all know I love Curry, but Dame is like the slightly younger, more athletic version. He is finally starting to be mentioned among the elite players in the game, and rightly so. Lillard is on the cusp of superstardom IMO.

He's no Joel Embiid though, so therefore he has zero chance to ever win a title. :clap:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's no Joel Embiid though, so therefore he has zero chance to ever win a title. :clap:

meyers.gif

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are some kind of special aren't you?

And opinions from wannabe internet gangsters can make assholes.

I just hope you're aware that Embiid's turnover rate this season is higher that of Hakeem or Karl Malone in any season of their lengthy careers. And you of course are on word for saying the only reason Hakeem has any rings is because Jordan retired.

The notion that Embiid is a championship-caliber player and Hakeem wasn't is unthinkable to say the least.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just hope you're aware that Embiid's turnover rate this season is higher that of Hakeem or Karl Malone in any season of their lengthy careers. And you of course are on word for saying the only reason Hakeem has any rings is because Jordan retired.

The notion that Embiid is a championship-caliber player and Hakeem wasn't is unthinkable to say the least.

Who the fuck in the history of fucks has EVER said this?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Internet gangster? You are the one always starting shit with me. I just finish it.

All I have said about Embiid is that he has superstar potential, which is true. That doesn't mean he will get there, nor does it mean he will win a ring even if he does. Far too many variables.

All I have said is that he and Simmons could both be great and could be the base of the next super team. Now you are comparing Embiid to Hakeem? A no doubt top 10 player of all time? Get out of here with that BS. I never made a comparison like that.

Embiid does have the potential to be that type of player, but he is a very long way from that. He is not a championship caliber player yet, but it doesn't take a genius to say that he has a good chance to get there.

But go ahead and keep making stuff up. After all, it is what you do best.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck in the history of fucks has EVER said this?

Totally stupid.

I probably did say Hakeem wouldn't have won any rings if Jordan hadn't retired. If I didn't say that, I absolutely believe that.

But, like I have said a million times over in LeBron debates. Championships are team accomplishments. The Rockets would not have been able to beat the bulls, IMO, because the Bulls had a better team. That wasn't Hakeem's fault. Just like it isn't LeBron's fault when the Cavs lose to a clearly superior Warrior team.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not believe there is this thought out there that Lillard is better than Curry. If it came down to it, I would take Curry on the Blazers over Lillard. Lillard is good, no doubt, but he isn't better than Curry. GS first title was won mainly due to Curry's play. Lillard without a much better supporting cast is not going to bring a title to Portland.

Again the unfortunate part in all this is the Blazers wont surround Lillard with the talent needed to bring a title to Portland. He's the best player the Blazers have had since the early 2000's and nothing is being done to try and build something here. Olshey is content with having Aminu and Turner as the guys to try and build a 2 guard 1 post system.

Portland isn't aggressive enough in the FA to lure a top 3 or 4 man, and although Lillard is good he doesn't have buddies like Wade and Curry have around the league to bring top named FA. He missed, and thankfully, on getting Melo to Portland.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not believe there is this thought out there that Lillard is better than Curry. If it came down to it, I would take Curry on the Blazers over Lillard. Lillard is good, no doubt, but he isn't better than Curry. GS first title was won mainly due to Curry's play. Lillard without a much better supporting cast is not going to bring a title to Portland.

Again the unfortunate part in all this is the Blazers wont surround Lillard with the talent needed to bring a title to Portland. He's the best player the Blazers have had since the early 2000's and nothing is being done to try and build something here. Olshey is content with having Aminu and Turner as the guys to try and build a 2 guard 1 post system.

Portland isn't aggressive enough in the FA to lure a top 3 or 4 man, and although Lillard is good he doesn't have buddies like Wade and Curry have around the league to bring top named FA. He missed, and thankfully, on getting Melo to Portland.

It is close right now.

I would bet that Portland would not be better with Curry than they are with Lillard. They need Lillard to take over games at times, and Curry does not do that as well as Lillard does. He has a much better team around him, no doubt, but Lillard is knocking on the door.

Also, as much as I love Curry, he is mildly overrated as an individual in much the same way that Steve Nash was. He is a truly great team offensive player, but I think he would struggle a bit if on a roster where he had to carry the load and create everything himself. Lillard can do that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is close right now.

I would bet that Portland would not be better with Curry than they are with Lillard. They need Lillard to take over games at times, and Curry does not do that as well as Lillard does. He has a much better team around him, no doubt, but Lillard is knocking on the door.

Also, as much as I love Curry, he is mildly overrated as an individual in much the same way that Steve Nash was. He is a truly great team offensive player, but I think he would struggle a bit if on a roster where he had to carry the load and create everything himself. Lillard can do that.

^^^This^^^

I was thinking that if they switched teams. neither teams record would be much, if any, different than what they are right now.

But accounting for your point re: Lillard being able to carry the load himself...the Warriors record may not be much different, but the Blazers record may well be a little worse.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he isn't but Lillard is still a great PG in his own right. Both are among the best PG's in the league right now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This^^^

I was thinking that if they switched teams. neither teams record would be much, if any, different than what they are right now.

But accounting for your point re: Lillard being able to carry the load himself...the Warriors record may not be much different, but the Blazers record may well be a little worse.

I think the Warriors would probably be worse too, because Curry is a huge part of the chemistry they have built up. Lillard is different enough that I think it would be a hard adjustment. I don't think Lillard could possibly make their offense any better, could he?