• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is anyone else really confused with the Joseph/Hoskins situation?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got a guy who could be the future core of the Phillies, and then you have a fucking bum in Tommy Joseph. What do you do? Oh, you move the potential future core of the team to a brand new position to accommodate the bum. Of course.

In 498 PA this year, Joseph has slashed .241/.291/.432 for an 85 wRC+. He is 27th out of 28 qualified first baseman this year in wRC+, and dead last in WAR. The guy blows. His ceiling is what you saw last year- good, but not great, pop; and an awful OBP. Again, he blows.

This is what concerns me with Klentak. It's like he either seriously has no fucking clue what he's doing, or he's far too loyal to guys he shouldn't be and untrusting of rookies. I really don't think he's been all that much better than Ruben Amaro Jr., and that's saying something.

I know Joseph has like 5 more years of team control. Fuck him. Have him become a pinch-hitter, demote him, trade him for a 6th inning RP; I don't give a fuck at this point. But stop fucking starting him at 1st base over Hoskins.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys, we built this city on high OBP corner infielders.

Schmitty plays the mamba, listen to the radio, don't you remember
We built this city, we built this city on guys like Scott Rolen/Dick Allen/Jim Thome, not fucking bums like Tommy Joseph

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies up 9-1 tonight... Williams apparently had a bases-clearing RBI double. Quietly putting up a very good, albeit abbreviated, rookie campaign: .271/.332/.471 for a 108 wRC+.

With Crawford promoted and playing, Nicky Williams, Hoskins, and a healthy Altherr for next year, this lineup could be decent (not that I think J.P. Crawford is going to be a great hitter or anything).

Of course, Matt "Vanilla Ice Cream" Klentak will probably not promote Cozens until September next year, and may even keep playing Joseph over Rhys at 1B (wow, I hope not).

Matt, if you're reading this, I know that you've always lived your life one way and have followed textbook definitions for everything... but I think it's time you considered taking this guy's advice:

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got a guy who could be the future core of the Phillies, and then you have a fucking bum in Tommy Joseph. What do you do? Oh, you move the potential future core of the team to a brand new position to accommodate the bum. Of course.

In 498 PA this year, Joseph has slashed .241/.291/.432 for an 85 wRC+. He is 27th out of 28 qualified first baseman this year in wRC+, and dead last in WAR. The guy blows. His ceiling is what you saw last year- good, but not great, pop; and an awful OBP. Again, he blows.

This is what concerns me with Klentak. It's like he either seriously has no fucking clue what he's doing, or he's far too loyal to guys he shouldn't be and untrusting of rookies. I really don't think he's been all that much better than Ruben Amaro Jr., and that's saying something.

I know Joseph has like 5 more years of team control. Fuck him. Have him become a pinch-hitter, demote him, trade him for a 6th inning RP; I don't give a fuck at this point. But stop fucking starting him at 1st base over Hoskins.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, Lefty Hijacked my account again. Reply coming soon

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Joseph should be a part time DH/1B, PH for some American League team. Then again, maybe they are grooming Hoskins to be an outfielder in anticipation of 1st round pick Larry Greene to come out of retirement as a first baseman.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that so far Hoskins hasn't looked that bad in the outfield, although he is very slow. Also, playing Hoskins in the outfield so Joseph can stay at first is slightly less egregious than moving Cody Asche to the outfield so they could keep his "bat" in the lineup.....