• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Anyone Alive Out There: Ongoing Mets Thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any doubt that he was drinking that night he missed curfew, and then again golfing the next day?

Seems like a drinking issue, IMO. Or he just doesn't care anymore.

"Migraine" is a professional way to say "hungover" without implicating yourself, where I come from.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any doubt that he was drinking that night he missed curfew, and then again golfing the next day?

Seems like a drinking issue, IMO. Or he just doesn't care anymore.

"Migraine" is a professional way to say "hungover" without implicating yourself, where I come from.

This part really doesn't bother me at all. The idea of a grown man being punished for missing 'curfew' is pretty silly, imo.

However, I might give ya the "doesn't care anymore". Or maybe he just doesn't care presently...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This part really doesn't bother me at all. The idea of a grown man being punished for missing 'curfew' is pretty silly, imo.

However, I might give ya the "doesn't care anymore". Or maybe he just doesn't care presently...

Oh, I agree.

However, I only bring up "missing curfew" as a part of an equation that leads me to believe he was on a bender. Missed curfew at night, off to golf with friends the next day (where I tend to think he drank again)... and then talked about how he "didn't put himself in a good state to come to the ballpark."... No communication to team officials that he suddenly had a "migraine" either, lends me to believe he passed out, or overslept a nap trying to sleep it off. Then tried to play it off with the migraine excuse. In my 20's, I was quite familiar with this position. lol

Matt Harvey eats crow in public apology after drinking | Daily Mail Online

The New York Post reports Matt Harvey was out drinking until 4am Saturday morning

Just seems like he went off on a drinking bender, and either prioritized that over his pitching. Or... he is struggling with drinking right now. It's worth considering that it could have become a problem at some point and contributed to his deteriorating performance.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Wright had more back surgery....Ugghhh

It's gotta be getting real close to the end of the line for the captain.

A front office position or a coaching gig somewhere in the org will always be there.
Hopefully he's considering one of those options instead of playing again.

Mets' Wright undergoes back surgery in L.A.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor Central: Mets considering Brad Ausmus for managerial vacancy?

New York Mets general manager and Dartmouth graduate Sandy Alderson reportedly has his eyes on a fellow Big Green alumnus to fill the team's managerial vacancy.

According to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports, the Mets have reached out to former Detroit Tigers manager Brad Ausmus and the two sides have already had at least one conversation.

The Tigers chose not to renew Ausmus' contract following the season, ending a four-year tenure at the helm in Detroit that saw him compile a 314-332 record with one playoff appearance and two last-place finishes.

New York is in search of a manager to replace Terry Collins, who resigned after a 70-92 season. The Mets went 551-583 during his seven years on the job.

Heyman notes that the Mets are looking at a long list of candidates, including hitting coach Kevin Long, Los Angeles Dodgers bench coach Bob Geren, Houston Astros bench coach Alex Cora, Oakland Athletics third base coach Chip Hale and Cleveland Indians first base coach Sandy Alomar Jr.

Ausmus played 18 years as a catcher and is reportedly a candidate in the Philadelphia Phillies' managerial search as well.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets are going to buy the Syracuse Sky Chiefs and make them their AAA affiliate. I think that's a good move.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb: Makes sense.

New York Mets buying Triple-A Syracuse Chiefs

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- The New York Mets are buying the Triple-A Syracuse Chiefs as they work toward centering more of their minor league baseball operations in their home state.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo confirmed the deal Monday, calling it "a home run that ensures the Chiefs stay right where they belong while the next generation of `amazin' greats is fostered right here in central New York."

Cuomo is scheduled to appear in Syracuse on Tuesday at NBT Bank Stadium, the team's home, for a formal announcement. The Mets will make Syracuse their top minor league affiliate beginning in 2019.

New York's current Triple-A affiliate is in Las Vegas, and the distance has led to problems with quick call-ups after injuries and extra-inning games. The Mets had a Triple-A affiliate in Buffalo from 2009-12 before moving to Las Vegas.

The Post-Standard of Syracuse first reported the change in ownership.

The International League franchise has been community-owned since 1961 and has been affiliated with the Nationals for nine years. Washington's player-development contract with the Community Baseball Club of Central New York Inc. team was through the 2018 season.

The Mets also own the Binghamton Rumble Ponies of the Double-A Eastern League.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anymore news on deGrom?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MRIs looked good apparently and he's not supposed to miss any time.

boy were they quick as all hell to say he was going to be out 4-6 weeks and then just as quickly.. My bad

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3