• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is anybody around here familiar with Raspberry Pi?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loaded RetroPi onto mine and it all set up fine. Now after adding some ROMs for games when I start it up it gets stuck at this text screen. I've tried rebooting and typing emulationstation but it just remains stuck. I can find a lot of information about the Raspberry Pi but I cannot find anything that even references this screen.

Attachments

• rasppi.jpg
    rasppi.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 12

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try this fix. not sure if this will work as I have not tried Retropi yet but it appears to be a similar screen and issue. I hope this helps.

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl tonight. Worst comes to worst I guess I can start from scratch since the beginning steps are pretty easy.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got it up and running earlier with a few games on it and it is a pretty neat little device. My SNES USB controllers feel cheap but I can always upgrade those.

I kind of want to get another to set up something else. I just need to figure out what to do with it first.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got it up and running earlier with a few games on it and it is a pretty neat little device. My SNES USB controllers feel cheap but I can always upgrade those.

I kind of want to get another to set up something else. I just need to figure out what to do with it first.
So the fix worked or you went another route and reinstalled everything? justcurious, i might play around with making one a retrogame device myself.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the fix worked or you went another route and reinstalled everything? justcurious, i might play around with making one a retrogame device myself.
Formatting and reinstalling everything was so fast that it seemed like the most efficient way to do it. That took like 5 minutes. If you enjoy the old school games you definitely should.

The overall experience with it has been pretty positive so far. I may get another to create a media hub or a smart mirror soon.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the hardest thing so far is finding a N64 style controller where the joystick isn't garbage. I'm debating on whether I want to go with a PS3 controller for about $20 or an actual bluetooth Nintendo one like the Wii U Pro. The bad thing about going the Wii U Pro route is that just one of those practically doubles the cost of the entire thing.