• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Irresponsible rumor mill

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it this way: Dobson would have a hard time finding a decent job elsewhere at this point.

He is not responsible for Suh. He's just riding his coattails.

I'm actually not all that impressed with the nutritional plan either. For as cutting edge as they claim to be, they are about 10 years behind the times.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also riding Boyd Epley's coattails.

Epley is responsible for the Husker Power program that continues to be chanted at games. Is there really such a thing today?

From his Bio

Lindy’s magazine also recognized Epley as one of its Top 100 Most Important College Football Sports Figures of the Century. Epley was one of five Huskers on the top 100 list, joining Hall of Fame coaches Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne, Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Rodgers and two-time Outland Trophy winner Dave Rimington.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should get Branch Warren to be our new S&C Coach.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the S&C program voluntary or a mandatory requirement for all foosball players?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, it makes me happy to hear of these rumors of changes being made........question of course is, what will the changes be?

I agree with RA in that Dobson is not getting our guys up front in the condition they need to be in. This is something that I fear Bo cannot see, however, and I am concerned that he thinks it's strictly an issue of recruiting.

It's recruiting, but most of it is just not being physically where they need to be to play with the big boys. We must get stronger up front before we can even begin to worry about using proper technique. There is no technique that can help you once you've been blown 4 yards off the line of scrimmage..........except maybe curl up and pretend to be dead

Let's be thankful thank Dobson doesn't have them do belly flops to increase their strength and endurance. Remember Corey Raymond loved those!

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proper technique beats strength every time, everything else being equal anyway.
I was rarely the strongest on the field but made up for it by using technique.

HOWEVER, technique AND strength trumps all.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the S&C program voluntary or a mandatory requirement for all foosball players?

So Im still not quite sure. Hard to blame Dobson if the meat curtains aren't putting in the work required. I saw some pretty sad looking big bodies on fan day. If I had all the supplements, equipment, personal trainers, time, and food I could ask for, and still looked like that! wtf

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it is more of a "Voluntary" participation, with the understanding that if you don't "volunteer" you could lose your scholly. At least that is how it used to be. These days, who knows?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Im still not quite sure. Hard to blame Dobson if the meat curtains aren't putting in the work required. I saw some pretty sad looking big bodies on fan day. If I had all the supplements, equipment, personal trainers, time, and food I could ask for, and still looked like that! wtf

A strength coaches main responsibility is to find ways to motivate.

If you can't motivate as a strength coach then you need to go teach gym at your local HS.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If thats his main job then sure, but a man needs to act like one at some point without being sweet talked, it's kind of the reason they're there to begin with