• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iowa @ Wisconsin

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating a dead horse here but I just think you all need to re-visit that replay and tell me what Fran did to get the 2nd T. He's now been suspended for the next game so somebody somewhere must think he initiated contact....I guess I don't agree after looking at the replay a few times.

I had a birthday buzz going on during the game...I don't recall :suds:

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ref and Fran collided. That is clear. Do I feel that Fran collided that hard with the ref to make him flop like he did...no! Sure looks like both guys walked their line to this collision -- neither backing down or altering their path. One game is about right. I thought he might get two games off. I'm real curious to see if the league office reviewed the game tape and the calls that the officials made for the entire game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suspension was bs! I've watched it multiple times and the ref actually initiated contact with his forearm... Therefor the ref should be suspended, correct?

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,

That is why I want to know if the B1G League Office is reviewing the entire game footage to evaluate the calls made/not made and the impact that had on the outcome of the game. These refs should also be held accountable for their performance.

I too saw the ref walk into the collision point and raise his forearm!!! Looks like the classic bait-and-hook practice.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B10 head of refs should review every game as part of their normal routine to evaluate the state of officiating in the league and take steps to review the games in a monthly meeting with refs and/or their performances in a weekly one on one situation....but, while I expect this to happen and the rest of Hawkeye fans expect that to happen, the fact that the league handed down a 1 game suspension proves that this likely isn't happening. If the head of officials looked at this they should have released a statement just like the NFL or NBA does when it goes wrong and state whoops, wrong call, refs fault.

You are never going to see this happen, you don't get Mike Perreira to come in and give insight into college bball, they are too snobby to even consider it, the refs all around this year are absolutely poor...review the KU SDSU game from Sunday as well, even worse than Iowa's game and so KU biased.