• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Iowa week / Game Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Un-freakin-believable. They give up a 22-yard pass play and a 35-yard run for a score. Penn State is literally giving away this game.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cow that was nerve wracking. Iowa played us incredibly hard. That defense is crazy good.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a GAME!! WE get out of Iowa with the win to remain undefeated. Great win by McSorely and Johnson. We had 573 total yards and we scored when it really counted. Onward we go!!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a GAME!! WE get out of Iowa with the win to remain undefeated. Great win by McSorely and Johnson. We had 573 total yards and we scored when it really counted. Onward we go!!

I'm glad I came back to the game to see the last few plays on the Lions TD drive. Unbelievable catch by Johnson. An NFL quality play!

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little worried about our kicker.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game had no business being close. Penn State dominated, but quit feeding 26 near goal line. Defense was amazing. Win is a win, 4-0 and on to Indiana....my heart rate is finally back to normal this morning.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree linebackeru. That score should have never been that close with nearly 600 yards in total offense.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all already knew Barkley is amazing, and we've seen him make awesome plays before, including hurdling people. But...last night, he was beyond words. I honestly teared up when he kept making those clutch plays. Just completely ridiculous.

I saw all sorts of criticism yesterday (play calling, McSorely, we're overrated, etc.), but I find it to be pretty unfounded. I know there are some concerns going forward, and I'm curious to see how the offense looks in the upcoming weeks, but I am very impressed by this team. We've had special players in recent history; leaders when we needed them the most, the players that stayed, etc. But this TEAM mentality, the grit, the way they leave it all on the field, facing adversity...its on another level. Even our better teams in the late 2000s did not have these qualities as a team as a whole. Those intangibles will be the difference this season, the way I see it right now.

Coming into this season, my biggest question was whether or not the magic of last season was that we were always playing as underdogs and feeling like we have something to prove. Would the players still have that chip on their shoulder coming into the season highly ranked and in the playoff conversation? Pretty sure we got our answer last night.

We are

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id din't have much problem with play calling outside of when we were inside the 5. McSorely played well, in spite of our right tackle being a turnstile until he was yanked. Kid just has it, team never feels out of game with him behind center. You will have games like this if you need to find a way to win, survive and advance and we did.

Feel for Nelson, but he looks bad roll with Fries or Wright

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was definitely proud of my Alumnus in their grit as Bonham has already eloquently stated. It gave me memories of sooo many championship level Penn State teams over the years who performed at that level. It is good to see PSU back on that whole other level that Bonham, again, eloquently mentioned. Excellent indeed!

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game never should have been close. Gotta score more than FGs playing the entire game on the Iowa side of the field.

Oh well, its still a W.

Was a little scary seeing Barkley slide down and come up lame, but glad he was able to stretch it out and come back in.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id din't have much problem with play calling outside of when we were inside the 5. McSorely played well, in spite of our right tackle being a turnstile until he was yanked. Kid just has it, team never feels out of game with him behind center. You will have games like this if you need to find a way to win, survive and advance and we did.

Feel for Nelson, but he looks bad roll with Fries or Wright

I gotta disagree with you about McSorley. Outside of the final drive he struggled. I counted 6 bad throws to open receivers in the first half alone. 2, maybe 3, of those could've been TDs. He's gonna have to clean that up because the Indiana fake could be a shootout.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta disagree with you about McSorley. Outside of the final drive he struggled. I counted 6 bad throws to open receivers in the first half alone. 2, maybe 3, of those could've been TDs. He's gonna have to clean that up because the Indiana fake could be a shootout.

He missed Blacknall on the bomb that was a TD and had Gesecki for one (the INT at end of half), but his RT whiffed and got him hit as he threw. He played within himself, took what D gave him, made good decisions on the RPO....biggest issue was the blocked passes by the tall DL.