• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iowa State is Next...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a bye week. Time for the boys to reflect on their poor effort against KU, and time for them to heal.

The Iowa State game is meaningless. Only pride is on the line.

Likely to be a small crowd as the students will be on Thanksgiving break, it may be cold and the bandwagon fans have clearly jumped.

Only the diehard fans will be there to support the boys wearing the old gold and blue. It has been a disappointing season, but it will be senior day... and I hope they go out a winner playing before what crowd does show up to pay them their respect. The 10 seniors deserve more from the fanbase than what they'll get... but, hello... it is WVU we're talking about.

Home of the fair weather fan...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one man will destroy this program, I am starting to think most of our fans have been on the show "doomsday preppers"!

Teams, programs,players, coaches turn these things around in seasons time i.e. Auburn, Baylor, Minnesota and so on...if Dana turns out to be the wrong guy then the next guy will come in and so on....we have been on lower times than this.

Horrible horrible loss for sure, team had no fight at all...all three teams really played poorly....everytime we had something good happen we would shoot ourselves in the foot. Not sure why we can never instill our will on opposing teams like they do to us, we haven't been able to do that in a while.

I am sure we will all give our season final opinion(some have had the same one for three years) of the season in a couple of weeks....sure has been a hard season for sure.

I will be there for the last game, anyone going to join me? Driving up the morning of for the game.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My family's traditional thanksgiving meal is on Saturday. It usually worked out with the Pitt games being on Thursday or Friday but not this year. If they set the kickoff at 10:00 a.m., Ill be there, otherwise, I'll try to find someone who will fill my seats.

The good news is that when I do not show up, the Mounties do...I missed the OK St game.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My family's traditional thanksgiving meal is on Saturday. It usually worked out with the Pitt games being on Thursday or Friday but not this year. If they set the kickoff at 10:00 a.m., Ill be there, otherwise, I'll try to find someone who will fill my seats.

The good news is that when I do not show up, the Mounties do...I missed the OK St game.

I made the okie St game and then we lose to Texas and Texas Tech when I could not make it...I wish it was this easy!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is a 3 pm kickoff, just when I needed a 12 pm kickoff lol

Well it will be nice to take in another game at WVU, say goodbye to the seniors and give the team one last cheer before the turn to offseason prep. Maybe the break will be good for the fans and the players. Give them time to mature reflect on the season and my fav reason we are missing a bowl is it won't cost us any money to line the DB's pockets who sponser this thing.

I think one more year we will start seeing improvement out of the coaches and players...DH has brought in some good guys who care about this team and its fans(fans don't feel the same, why should they with all those championsips their fav coaches brought WVU). I think you will start to see more leaders evolve, and most importantly I hope to see QB1 run this team, not sure who that is but I hope they find one. We redshirted some guys this year that will be playmakers from day one and some saw action this year.

You can only go one way from Rock Bottom.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-8, 5-7, WTF. What little confidence I had in Holgorsen is gone. He lost the team after the Texas game last year and has not won it back. WVU can not afford to fire him, with the ill thought out extension Luck gave him. I just do not see him winning, and with the ridiculously high buyout he will be here two more years at least. I think Luck will force some staff changes after this year, the chemistry is not there at all.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been to a game in years, but I think I'll head home for this one. Just because I get pissed off doesn't mean I don't support the team. Let's go!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been to a game in years, but I think I'll head home for this one. Just because I get pissed off doesn't mean I don't support the team. Let's go!

Hell yeah! :suds:

I just wish they would have stuck us with the 12 kickoff, that is a long drive at night lol

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the drive as long as there is no precipitation. These aging eyes don't handle glare from wet roads very well.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the drive as long as there is no precipitation. These aging eyes don't handle glare from wet roads very well.

My eyes are fine as long as they are open.....usually takes me a solid 4 hours door to door. It will be good though, my wife has not been to a night game since Pat Whites last game.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU can not afford to fire him, with the ridiculously high buyout he will be here two more years at least. I think Luck will force some staff changes after this year, the chemistry is not there at all.

I actually hope he leaves them all be other than Deforest and his big contract. We are paying for an intern HC that's learning on the job and that REALLY pisses me off but maybe some chemistry develops if we leave it alone and imo it will help recruiting if there is stability albeit we may not see it pay off until A: We can afford to fire Dana or B: He gets a team loaded with seniors. The decision to sign long term is on Luck and he thinks its the best idea, so far I cant find a reason to honestly call him a dumb guy so... Maybe it works in the end?:hope:

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually hope he leaves them all be other than Deforest and his big contract. We are paying for an intern HC that's learning on the job and that REALLY pisses me off but maybe some chemistry develops if we leave it alone and imo it will help recruiting if there is stability albeit we may not see it pay off until A: We can afford to fire Dana or B: He gets a team loaded with seniors. The decision to sign long term is on Luck and he thinks its the best idea, so far I cant find a reason to honestly call him a dumb guy so... Maybe it works in the end?:hope:

I honestly believe that with what we went through to get out of the Big Least, and the total of our investment in joining the Big 12, the value of the buyout is small potatoes, the loss of revenue would be greater over the next two years as the wishy washy fans find other more pleasant things to do but go sit through humilation. West Virginia has always had a core of diehard fans, who bought season tickets even when we kinda stunk up the place, but we were never ever in a conference of such stature and the beatdown from better schools would become as much fun as swimming in a pool during a lightning storm. The old guard fans are dying off(like me). We contribute still, and some of through our Wills, will leave minor endowments for the athletic department, but as the losses mount, the attendance will drop, and so will revenue. I wish I could find it now, but I read an article some time ago that detail what it costs to operate the stadium for day games and night games, and any game without ticket sales of at least 71% means WVU lost money, so we cannot afford to much more losing in the manner for which we have witnessed in the last 18 games coached by Dana Holgerson.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing Dana will cost us more....play it out till next year. If you don't like it quit giving, if you still support show up, if you would rather be doing something else do it. I for one will be just as excited for the first game next year just like any other.

New coach now would be a major set back. IMO

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ever there was a time that a program needed a player to step up and have a BIG day and get a win for our program its this final game. That player is Ford Childress, if he can play in this game (from what I gather he may be able to) and have just one of those great days and end this year on that type of high note I think would do wonders for our momentum. Players, fans and coaches alike.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are going to laugh, but i was more worried about this game than i was the Kansas game...iowa St has a bad record and has been blown out, but the team plays hard IMO....if we have the same energy as we did last week...well we all know what will happen.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are going to laugh, but i was more worried about this game than i was the Kansas game...iowa St has a bad record and has been blown out, but the team plays hard IMO....if we have the same energy as we did last week...well we all know what will happen.

Why laugh?

It is like Dana stated at his presser yesterday, he let the Texas loss lead to the KU loss. He failed to get the team prepared for KU.

Earlier in the season, he mentioned the resiliency of the kids on the team and how well they bounced back from some disappointing and even embarrassing losses. But, the Texas game had to leave a scar.

Now that the team is depleted by injury and their psyche is wounded, I don't think it is a stretch to think the ISU game is gonna be tough to win.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why laugh?

It is like Dana stated at his presser yesterday, he let the Texas loss lead to the KU loss. He failed to get the team prepared for KU.

Earlier in the season, he mentioned the resiliency of the kids on the team and how well they bounced back from some disappointing and even embarrassing losses. But, the Texas game had to leave a scar.

Now that the team is depleted by injury and their psyche is wounded, I don't think it is a stretch to think the ISU game is gonna be tough to win.

I hope they come out with some Senior Day pride.

iowa St like us has had some blowouts, some tough L's and one stolen from them.

I do not even want to think about us losing this game.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the team has any chemistry and the seniors have the respect of the underclassmen, then I would think the team comes out fired up and ready to send the senior class out as winners.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the team has any chemistry and the seniors have the respect of the underclassmen, then I would think the team comes out fired up and ready to send the senior class out as winners.

I hope you are right!