• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iowa @ Nebraska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wins and what is the score? I'm taking Iowa 27-20. Nebraska's strength is running the ball and Iowa can stop the run as well as any team in the country. I think this causes Nebraska to throw the ball more than they like to and creates turnovers in the Hawkeye's favor. What is your prediction?

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part, Iowa has looked pretty solid on the road this season. Iowa really shut down Iowa St - even accounting for the special teams issues in that game. Iowa shut down Minnesota (who I think isn't a very good team given their record) and the score of that game doesn't indicate Iowa's dominance. Iowa started fast against Ohio St, but crumbled in the second half of that game. At Purdue...it's Purdue. That leaves at Nebraska.

I think we all agree that we would like to see Iowa play four strong quarters of football against a good team this year. And I also think we agree that we've not seen Iowa play a complete game yet this season. If we did, that was probably against Western Michigan a very bad team.

Both teams seem to be impersonating dominant football programs at times this season. Which dominant team shows up Friday? A low scoring game favors Nebraska. A high scoring game favors Iowa. This is a game that Iowa should win. But my gut tells me that a special teams disaster is looming for Iowa.

Nebraska 12...Iowa 10.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, the forcast is saying weather won't factor into this game. Mid 40's and light wind.

Iowa's going to get the run game cranked up early and with Rudock's ability to throw and work play action, we won't have much problem moving the ball against the Corn. I'd prefer not looking for the deep pass-just play within the "system" and look for the TE.

From what I've seen this year Neb can run it well, but besides a few prayer throws, they haven't beaten any quality teams in the passing game. If we can limit Abdulla to about 100 yds give or take and our LBs keep whoever is under center from making us look silly, then we win this game.

My score is Iowa 26 Cornhuskers 16

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Iowa breaks through, could be wrong, I hate putting up any type of score or such but here goes, Iowa 17 Nebraska 13

Outback Bowl here we come...

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet my buddy $20 back in August that we would go 8-4 with the 8th win coming against Nebraska. I'm still thinking we get it.

Iowa - 24
Nebraska - 17

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa should be able to pound the ball and run play action to perfection. Nebraska has an average defense at best.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa wins and Nebraska loses. Plain and simple.

Hoops, you are in a pipe dream. Iowa wins the low scoring affair, if it goes into the 30's, Nebraska will likely win. If the defenses aren't stopping anyone, I would favor Nebraska, if the defenses show up, I like Iowa's chances.

There is always that Luck of the Irish thing. Nebraska wins on a prayer hail mary, and again steals one from Michigan. Have they used up their luck??

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gengljer,

My gut says an Iowa special teams blunder costs the team. I hope I'm wrong, but........of late, we can flip a coin on how effective Iowa's special teams are.

Iowa should win this game!!! If Iowa plays a full game, then this could be a blowout!!! And special teams wouldn't be a concern. That could happen Friday!

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to pop in a wish you folks a Happy Thanksgiving, and hopes of a safe, fun and exciting game tomorrow. That Nebraska wins in convincing fashion....

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska may not get the ball past mid-field today....

We are looking at an Iowa blowout!!!!

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sound game by the Hawkeyes today. Congrats to KF, his staff, and his players. The regular season was very successful! With a few breaks and bounces, Iowa was that close to an even better season!!! Maybe the Outback Bowl???

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win today!!! Can't wait to see where we go for the bowl season!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa sewed up 4th place in the B10 no matter what happens the rest of the weekend.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska actually had better stats than us for the game, but not where it counted, turnovers, score, and hits to the QB other than the accidental rollup on Jake. They had a lot of "injuries" as well, Abdullah went down more than a $2 whore but oddly enough he just kept playing, clock stopped every time...seemed like Nebraska ended up with 30 injury timeouts, but it still didn't help.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noticed that too, Hawkeye. Abdullah went down writhing in pain at least 3 or 4 times that I remember yet, amazingly, was back in the game a play or two later. I fully expect the NCAA (and NFL, for that matter) to implement new rules next year to stop nonsense like this. If you go down with an injury, you shouldn't be able to return until a change in possession. Of course, then we might start seeing football's version of NHL goons who'd come in for no other reason than to stop the clock. I'm just glad it worked out against Nebraska and that idiot of theirs trolling the sideline.