• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Iowa @ Nebraska -- The Final Chapter

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm too nice a guy myself. I think the guy really thought he could do well here. It's way better than fucking Pelini blaming everyone else for him not getting the job done. To be completely honest, Riley was given an unfair short time period to compete. It's obvious at this point not going to work. I'd rather have a guy that tried his best and couldn't get the job done than a dick that thought 9 wins was good enough and us fans were asshats for expecting more. Let's hope the next guy will love Nebraska, have the values of Nebraska and hard work ethic, and make us play win or lose with ferocity, and always play every down like it's the last play of your life. It won't be, but if your lifes motto is to do the best you can possibly do in every endeavor, you will always be on the plus side of life.

I 100% agree that Riley had an unfair short time to get the job done. Hell he never even really had a chance. Earlier in the year I was for giving him one more year to continue putting in his offense and new 3-4 scheme. But this team and players have regressed. And that is unacceptable. 19-19 in 3 years at this University is hot garbage

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fear is that when this staff goes and if Keith Williams goes, receivers follow him.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Sean Callahan: Since Eichorst fired Pelini and used Iowa as the measuring stick, Iowa is 3-0 against NU and outscored Nebraska 124-44.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just happy this season didn't drag out and we lose our last 4 games and miss a bowl game.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% agree that Riley had an unfair short time to get the job done. Hell he never even really had a chance. Earlier in the year I was for giving him one more year to continue putting in his offense and new 3-4 scheme. But this team and players have regressed. And that is unacceptable. 19-19 in 3 years at this University is hot garbage

No he had a fair shot. Riley should have stepped up. He should have went out and got JC QB that could have run his system from year one he didn't, he went after Highschool kids and they all said no. If he wanted the to run the 3-4 he should have hired a 3-4 DC from the get go. If Riley had a backbone of any kind he would have had the balls to tell Ginger stay the fuck out of my football program. So Riley had a fair shot.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he had a fair shot. Riley should have stepped up. He should have went out and got JC QB that could have run his system from year one he didn't, he went after Highschool kids and they all said no. If he wanted the to run the 3-4 he should have hired a 3-4 DC from the get go. If Riley had a backbone of any kind he would have had the balls to tell Ginger stay the fuck out of my football program. So Riley had a fair shot.
I always though not bringing in a QB right away was a huge mistake. The warning signs with Riley showed immediately with the Revolt players the first year, and then the second also because he couldn’t take his balls out of his wife’s purse

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to dislike your post but I dislike what your post represents. Bad, bad, fucking bad program management. Instead of building a program we're paying for bad freaking decisions. Stop making bd decisions and start paying for good decisions.
It is a damn shame the University couldn't legally recoup all the piles of money spent because of the gross incompetence in the athletic department including bad decisions made by a-hole Perlman.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm too nice a guy myself. I think the guy really thought he could do well here. It's way better than fucking Pelini blaming everyone else for him not getting the job done. To be completely honest, Riley was given an unfair short time period to compete. It's obvious at this point not going to work. I'd rather have a guy that tried his best and couldn't get the job done than a dick that thought 9 wins was good enough and us fans were asshats for expecting more. Let's hope the next guy will love Nebraska, have the values of Nebraska and hard work ethic, and make us play win or lose with ferocity, and always play every down like it's the last play of your life. It won't be, but if your lifes motto is to do the best you can possibly do in every endeavor, you will always be on the plus side of life.
Bring back Riley next year and the seats are empty. Bring in Frost, raise the price of seats if they have to and the tickets will be the hardest thing to get for years because of the excitement surrounding him as HC. Frost fills the stadium in Lincoln, not so much so in Florida.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After Iowa drove 99 yards to score in the first quarter, I went to take a nap. I woke up and checked the score with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, and saw an 42-14 score. I immediately went back to sleep for a couple more hours. I had been up all night.

Diaco is worse than Banker, Cosgrove, or poopchute was.

"and saw a 42-14 score." An "a" instead of "an"! lol