• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Introduce Yourself

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ElJ was only here for about a month or so. I think he ended up going to MLB. Filo orchestrated the migration, but he moved on for personal reasons a few years back. Colin still posts on occasion, but isn't really a reg anymore. Heath doesn't post anymore due to real life getting busy. GP moved on a couple years ago, but has peaked his head in a couple times just to say hey. I know I am forgetting a few. But we have picked up a couple as well.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back! I am assuming this is Laguna Hills Giant?

Lots of members have jumped ship over the years, but this run has been special with the Giants.

Not sure what happened to filo, though our dues still go to him.

CameronFrye has kids, and has little time to post.

I keep wondering where BruteSentiment went, he had some great insights.

Glad to have you back.

Where in Central California did you grow up? We moved to Modesto in 2012 from South Pasadena. I like the closeness to the Bay Area, the cost of living is cheaper than in South Pas, but we miss SoCal sometimes. Except when they close the 210.

Stokes, that is correct. I thought I'd shorten my name here since most referred to me as LHG back then.

Sorry, I'm a little confused on the dues part. Inside joke I missed? Too bad he's not around any more, I enjoyed his posts.

I vaguely remember Cameron but don't remember him posting often at Disney.

Don't remember BruteSentiment at all. Did he go by another name over there?

I think I remember us talking before when you were in South Pasadena. I grew up in Fresno but would catch a lot of games in Modesto back when they were the A's. Watching guys like Giambi, Tejada and others go through that team warmed me up to rooting for Oakland. The cost of living is much cheaper up there (even cheaper in Fresno, my dad worked in Modesto as a fire fighter for 20 years and our family looked at moving up there but the housing marked was a bit more than what my parents wanted to spend) and that is something I miss, living in Orange County.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ElJ was only here for about a month or so. I think he ended up going to MLB. Filo orchestrated the migration, but he moved on for personal reasons a few years back. Colin still posts on occasion, but isn't really a reg anymore. Heath doesn't post anymore due to real life getting busy. GP moved on a couple years ago, but has peaked his head in a couple times just to say hey. I know I am forgetting a few. But we have picked up a couple as well.

I remember those guys. Life does get busy. I know, I remember having to duck out from the Disney boards for a couple of years for that reason. I'll probably be sporadic in my posting, depending on what's going on with life.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this thread and felt I should post here if at least one time. Been a fan of the Giants since I was a kid. When I first came on this site I never really gave this forum much attention. That will change, I think. Hoping they beat the Rangers tonight.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this thread and felt I should post here if at least one time. Been a fan of the Giants since I was a kid. When I first came on this site I never really gave this forum much attention. That will change, I think. Hoping they beat the Rangers tonight.
I have personally invited you a couple times. Nice to see you here.

:suds:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have personally invited you a couple times. Nice to see you here.

:suds:

Welcome, darken65!

Thanks.I know Cals, took me a while. For those who don't know me I am that bastard that moderates the 49ers forum. Same guy who just got a happy face when the Giants pushed ahead in this game tonight! :yes:

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.I know Cals, took me a while. For those who don't know me I am that bastard that moderates the 49ers forum. Same guy who just got a happy face when the Giants pushed ahead in this game tonight! :yes:

I lurk on the 49ers board, and am a mod here. I am always amazed at how fast and furious the posting is during Niner games. I can hardly keep up.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lurk on the 49ers board, and am a mod here. I am always amazed at how fast and furious the posting is during Niner games. I can hardly keep up.
I do think it will be an epic season for the 9ers. Saving up my energy!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not being a hater, but really? I thought the consensus was they were going to have some issues this year...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by "issues" you mean "garbage fire," then....yup.

I was thinking 6-10. I'm not a 9ers fan but I'm happy when they do well.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More confidence than I. But I'll admit, football (well, NFL) is lower on my sports I.Q., so I never really know what to make of their moves.

Doesn't take a genius to see what a shit show it was last year though.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking 6-10. I'm not a 9ers fan but I'm happy when they do well.

I used to be a niners fan. Was there in Pontiac in Jan 1982 when we won the first one, and at Stanford when we beat Marino.

I just hate the NFL and everything it stands for now though. It feels like cheering the Hunger Games.

"Ruin your body for my amusement, young black man! Hit harder!"

Can't in good conscience continue to follow the sport...it's kinda evil.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to be a niners fan. Was there in Pontiac in Jan 1982 when we won the first one, and at Stanford when we beat Marino.

I just hate the NFL and everything it stands for now though. It feels like cheering the Hunger Games.

"Ruin your body for my amusement, young black man! Hit harder!"

Can't in good conscience continue to follow the sport...it's kinda evil.

I actually kinda feel that way too. Definitely not high on my radar but it seeps in. So why do you think they will suck so bad this year?

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen, its been awhile since I've posted with some of you at the "Disney" boards. I have to admit, I've been following you for a couple of months and thought, if I have time to read, I have time to post.

To those of you who may not know me, I live in So Cal, attended game 6 of the 2002 World Series, and have immensely enjoyed the past 5 years (still trying to figure out if this has been real!). I grew up in central California and have been rooting for the Giants since 1990. I had no interest in baseball before then but have loved it every since then.

AHA! So it's YOUR fault! (JK). Welcome!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually kinda feel that way too. Definitely not high on my radar but it seeps in. So why do you think they will suck so bad this year?

Two words: Jed York.

I loathe that guy.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AHA! So it's YOUR fault! (JK). Welcome!
I take no responsibilities for losses, only for wins. I got to the game in the 6th inning and thought "Am I really going to see the Giants win the World Series?" I was sitting down the right field line so I got to see Spiezio's home run very well. My heart sank on that hit. I knew then that the game wasn't going to end well. 2010, 2012 and 2014 have helped lessen that experience.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, it is official. LHG is here to stay. He set a new avy pic!

What is sicker, though? That you picked the assistant pitching coach as your avy, or that I recognized who it was?

And @dredinis21, dude. Your avy freaks me the eff out. Did you lose a bet or something?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, it is official. LHG is here to stay. He set a new avy pic!

What is sicker, though? That you picked the assistant pitching coach as your avy, or that I recognized who it was?

And @dredinis21, dude. Your avy freaks me the eff out. Did you lose a bet or something?
I wanted to pick an avy when I created my account but was not allowed to. I've probably told you guys before, but Gardner is probably my favorite Giant of all time. Met him as a young teen in Fresno (we went to some of the same schools, although over 10 years apart). I can remember going to every public appearance he made in the early 90s, when he was with Montreal, and have probably at least a dozen autographed baseball cards. The dude was always nice to me and talked baseball a bit. What I was most shocked by was that he remembered my name. He seemed like such a class guy. I was really sad when I had heard his wife passed away a few years ago.