• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Thought

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would we rather have Long or Harrison?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, Long did not have any real impact on the defense. He never started and was used primarily on passing downs to pressure from the edge. Long has never been a solid run stopper, but he is an excellent edge closer.

Me? I'll take Harrison.... much more talented, much higher skill level. He not only closes the door......he jams the bolt and locks it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, Long did not have any real impact on the defense. He never started and was used primarily on passing downs to pressure from the edge. Long has never been a solid run stopper, but he is an excellent edge closer.

Me? I'll take Harrison.... much more talented, much higher skill level. He not only closes the door......he jams the bolt and locks it.

The blatant hold in last years SB was surely going to be Long's career defining sack.
Either way, like the way it turned out.

On a per game basis it seems Harrison has produced more than Long last year, but we have only had James Harrison contribute after essentially resting all year. He went to practices all year to stay in shape but did not suffer the season long abuse of paying all game every game.
Where he would be production wise if he had been playing 50 snaps per game all season then waived, anybody's guess.

I liked the Long signing last year and glad he got a ring before retiring (hopefully not another this year) but I love the Harrison pick up. Really want to send him packing with New England ring to display on his middle finger for Mike Tomlin.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Yankee Traveler, post:
I liked the Long signing last year and glad he got a ring before retiring (hopefully not another this year) but I love the Harrison pick up. Really want to send him packing with New England ring to display on his middle finger for Mike Tomlin.[/QUOTE]
THIS!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where he would be production wise if he had been playing 50 snaps per game all season then waived, anybody's guess.

He'd be home watching the Super Bowl and not playing in it. He'd still be a Steeler.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long or Harrison...damn...

Long was not asked to do in NE what he is doing in Philly and both player and coach admitted that. Long got that huge holding call in the SB, but didn't play many snaps before that.

Harrison has been out there a ton and had a huge strip sack on Bottles when it was needed.

I think we should be happy that we had both a different times...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long or Harrison...damn...

Long was not asked to do in NE what he is doing in Philly and both player and coach admitted that. Long got that huge holding call in the SB, but didn't play many snaps before that.

Harrison has been out there a ton and had a huge strip sack on Bottles when it was needed.

I think we should be happy that we had both a different times...
The strip sack was a joint effort with Van Noy with Van Noy causing the strip... but clearly I'm splitting hairs on the intent here because Harrison has been bringing it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to wait a week. Knew it was coming, just had to wait for one Hater to start. "The Patriots Dynasty is officially over." This has been going on since 2007 when the Pats lost their first Super Bowl to the Giants. Then again when the Giants stopped the 'Undefeated Season". Then when the Broncos beat them the year after the Super Bowl win against the Seahawks.

What I find interesting is that after the Patriots won Super Bowl 49 and Super Bowl 51 no one was saying that the dynasty was over because they knew that the dynasty was going to be rolling along for at least one more year.

One play changed Super Bowl LII.....the Brady fumble. The Patriots offense had become unstoppable and that one play allowed the Eagles the opportunity to eat up a big chunk of time and coulkd have been their undoing if the last pass had been complete..................The Eagles were good, no question, but there was a tremendous amount of luck that allowed them to escape with the win, just like it would have taken a tremendous amount of luck for the final Hail Mary to have worked.

I can't wait for 12 or 13 haters to come in here and tell me how full of shit I am. Just like I can't wait until February 2019 when the Patriots grab Ring #6 to see how many "Dead Dynasty" prognosticators return.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H This has been going on since 2007 when the Pats lost their first Super Bowl to the Giants. Then again when the Giants stopped the 'Undefeated Season".
That was the same season.