• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting perspective from a BIGTIME 2016 recruit

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was able to have a lengthy chat with a potential 2016 recruit at the tailgate I atteneded. Kid was a real pleasure to chat with and his family was great as well....very polite kid, he was raised right. Anyhow, he loved PSU and we are in the top 2, possibly on top )this was before kickoff).

Getting to the main point of this, for all the ledge jumpers who think the on field results have any affect on these kids, he told me that Franklin has been completely up front, hasn't sugar coated anything and told them flat out where we are hrting and how we may struggle. Kid says he and the otehr recruits (pretty much all of them) understand this and see where we are going with JFF. Said several times to me I REALLY like coach Franklin. His dad said even if he doesn't come here, he has no doubt PSU will be in title contention (national, not conference) in 3-4 years with JFF. Said he told his buddy who brought them to game the same thing the day we hired coach.

So, here's the gist, don't worry about recruits fretting a loss and bolting as a result, they are in for reasons well beyond our on field product THIS season.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was able to have a lengthy chat with a potential 2016 recruit at the tailgate I atteneded. Kid was a real pleasure to chat with and his family was great as well....very polite kid, he was raised right. Anyhow, he loved PSU and we are in the top 2, possibly on top )this was before kickoff).

Getting to the main point of this, for all the ledge jumpers who think the on field results have any affect on these kids, he told me that Franklin has been completely up front, hasn't sugar coated anything and told them flat out where we are hrting and how we may struggle. Kid says he and the otehr recruits (pretty much all of them) understand this and see where we are going with JFF. Said several times to me I REALLY like coach Franklin. His dad said even if he doesn't come here, he has no doubt PSU will be in title contention (national, not conference) in 3-4 years with JFF. Said he told his buddy who brought them to game the same thing the day we hired coach.

So, here's the gist, don't worry about recruits fretting a loss and bolting as a result, they are in for reasons well beyond our on field product THIS season.

May I ask what position he plays?

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is good to hear.