• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injuries Can't be an excuse anymore

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is constructed of many injury prone players. We just need to accept that. Just because we're so beat up this year and last year doesn't mean they will be healthy next year. In fact, the same players will probably be injured next year. We need to face facts. Our team is made of glass. Injuries will be a big part of every treat until we start replacing players like Long, White, Sitton, Freeman, and there's several others. It sucks, because these players are pretty good to very good at their position, but they can't be relied upon to contribute significantly because they will be out more often than not. This team is a lot further from contending than I previously thought because of this.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaningless. The goal for this year is Trubisky's development. Hopefully we get a high draft pick and let Pace do his thing. Next year we will be ready to go.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you put a bullet in your head, nothing but air would leak out.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to blame preparation, but we had a slew of injuries when Trestman switched up the conditioning guys to get faster. These pectoral injuries and arm injuries just seem like a problem with upper body work.

As far as the knees are going, have you seen the current custom cleats some guys are wearing? Not just a post but a hook on the bottom. Traction yes, stick when your body is going the other direction, yes too.

Just the idiot again noticing something that might be a major concern, but who is going to give up a 6 figure shoe deal and say no?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me the injury list has been a long one for like the last 5-6-7 years now.........Nothing new.

I rarely ever check the injury status of other teams,so I`m not sure where we stack up vs the other teams.

But I`m betting all teams seem to have the injury bug..........Players are getting bigger and stronger every year......it happens.

And as far as White.......Ya,he`s done in my book.........Sad he never got a chance to stay healthy.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaningless. The goal for this year is Trubisky's development. Hopefully we get a high draft pick and let Pace do his thing. Next year we will be ready to go.
I agree. But these same players will probably get injured next year. We're only 4 weeks into this season and more players will get injured. I have a question, How long before we start giving Howard a rest. The guy is clearly injured. We will need him more next year when we are closer to the playoffs.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But these same players will probably get injured next year. We're only 4 weeks into this season and more players will get injured. I have a question, How long before we start giving Howard a rest. The guy is clearly injured. We will need him more next year when we are closer to the playoffs.

I don't believe this myth that we are doing something different that makes our guys get hurt more frequently. This is just all coincidental. This is not a big deal.