• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Indians Won't Sign Jimenez To Long-Term Deal

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ubaldo-jimenezjpg-6ea5c378913cbb89.jpg

The Cleveland Indians will pick up their $8 million option on Ubaldo Jimenez for next season, but he and his agents will decline it.
With Jimenez turning down the option, the Indians will save $1 million, which is his buyout price.
"There is no chance that the Indians offer Jimenez a multi-year deal. All thoughts of that were washed away when the Giants signed Tim Lincecum earlier this week to a two-year, $35 million deal. Jimenez and Lincecum, each 29, would have entered this winter's free agent class together if the Giants didn't sign their veteran right-hander," writes Paul Hoynes.
It remains to be seen if Cleveland will extend Jimenez the one-year, $14 million qualifying offer.

Interesting, but I wouldn't committ to long-term either.

jake_rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like more than a mere coincidence that Ubaldo picked up his game in a contract year. I'm glad he did, but would certainly not go for a multi year deal either. We don't have to worry about that though.
They need to do something with Asdrubal Cabrera. Apparently, no other team wanted him last year, and his stock has not gone up since then. In the games I watched last season, he often looked lost at the plate, waving at pitches; and he didn't make up for it on defense.