• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Independence Bowl vs. Tulsa - Dec. 26 @ 5:45 est on ESPN

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full circle. While I think the Belk Bowl would have been a great send off with huge fan support against an SEC team, I can see the storylines with the Independence. Hopefully send CFB out with another bowl win and another winning season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I wasn't the happiest because I was selfish wanting the Belk Bowl where I'd be able to attend. Like you said though it comes full circle and I think it gives some others a chance to see Beamer's last game. Hopefully we can pull it together and get one last win for the whole staff!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deon Clarke (and Kevin Asante and Demetri Knowles) got themselves sent home. The two WRs don't matter much since they never played but losing Clarke might be an issue

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sent Beamer out a winner but damn if it weren't a hell of a lot closer than it should have been. We played not to lose on offense in the 2nd half instead of keeping things rolling and it almost cost us. And the biggest letdown was Foster yet again struggling mightily against a spread team as has been the case for several years now (minus a game or two). He just needs to scrap what he's doing and think up something else. You can't keep surrendering so much yardage. It's like he thinks spread teams beat you with 50 yard through the air passes so he does everything to stop that in the secondary but he ends up vacating 20 yards wide open in the middle of the field. Maybe going against Fuente in practice will help him out a bunch.

But more importantly, we won. Even got one last look at Beamerball with a punt return TD.

Oh, and Isiah Ford is a MONSTER. How huge are his numbers gonna be next year? He's gonna be a 1st round pick

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad for the win in Beamer's last game, but another nail bitter that I hope Foster eventually figures out.

Congrats CFB on a wonderful career! Here's to Fuente in stepping into some big shoes, but with a lot of excitement from the fan base on the future :suds:

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That almost felt like Bud was trying to ruin Beamer's last hurrah... I mean, I know he wasn't, but that had to be the worst defense we've ever played. Ever. Full stop. It reminded me of the Insight.com Bowl loss to Cali that was the perfect shit stamp on a horrible disappointing season (arguably the most talented team at Tech, finished 8-5 with a bowl loss... also our last loss to UVA).

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That almost felt like Bud was trying to ruin Beamer's last hurrah... I mean, I know he wasn't, but that had to be the worst defense we've ever played. Ever. Full stop. It reminded me of the Insight.com Bowl loss to Cali that was the perfect shit stamp on a horrible disappointing season (arguably the most talented team at Tech, finished 8-5 with a bowl loss... also our last loss to UVA).

Ugh. I had buried that deep in mind until now. LOL

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exciting game. Shouldn't have been that close but glad we got the W.

I thought the D played pretty well with exception to the first 10 mins where Bud seemed to adjust after a slow start and until the last 10 minutes or so when the wheels kinda came off.
LB play has been very poor all year and I think that group single handily lost us a game or two this year.

The secondary is young and talented, the DL will be bringing back some big guys that can play. Really hoping that Lydon and Tr. Edmunds can step up.