• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In reference to MRI's disrespect...

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That second job my wife got in a wreck on I80. Car came across the median and hit her head on. Airlifted her and my daughter to University and sent my two sons to Childrens.
GOt a call from the paramedic when they got to University and said your wife has been in a wreck. She is at University now with your daughter and the took your sons to Children's. You should come here quick.
I asked if they were alright and he said all I can say is you should come here as quick as you can.
My manager told me that if I left without showing my relief where I was on the truck I was loading he would fire me. I told him to do what ever he needed to do but my entire family was in emergency rooms and I was leaving now.
I left and the union called me that night and told me I had left my assignment and they could not defend that.
I went in the next day and explained what had happened to the front dock manager and he said don't worry about it. Get your family well and come back. You have a job.
I did and I never worked the back dock again.
MAKE YOURSELF OF VALUE

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like I said, make yourself of value. Unions don't give one shit about if you get worked dumped on you or not.

I worked at two union jobs, one was the commercial food and workers at the old Swanson plant. Had a manager that was making me do what was three men's jobs. Did the union do one thing about it? No my job description said other duties as assigned. Their resolution was stick it out and sign for another job when you have enough seniority. My resolution? Went to his boss and said, look this is what I am doing. You and I both know three men used to do the same work. I am a hard worker but not a stupid worker. You get me some help or I am going to sign every posting that comes up until I get another job.
His answer? I am sorry I didn't realize he was doing this. I will take care of it. Next shift? I had a helper.

Second job a teamster at U.S. Cold Storage. It was even worse.
Guys with seniority would be given an assignment and would say I don't want that. Give it to someone with less seniority. And management would.
These guys voted to go on strike because they were only getting a $.15/ hour raise. Union leadership calls the vote and goes back to management. COmes back with a $.25 / hour. Vote to accept the contract. I was like WTF? I stood in solidarity even though this check feeds my 3 kids and you accept another fuckign ten cents an hour? You guys deserve what you get. At that point I went back to school and never looked back.

Don't blame the unions for some assholes who refuse to do what they are supposed to do. If a union steward or a higher up refuses to help you on an issue sometimes you have to file a grievance on them also. I never said unions are perfect.

By the way, did you hear about Debbie Reynolds dying one day after her daughter died? Very sad.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That second job my wife got in a wreck on I80. Car came across the median and hit her head on. Airlifted her and my daughter to University and sent my two sons to Childrens.
GOt a call from the paramedic when they got to University and said your wife has been in a wreck. She is at University now with your daughter and the took your sons to Children's. You should come here quick.
I asked if they were alright and he said all I can say is you should come here as quick as you can.
My manager told me that if I left without showing my relief where I was on the truck I was loading he would fire me. I told him to do what ever he needed to do but my entire family was in emergency rooms and I was leaving now.
I left and the union called me that night and told me I had left my assignment and they could not defend that.
I went in the next day and explained what had happened to the front dock manager and he said don't worry about it. Get your family well and come back. You have a job.
I did and I never worked the back dock again.
MAKE YOURSELF OF VALUE

I find that hard to believe. A union will defend an employee in a situation such as that.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that ironic. You telling someone else you don't believe them.
:pound::rofl::pound:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Isn't that ironic. You telling someone else you don't believe them.
:pound::rofl::pound:

Regardless of what was said here between the two of us, I hope your family is okay now. What happened to your family sounds like an awfully traumatic event.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was over 20 years ago. They are fine, but thank you.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got an MRI 4 years ago about my c-3 and c-4 disks and it did not look good fer me
they wanted ta do surgery thru my neck ??
I declined and just live with it

I guess its the thangs we all have ta live with in this werld

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, if those few hundred people had obeyed the law and then complied with police orders they would still be alive. Secondly, for the people who were pulled over for speeding, myself included, complying with a cop's commands will go a long ways towards a person's well being. One of the benefits is sometimes not getting a speeding violation, but a warning ticket! Yippee! Of course, if a person wants to commit suicide, it would be a good idea to not comply with police orders while pretending to reach for a weapon.

Obviously your mindset is to side with the thugs and to not comply with police orders. That's going to get you killed one day. Do you kneel while the National Anthem is being played while at athletic events?
When it comes to getting warning tickets, my wife is the queen, oh shit I just jinxed her. :L

Officer down: Police deaths hit a 5-year high

People getting shot by police error is terrible, however, BLM folks spewing hatred in public demonstrations leading to the assassination of police officers is as despicable as the outgoing President when he gave them a platform and validation with a Whitehouse invite.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When it comes to getting warning tickets, my wife is the queen, oh shit I just jinxed her. :L

Officer down: Police deaths hit a 5-year high

People getting shot by police error is terrible, however, BLM folks spewing hatred in public demonstrations leading to the assassination of police officers is as despicable as the outgoing President when he gave them a platform and validation with a Whitehouse invite.

Obama has emboldened black folks to stand up to injustices, but the only problem is some of them believe injustices are having to obey the law and comply with police orders.