• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IN and OUT tonight

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations gentleman. Your team is so cruel, giving them hope like that... lol.

A W is a W however. Doesn't matter how you slice it or dice it. Good work.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, wraps lizard before lizard

photo_wright_2.jpg

Julian

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sure as hell didn't make it easy for themselves, but like you said, a W is a W. Look forward to another close one on Friday.

In the name of due respect I won't call that... lol... but I had a feeling before this game that the Raps would make a statement and gather the W. What I couldn't have forseen is that they would have such a lead and make it interesting towards the end. Perhaps.. in a way... this is a very, very good thing for them. Scared them a little. Not entirely a bad thing, even if the fanbase was practically going Elvis & shotgun on their tvs towards the end.

Exult, Raptor fans! Now they're on the run.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(In case you're curious, apart from not being a Nets fan I'm also not a Blatche fan. He was fools gold for the Wizards a few years ago.)

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
best part of that game was peirce being benched and having nothing to do with the nets run
australian_water_rat.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In the name of due respect I won't call that... lol... but I had a feeling before this game that the Raps would make a statement and gather the W. What I couldn't have forseen is that they would have such a lead and make it interesting towards the end. Perhaps.. in a way... this is a very, very good thing for them. Scared them a little. Not entirely a bad thing, even if the fanbase was practically going Elvis & shotgun on their tvs towards the end.

Exult, Raptor fans! Now they're on the run.

I thought about that too as I was beginning to come down from that tense 4th. A young playoff team is going to make bonehead mistakes and they've made plenty this series. Having just won barely after riding so high is good to keep their ego in check for game 6. Having said that, it could also do wonders for the Nets. I've been saying all along that the combo of Deron, Johnson and Teletovic are the Wraptor killers but they rarely played together for a long stretch. They did it in the 4th and almost won Brooklyn the game...makes me wonder if Kidd has figured it out. Regardless, these games have been so close. I don't expect anything less from either team.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about that too as I was beginning to come down from that tense 4th. A young playoff team is going to make bonehead mistakes and they've made plenty this series. Having just won barely after riding so high is good to keep their ego in check for game 6. Having said that, it could also do wonders for the Nets. I've been saying all along that the combo of Deron, Johnson and Teletovic are the Wraptor killers but they rarely played together for a long stretch. They did it in the 4th and almost won Brooklyn the game...makes me wonder if Kidd has figured it out. Regardless, these games have been so close. I don't expect anything less from either team.

I hear you. I was really nervous about my team facing the Bulls, but I fully admit your team has had their hands full with these Nets. They are just deep enough that any team out there in the East would have had conniptions with them. I don't care how loudly they thump their chest and cry otherwise... deep down, you know it, I know, they know it.

For the sake of your team and, hell, maybe even my team, I'm hoping Kidd figures it out too late this postseason. Which I'm thinking is gonna be the case. Doesn't mean next year won't be a real interesting thing keeping tabs on them with their window of opportunity.

Haha.. but that's next year. Raptors are too good for the Nets to win a home-and-away series at this juncture. They had their chance tonight. It's gone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hear you. I was really nervous about my team facing the Bulls, but I fully admit your team has had their hands full with these Nets. They are just deep enough that any team out there in the East would have had conniptions with them. I don't care how loudly they thump their chest and cry otherwise... deep down, you know it, I know, they know it.

For the sake of your team and, hell, maybe even my team, I'm hoping Kidd figures it out too late this postseason. Which I'm thinking is gonna be the case. Doesn't mean next year won't be a real interesting thing keeping tabs on them with their window of opportunity.

Haha.. but that's next year. Raptors are too good for the Nets to win a home-and-away series at this juncture. They had their chance tonight. It's gone.

I think most Wraptor fans are just as surprised by the team's grittiness, effort and heart as many as any opposing team's fans are. We don't have the star players and the max contracts. And hell, we got way too many guys who couldn't make a basket if their lives depended on it (Chuck Hayes, John Salmons, Landry Fields, Steve Novak...yikes), but they've got something this season. I don't know how far that's going to get them but it is nice to see that other teams, other team's fans and ESPN aren't dismissing this team anymore.

Having said that, this team is still very young and inexperienced in the playoffs. They are prone to mistakes and lapses in level of play (The 4th Q of the Game 5 is a pretty darn good example). The Nets would have a far better shot at winning 2 (one home and one away) than we would...especially if Kidd has figured out what I've been saying since Game 2 and that is the combo of Deron-Johnson-Teletovic would do the most damage to this team. On the other hand, our coach hasn't figured out that our biggest advantage against the Nets has been Valanciunas and he has been left as the 4th or 5th option on the floor with next to no plays drawn for him. That concerns me a lot.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
so if your wondering why the nba is no longer rigging for Brooklyn

Raptors merchandise flying off the shelves during playoff series | CityNews

Raptors merchandise is flying off the shelves as the team engages in its first playoff battle in six years.

Sales of Raptors gear has increased by a staggering 300 per cent since the regular season, with shirts emblazoned with slogans like ‘Atlantic Is Ours’, ‘Northern Uprising’ and ‘We The North’ leading the charge to cash registers.