• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In an effort to pay more attention to games

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So watching a full game is often difficult unless it's SNF or MNF(if I feel like watching online) or TNF. Reason is the saints play also during the strong time for redzone. I have to keep track of my fantasy team on redzone as well as the saints and really it's time consuming and very draining. I just cannot pay attention to both situations and with the saints constantly frustrating me last year, I tend to just pay less attention overall.

The saints(as it stands) are only playing four times outside of the noon slot, week 1, week 4, week 12, and week 14. They also have been blocked from getting a bigger timeslot against NE and GB(NFL knows they have not played well at later time slot) with the doubleheaders being on the opposite network so they have no chance to play at 4:25 against them and likely will not against Chicago, Buffalo, and NYJ(not with with NE/Pit that week). Carolina week 13 and Atlanta week 16 are strong possibilities to move to 4:25.

So I want to draft more late afternoon players. There is only Cooper, Rivers, Allen(if I jump for MWill), Carr, Graham, Henry, Baldwin, and DJ among west coasters that I am looking at. So I am looking at primetime/doubleheader favorites from Pittsburgh, GB(Nelson/Bennett), NYG(ODB), and NE(scared to take Gronk though or any RB) additionally. BTW, this aimed at NFL league not ESPN.

That way I can focus on the saints at 1 and have something to watch in the later games. I may cut down on redzone this time though to be able to watch more full games.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So watching a full game is often difficult unless it's SNF or MNF(if I feel like watching online) or TNF. Reason is the saints play also during the strong time for redzone. I have to keep track of my fantasy team on redzone as well as the saints and really it's time consuming and very draining. I just cannot pay attention to both situations and with the saints constantly frustrating me last year, I tend to just pay less attention overall.

The saints(as it stands) are only playing four times outside of the noon slot, week 1, week 4, week 12, and week 14. They also have been blocked from getting a bigger timeslot against NE and GB(NFL knows they have not played well at later time slot) with the doubleheaders being on the opposite network so they have no chance to play at 4:25 against them and likely will not against Chicago, Buffalo, and NYJ(not with with NE/Pit that week). Carolina week 13 and Atlanta week 16 are strong possibilities to move to 4:25.

So I want to draft more late afternoon players. There is only Cooper, Rivers, Allen(if I jump for MWill), Carr, Graham, Henry, Baldwin, and DJ among west coasters that I am looking at. So I am looking at primetime/doubleheader favorites from Pittsburgh, GB(Nelson/Bennett), NYG(ODB), and NE(scared to take Gronk though or any RB) additionally. BTW, this aimed at NFL league not ESPN.

That way I can focus on the saints at 1 and have something to watch in the later games. I may cut down on redzone this time though to be able to watch more full games.
Teams are often given as close to equal amount of early afternoon and late afternoon games as possible. . Looking that closely at the schedule will only cause you to overlook quality producers.

Btw, watching your team on redzone, isn't going to help them score more points. . And given that the redone is nothing but plays inside the twenty, it doesn't give you much feel for the how or why player x had a good stat line. Just watch whatever you can, when you can, and take from it as much as you can

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually do one game on the TV(not a fan of redzone) ,sometimes i'll have another going on a tablet, and NFL gamecenter open for all currently running games on my laptop

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds way too complicated to be helpful.

If you need to watch your fantasy team just watch them but like Treff said its not like seeing them on redzone will make them do any better. I know for me personally Ill lose my mind if Im watching a game other than the skins' when their on. But to each his own.

Also - not advising you do this necessarily but - ive found that as Ive started to have more leagues its kind of alleviated the problem of wanting to watch my players on Sunday. I end up both starting and playing against damn near everybody each week so theres no point. All I can do is check the scores and then if it comes down to Monday or Sunday night I can watch those games and root for my guys and its more exciting because you know what you need and it leads to some crazy finishes.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that it's more like tracking my team and my opponents. I don't like to sit and watch the gamecenter. I used to do that but not now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also - not advising you do this necessarily but - ive found that as Ive started to have more leagues its kind of alleviated the problem of wanting to watch my players on Sunday. I end up both starting and playing against damn near everybody each week so theres no point. All I can do is check the scores and then if it comes down to Monday or Sunday night I can watch those games and root for my guys and its more exciting because you know what you need and it leads to some crazy finishes.

1000% agree with this

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are often given as close to equal amount of early afternoon and late afternoon games as possible. . Looking that closely at the schedule will only cause you to overlook quality producers.

Btw, watching your team on redzone, isn't going to help them score more points. . And given that the redone is nothing but plays inside the twenty, it doesn't give you much feel for the how or why player x had a good stat line. Just watch whatever you can, when you can, and take from it as much as you can
I 2nd this. Your job as a fantasy owner is to put up the most points as possible. If you limit who you are taking because of what team they play for (which weighs heavily on when they play), then you are not putting the best team possible out there and hurting your chances of winning your league.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm not understanding why there is a need to watch?

Generally, on Sunday, I watch my favorite team at a friend's home. I try to enjoy my home-town team and good friends. I try to just enjoy the afternoon - win or lose. Then I enjoy dinner with my family.

I keep fantasy separate. 95% of the time I don't even check any of my fantasy scores until the Sunday night game.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm not understanding why there is a need to watch?

Generally, on Sunday, I watch my favorite team at a friend's home. I try to enjoy my home-town team and good friends. I try to just enjoy the afternoon - win or lose. Then I enjoy dinner with my family.

I keep fantasy separate. 95% of the time I don't even check any of my fantasy scores until the Sunday night game.
I think, at least in part, to my comments about him never having watched a full game. Because he seems to have zero understanding of how and why stats are built. He does plenty of numbers research, and half the time those numbers are incorrect, but regardless, no clue as to how to apply those numbers to anything that means anything. So of course, he's now going overboard on analysing the simple act of watching a game

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this ^^^ or at least I don't usually check until during the afternoon games

only thing that changes on my end is if I'm watching games by myself, or with a group of fantasy buddies. I'll check some scores in either of those situations, but would rather just watch some games.

fantasy time consists almost entirely with my face glued to laptop/phone screen, 99% of the time I'm alone doing my research/watching clips/crunching numbers/mock drafting in addition to my traffic on the hoop.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm constantly checking, can't help myself. I tried watching without it, it isn't the same

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm constantly checking, can't help myself. I tried watching without it, it isn't the same
Watch games on TV and keep my iPad handy to check on FF.