• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Impressions

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have a lot of questions - that need to be answered before certifications can be made about how good or bad they are going to be, but that aside - there are positives:

1) Joseph had a very good start - though a small sampling - the Broncos were well organized - seem inspired and eager to play the season. VJ is certainly more at home on the field than he is in front of the cameras. Who knows how it will come out, but in his case there is no evidence yet - that the players don't believe in him.

2) The interior of the DLine - has gotten bigger, more mobile and meaner.

3) The Broncos have gotten faster at the talent positions in the offense - better depth at RB - and reinforcements on the Oline.

4) The Broncos expect much better results out of Special Teams in the return game.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree on all the above. Like I said all last year and all off season, if Denver is able to establish a good consistent run game, even if pass pro is inconsistent, they will be a tough out especially with TS behind center and a improved run D.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that I am loving reading is that people are noticing the offense actually holding their own even against the #1 defense. Heck there have been a couple of days those who have observed practice have said they think the offense got the better of the defense. We haven't heard that in probably 2 years.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still need to see the oline and dline when things are 'nasty'. trench warfare doesn't show itself in OTAs really

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that I am loving reading is that people are noticing the offense actually holding their own even against the #1 defense. Heck there have been a couple of days those who have observed practice have said they think the offense got the better of the defense. We haven't heard that in probably 2 years.

I'd have to see it to believe it. I am def going to a padded practice this year to really see if the offense has improved.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to see it to believe it. I am def going to a padded practice this year to really see if the offense has improved.

Agree I need to see it too and plan on heading up for a couple of days of practice this year. Still last year we did not hear once that the offense actually got the better of the defense. So the fact that we are hearing from multiple people that the offense is doing some things that never happened last year gives me some hope.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have hope too.

It is always hope - during this part of my fan cycle. I have now dined on the finest BS the Broncos can buy for the website - and agree with them that they plugged all the holes - and improved the situation. We wince when we think of Lynch or Siemian at QB, but the most likely trend to play out is that both of them are more experienced and better QBs this year. I buy the idea that Charles with have his renaissance - and CJ and Booker ripen as dynamic players. The oline will come together when the Broncos can prove they can they can move the ball in a variety of ways. McKenzie and Henderson will add a speed component to the options mix. Even the TE position seems to be fixed - or pointing in the right direction. This Bronco defense is bad assed and stacked with talent - they will challenge for the best defense in the league - and maybe - best defense of all time.

Go Broncos!

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of impressions, I can do a pretty good Sammy Davis jr

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like both QB's struggled some today. Lynch hit some big throws down the field but also had a very costly pick-6. Siemian struggled to go deep all day but was consistent on his underneath throws.

At one point this was the sequence of Lynch on 4 straight throws...

1) Pick-6
2) Deep touchdown to Cody Latimer in perfect stride
3) Ugly overthrow
4) Beauty up the seam to the TE

To me Siemian has to work on showing he can go deep at least somewhat consistently and Paxton has to work on just being consistent. Going to be a fun race.