• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm glad Striker is gone

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

He was a good player...but overall I think our defense suffered when it mattered most BECAUSE of his presence and it's effect on the defensive scheme.

A corner rusher is great if you have an immobile QB like Macarron (sp?). But against the guise with wheels you suffer. That corner rusher's position success rate is a coinflip at best over half the time he's on the field.

Yeah, he was a great emotional leader and his motor cannot be put into question. I'd dare put him as one of the 5 best in OU history...but I'm glad he's gone. Expect more size at the position.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

He was a good player...but overall I think our defense suffered when it mattered most BECAUSE of his presence and it's effect on the defensive scheme.

A corner rusher is great if you have an immobile QB like Macarron (sp?). But against the guise with wheels you suffer. That corner rusher's position success rate is a coinflip at best over half the time he's on the field.

Yeah, he was a great emotional leader and his motor cannot be put into question. I'd dare put him as one of the 5 best in OU history...but I'm glad he's gone. Expect more size at the position.

Striker got abused by Clemson, and he really limited our packages. No way is he going to sit, but he was just too situational.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he either comes in on 3rd and distance or 1st and more than ten....and when it's not 3rd down, he's shadow on the qb.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how the coach's change their game plan in regards who will replace Striker.