• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

@ Illinois Week Thread

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday night is with a very special guest Aaron Taylor!!! Come out to Holy Ghost (52nd & Q St. in Omaha, NE) for look back Rutgers!! Look at this week Friday night at Illinois!!!
Doors at 5pm Aaron start about 7pm. Cost $8.00 adults $4.00 kids. Bring extra cash for food and drinks.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on you guys. Unity. Get with the times.

Let's all take a knee together and unite as one.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I stand with my hand over my heart.

My Dad participated in WWII flying the P-61 in Europe late 1944 or so. Used the GI Bill to be a civil engineer. He always told me the craziest men he ever knew or saw were paratroopers. They knew that they were usually being dropped behind enemy lines so when they partied, they partied like there was no tomorrow. According to my father, the Japanese civilian population feared US paratroopers.

After the war, he was part of the occupying force of Japan and rebuilding Japan.

My Dad was in Korea building things. I don't think he had combat duty or was ever under attack while in Korea. But we did not talk about Korea much. I mostly wanted WWII stories and he never talked about it.

His biggest leak to me was he said he saw the German Jet Fighters when he was on a mission, but all they were was real fast. The German pilots could not maneuver with them. They came streaking at them then by them and that was it. He never said he engaged them.

My Dad was in Vietnam building airfields(Da Nang was one he was at) and was under mortar attack just about daily. He watched little vietnamese kids being given hand grenades by the adults and the kids running at trucks of troops, only having to be shot by crying US GIs.

My Dad's Brother(my uncle) was instrumental in having the Korean War Memorial in Wash DC built. My Uncle was at Chosin Reservoir. He was one of the 40 founders of the Korean War Veteran's Association in 1985.

Our freedoms that we have, were not given to us. They were earned.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HB10, good post. I would be proud to be associated with a family of patriots such as yours.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand with my hand over my heart.

My Dad participated in WWII flying the P-61 in Europe late 1944 or so. Used the GI Bill to be a civil engineer. He always told me the craziest men he ever knew or saw were paratroopers. They knew that they were usually being dropped behind enemy lines so when they partied, they partied like there was no tomorrow. According to my father, the Japanese civilian population feared US paratroopers.

After the war, he was part of the occupying force of Japan and rebuilding Japan.

My Dad was in Korea building things. I don't think he had combat duty or was ever under attack while in Korea. But we did not talk about Korea much. I mostly wanted WWII stories and he never talked about it.

His biggest leak to me was he said he saw the German Jet Fighters when he was on a mission, but all they were was real fast. The German pilots could not maneuver with them. They came streaking at them then by them and that was it. He never said he engaged them.

My Dad was in Vietnam building airfields(Da Nang was one he was at) and was under mortar attack just about daily. He watched little vietnamese kids being given hand grenades by the adults and the kids running at trucks of troops, only having to be shot by crying US GIs.

My Dad's Brother(my uncle) was instrumental in having the Korean War Memorial in Wash DC built. My Uncle was at Chosin Reservoir. He was one of the 40 founders of the Korean War Veteran's Association in 1985.

Our freedoms that we have, were not given to us. They were earned.

My Grandpa's ship was sunk by a torpedo in WWII and although he didn't know how to swim, he took it upon himself to save the ship's flag before finding safety. That flag now belongs to my cousin and the flag from his casket is framed and belongs to me, both given to us by our grandmother when he died and is one of my most cherished possessions.

He was also stationed in Japan and present during the Peace Talks of the Korean War.

I stand with my hand over my heart, and I personally wish more people would actually sing the anthem when it is played rather than just stand there, but that's me.

I'm okay with people kneeling, that's their right and what makes this country great. Doesn't mean I agree with their method of protest, but again they have a right to do it just as I have a right to disagree with their method. Protests are supposed to make people uncomfortable and raise awareness. Well, guess what....

Also, me standing for the anthem or disagreeing with their method does not automatically mean I am against equality or social justice. It's not one or the other

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seats on the 50 yard line, row 7, on the Illinois side for $50 bucks plus handling fees. Tempting.

I can buy row 6 on the 20 yard line for 27 bucks, plus handling fees. Also tempting. Last week, these tickets were going for $65.

Tracking the prices. I can buy a family four pack for the game for $69 from U of Illinois. Which would be the worst seats in the place. Or, I could buy online for less than 1/2 that price. I am a family of two so I was never considering, just writing what the U of I tries to pawn off.

The 50 yard line seats are gone.

Front row seats are row 6.

I can buy row 6 on the 20 yard line for 25 bucks, plus handling fees.

If they drop to $20 I will buy. I better finish painting the Husker Fists. I need to redo the N on them, I already painted them with a new coat of red paint.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Front row seats are row 6.

I can buy row 6 on the 20 yard line for 25 bucks, plus handling fees.

If they drop to $20 I will buy. I better finish painting the Husker Fists. I need to redo the N on them, I already painted them with a new coat of red paint.

I can buy row 6 on the 20 yard line for 23 bucks, plus handling fees.

Row 10 or the 5th row, $18.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the front row seats sold out. Never reached my cheap price but it got close. Told my wife she must stay at work for a full day.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honor the country and flag by placing your hand over your heart. Act as if you are an american

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Morgan Jr. playing? Anybody with any inside info?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long fucking day waiting for Husker football tonight.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley said earlier in the weak if a guy travels then usually means he’s going to play

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys going to watch the game too?