• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

@ Illinois Week Thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday Sept 29th
7:00 PM
FS1

Nebraska opened -6.5

Illinois is coming off a bye week.
Nebraska is on a short week

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like it is a pick em game this week.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weather will be high 75 and low of 46. 0% chance of rain

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just hope the o-line continues to get better. it looked improved against Rutgers but still struggled at times. if we can see continued improvement there it would make a world of difference.

TL's decision making needs to get better. even though DL tried to take the blame, that first interception was all on TL. It actually wasn't even that bad of a decision, he just tried to do it by falling away and on his back foot. he steps into that ball and puts it out further to the sideline where the WR runs to it, it's either a big catch or incomplete. i took some video and pictures yesterday, i was hoping to post them but just didn't have time last night. TL imo doesnt really trust all the receivers and in some cases i don't blame him, several guys missed catchable balls Saturday, however its causing him to stare down receivers. if i get up the video, i believe i have a decent shot on his pick 6.

D - eh, it was Rutgers. i'd like to see Diaco take away a little more. the soft coverage is fine against Rutgers, their QB is going to miss some throws, but WI/OSU aren't going to miss as many and their WRs are much more dangerous after the catch. it's definitely looking better and some of the young guys look promising. Stille really stood out to me when he was on the field.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weather will be high 75 and low of 46. 0% chance of rain

Yeah, night game so probably about 70° game time. Low to mid 60's by the end of the game.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just hope the o-line continues to get better. it looked improved against Rutgers but still struggled at times. if we can see continued improvement there it would make a world of difference.

TL's decision making needs to get better. even though DL tried to take the blame, that first interception was all on TL. It actually wasn't even that bad of a decision, he just tried to do it by falling away and on his back foot. he steps into that ball and puts it out further to the sideline where the WR runs to it, it's either a big catch or incomplete. i took some video and pictures yesterday, i was hoping to post them but just didn't have time last night. TL imo doesnt really trust all the receivers and in some cases i don't blame him, several guys missed catchable balls Saturday, however its causing him to stare down receivers. if i get up the video, i believe i have a decent shot on his pick 6.

D - eh, it was Rutgers. i'd like to see Diaco take away a little more. the soft coverage is fine against Rutgers, their QB is going to miss some throws, but WI/OSU aren't going to miss as many and their WRs are much more dangerous after the catch. it's definitely looking better and some of the young guys look promising. Stille really stood out to me when he was on the field.

I look at the Rutgers game as 20-10. That is taking away intangibles like Rutgers pick 6 and Nebraska's punt return inside their 10.

Nebraska needs to get better to get to 6 wins vs the likes of Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, and Minnesota. I.E. - Bowl Eligibility

There will need to be astronomical improvement to steal one against Wisconsin, Ohio St, Penn St, or Iowa. Those teams are too good up front.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news Illinois offense is bad. A good playmaker in Dudek, a capable back in Epstein.

Pretty sure the Defense will neutralize the run. But the usual lack of a pass rush, means Dudek might burn Nebraska.

Should be a win. Could be a loss.

Every time I see Tanner go back to pass, I expect the worst outcome. I do not expect a nice throw, I do not expect a completion, I expect an interception. What that means is I have zero confidence in the Nebraska passing game.

Might as well count the Minnesota game as a loss. Their O line is more real than the Husker O line.

Shocker, Nebraska O line has allowed an average of 1.5 sacks per game, the same as Penn State, Oklahoma, TCU, Wake Forest, and Utah. Five teams are 4-0, one team is 2-2.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news Illinois offense is bad. A good playmaker in Dudek, a capable back in Epstein.

Pretty sure the Defense will neutralize the run. But the usual lack of a pass rush, means Dudek might burn Nebraska.

Should be a win. Could be a loss.

Every time I see Tanner go back to pass, I expect the worst outcome. I do not expect a nice throw, I do not expect a completion, I expect an interception. What that means is I have zero confidence in the Nebraska passing game.

Might as well count the Minnesota game as a loss. Their O line is more real than the Husker O line.

Shocker, Nebraska O line has allowed an average of 1.5 sacks per game, the same as Penn State, Oklahoma, TCU, Wake Forest, and Utah. Five teams are 4-0, one team is 2-2.

Yeah. Minnesota looks to be another tough out. They've been winning like they should and are +12.5 over Maryland (3rd string QB) this weekend.
They could reasonably be 7-0 heading into Iowa on Oct 28th. They then travel to Ann Arbor before hosting Nebraska on 11/11.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois is fucking terrible, we're not losing this one buttholes. George Jr has a decent arm but I think we can manage, that about wraps up this weeks scouting report

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bookmark this.

pinstripe bowl

Notre dame v Nebraska

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois is fucking terrible, we're not losing this one buttholes. George Jr has a decent arm but I think we can manage, that about wraps up this weeks scouting report

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

And Nebraska's?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gates, Foster, Conrad, Farmer, Knevel number ones.
Fuck you Cavanaugh

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

And Nebraska's?
Even with, or without, our Uncle Tom QB it's not even close, I only watched one of thier games however it was real bad. If you can't see the difference then idk what to tell you

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with, or without, our Uncle Tom QB it's not even close, I only watched one of thier games however it was real bad. If you can't see the difference then idk what to tell you

The game against USF?

What makes Tanner Lee and 'Uncle Tom'?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game against USF?

What makes Tanner Lee and 'Uncle Tom'?
Yes. Racism aside Lee has been of more benefit to the other team than our own trying to show out for the hype machine
Yeah I know usf has a real good QB

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley, verbatim on the OL, this is the lack of leadership I have a big problem with about him.
Riley said the revamped line stayed pretty quiet all week, and he wasn't sure what that meant for Saturday. "And they came out fighting, and they did it with a couple new faces in there."

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Wannstedt just said Illinois will be Nebraska.