• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Illinois week/game thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to being in Happy Valley again this weekend. Looking forward to not playing a zone read scheme this week, expect much better effort from D and can't imagine Illinois uses a scheme as reckless and stupid on D as Maryland.

27-10 Nits

Barkley back on track
Nassib piles up a couple more sacks

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unexpectedly back in America, so I will be able to attend the game!! So excited.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, I will be there as well. Where you sitting?? I am scalping there, so no idea where I'll end up. Looks like nice day, high 40's low 50's and no rain

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game has lost a little of it's luster now that Tim Beckman is gone.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I see this is the last game we win before bowl game and it will be a close game. (7-5 record before Bowl Game)

PSU 24
ILL 20

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, I will be there as well. Where you sitting?? I am scalping there, so no idea where I'll end up. Looks like nice day, high 40's low 50's and no rain

SEU. Glad to hear no rain.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I see this is the last game we win before bowl game and it will be a close game. (7-5 record before Bowl Game)

PSU 24
ILL 20

I think we're 8-2 heading into Michigan game with chance in both f the last 2, especially in whiteout home game. Michigan state has some big flaws despite remaining undefeated, NW has been shaky since week 4. There is no game we are over matched and shouldn't have a real shot in. Think we win one of those 3 and end up 8-4 playing in Florida around New Year's Day

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game. I didn't see it only on gamecast on phone. Hope we continue momentum.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Fun game to watch, very happy for the team to get the shutout.

Did not appreciate the crowd booing Joey. Not cool and not what Penn State is about in my opinion.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Fun game to watch, very happy for the team to get the shutout.

Did not appreciate the crowd booing Joey. Not cool and not what Penn State is about in my opinion.

I did not see the xtra pts being blocked but read before the game that Illinois had a good special team in blocking kicks so wasn't surprised to see us get a few blocked. I agree Bonham that we need to show class because we don't want to hurt Joey's confidence because we might need his leg to win it for us.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not see the xtra pts being blocked but read before the game that Illinois had a good special team in blocking kicks so wasn't surprised to see us get a few blocked. I agree Bonham that we need to show class because we don't want to hurt Joey's confidence because we might need his leg to win it for us.

He kicked them all low into the line.

Hack was looking like a top 10 overall pick today. Team clicked in all 3 phases, play like this they can beat anyone left on schedule.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He kicked them all low into the line.

Hack was looking like a top 10 overall pick today. Team clicked in all 3 phases, play like this they can beat anyone left on schedule.

You still don't boo your own team. Illinois is a ok team but they are no Michigan or Michigan state team. I do like that we have a bye before we play Michigan at home but almost wish we could play them next week because I don't want to cool off. Great team win.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just now watching the replay of the game. I work alot these days. I like what I see so far. The defense looks pretty good . The O is struggling a bit though.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall the O struggling yesterday, Hack ws money and driving up and down field most of day. They gave up a few sacks in 2nd quarter on missed assignments, but other than that, I REALLY like what I saw from them

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a reference to the game early on as I watched the tape. The tape just concluded and the O got going in a big way and the D stayed tough. Nice blow-out, shut-out. That was fun to watch even though it was a day late, LBU.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching my nephew at his DII game yesterday but catching highlights on the phone. From what I saw it looks like they played well. The offense has stepped it up the last two weeks. If I remember correctly that improved throughout the year last year also.

I was pissed after the Temple game (coming from a guy that went to Temple Baptist many years ago) but after watching last night Matt has a very good team. Not so mad about that game now. Can't see Matt staying, the facilities there are pretty bad. I hear MD, VA and Rutgers are interested. Plank is putting a lot of money into the MD program.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching my nephew at his DII game yesterday but catching highlights on the phone. From what I saw it looks like they played well. The offense has stepped it up the last two weeks. If I remember correctly that improved throughout the year last year also.

I was pissed after the Temple game (coming from a guy that went to Temple Baptist many years ago) but after watching last night Matt has a very good team. Not so mad about that game now. Can't see Matt staying, the facilities there are pretty bad. I hear MD, VA and Rutgers are interested. Plank is putting a lot of money into the MD program.
yeah, like I said after the temple loss, lets see how season plays out. They could end up a 1-2 loss team in a decent bowl game and that loss would not be anywhere near the disaster everyone had it pegged when it happened

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a question I have been mulling over in my head. The team looked so basic the first 4 or 5 games, I was really questioning the coaching. But they have been opening up the playbook the last few games. Do you think Franklin was holding his pocket aces until he got to the meat of the schedule?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a question I have been mulling over in my head. The team looked so basic the first 4 or 5 games, I was really questioning the coaching. But they have been opening up the playbook the last few games. Do you think Franklin was holding his pocket aces until he got to the meat of the schedule?

For all the heat Donovan took, it wasn't all him. Franklin is far more like Joe than people realize. He went to a basic, win ugly, but just win offense because they weren't ready for the full playbook or scheme Donovan wants to run. They have been gradually opening it up week by week as protection and the running game (thanks to Saquon) have improved. WR are also getting better separation, running crisper routes and making plays. Wouldn't say holding aces, just not dong anything crazy because they had to win games.