• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ifedi moving to RT

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fan just get's abused at LT ... We need to give Russ more protection and let him operate, the last couple years we've made that incredibly difficult for him...

Feel this year should/ could be much better then last year. For the most part they all gained experience and know each other. Injuries are the big thing, doesn't think they can afford to many on the OL. I'm cautiously optimistic that it will go better this year.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fant had problems for much of the year but he did have a couple of good games and showed some upside. As previously discusssed, it is not his fault. He should have never been on the field last year as he was a basketball player who was thrown into a situation that he should never have been in. Any mistakes or flaws from Fant last year are totally on coaching and management for putting him in the situation to begin with. To go from the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers basketball team to starting LT in the NFL is ridiculous and it should never have happened.

As for Gilliam, good riddance. He regressed big time last year. I look forward to the Seahawks DL feasting on him a couple of times next year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks like the best OL-specific topic on the first page....

Listening to 710 today, Clayton seems to believe Glowinski will move to RG as part of the Ifedi to RT plan. These are the positions both of these guys played in college.

They are looking at Odhiambo as a left side guy but sounds like it would be G before T, and then you pretty much have to start Joeckel somewhere if you've guaranteed him $7M.

From left to right, it sounds like Fant-Joeckel-Britt-Glowinski-Ifedi is the start point, and then it's up to competition for Odhiambo, Oboushi or Pocic to shake it up.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks like the best OL-specific topic on the first page....

Listening to 710 today, Clayton seems to believe Glowinski will move to RG as part of the Ifedi to RT plan. These are the positions both of these guys played in college.

They are looking at Odhiambo as a left side guy but sounds like it would be G before T, and then you pretty much have to start Joeckel somewhere if you've guaranteed him $7M.

From left to right, it sounds like Fant-Joeckel-Britt-Glowinski-Ifedi is the start point, and then it's up to competition for Odhiambo, Oboushi or Pocic to shake it up.

So Ifedi to RT. Figured he was headed there at some point when they drafted him. Kind of like that lineup, although Fant at LT makes me nervous.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ifedi to RT. Figured he was headed there at some point when they drafted him. Kind of like that lineup, although Fant at LT makes me nervous.
Having Joeckel next to him may help him out, if that's how things go down. I think Odhiambo was drafted as a potential LT as well, so who knows. The ultimate curveball would be Pocic, and I wouldn't put it past these coaches to run that one up the flagpole to see how it flies.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the only thing that makes me nervous about that lineup is definitely Fant as well... He was terrible in pass pro... Hopefully someone can beat him out because that would mean we improved at the LT position...

I love the fact that Glow and Ifedi would be playing their natural positions...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from NFL.com

Another season, another Seahawks offensive line with new starters in nearly every spot. Justin Britt is now entrenched at center, but every other starting job is up for grabs. Joeckel is getting paid too much ($8 million) coming off a torn ACL and should start at left tackle or left guard. Last year's first-rounder, Germain Ifedi, is moving to right tackle. The Seahawks keep shuffling and it keeps not working.

Lets hope our luck changes this year but trust me when i say i will not hold my breath.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, so we all wanted change, knew there had to be change, but now the national media rips us for change.

Too good.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world your not forced to reshuffle a position, but the NFL isn't that perfect world. Not surprised at the criticism, low hanging fruit so to speak.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's important to take from this is Britt is the C. He did very well last year and I expect better with a year under his belt.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's important to take from this is Britt is the C. He did very well last year and I expect better with a year under his belt.

Hopefully they extend him this off season, because I do think he'll have a good season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they extend him this off season, because I do think he'll have a good season.

Same here! Britt needs to be right at the top of the priority list to get a deal done.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here! Britt needs to be right at the top of the priority list to get a deal done.
One more reason not to spend money on signing a vet backup QB, when you got a perfectly good one on the roster already.:rolleyes:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more reason not to spend money on signing a vet backup QB, when you got a perfectly good one on the roster already.:rolleyes:

Although I've been told repeatedly that the C position isn't important. :lol:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Listening to PC talk after the 3rd of 7 OTA practices, this still looks like the best bet for the starting OL. Fant has added 15-17 pounds by pretty much all accounts and according to PC looks way beyond what he was last season. Joeckel has also been able to do a lot of work despite coming off the knee injury. Not sure he would be able to do contact drills right now, but he's handling the helmet and shorts ok it seems.

A few other things I picked up just from watching videos on the Hawks site:

Russell Wilson: no lingering effects from last season's injuries, at full speed. he has a really good 17 minute press conference video up on the hawks website as well. he gets dinged a lot for "robotic" answers, but when I watched this presser, I came away thinking only that this is exactly what the leader of your team should be about.

Eddie Lacy: looks reasonably fit. still big for sure, but he doesn't have a large gut or anything.

ET & Lockett: limited participants in a good way. ET described at being close to top speed.

Hopefully more good news next week.