• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ifedi moving to RT

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the video opens, it focuses on his weak points. Feel free to watch both vids to get a feel for the direction of our OL.
Ah ok, that makes sense. (I had the volume muted cuz I'm watching Better Call Saul in another window...)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the first 90 seconds, and he got pushed back into the QB quite a bit.

He did and they go on to say it's a matter of keeping his hips low and not getting to upright. They actually have some good things to say about him in that video, to go along with his weaknesses.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be, certainly. But at least it seems this shift is happening at a greater distance from meaningful games than when they moved Britt to C and Gilliam back to RT.

So you don't think Joeckel will even start?
Like I said, I think Joeckel either gets hurt or gets cut. He was moved to guard in Jacksonville because he was not performing at tackle. I don't dislike the signing, it was good value and there is a chance we can get something out of him. But I'm just not optimistic.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I think Joeckel either gets hurt or gets cut. He was moved to guard in Jacksonville because he was not performing at tackle. I don't dislike the signing, it was good value and there is a chance we can get something out of him. But I'm just not optimistic.
A HOPE avatar and you aren't optimistic?

LOL

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A HOPE avatar and you aren't optimistic?

LOL

Folks get discouraged. I remember the Seahawks signing Clipboard Jesus, then obtaining TJac the following year, posters were panicking. OMG, the Seahawks don't know how to find a QB, they keep collecting sub par talent at the position. It's been even longer for the OL, although they have shown they can work around it some what. Make lemonade out of lemons. I like the plan in place myself ( rebuild from the ground up with youth ), but most folks need to see it come to fruition before they can believe, because they've been disappointed thus far with the OL for some time.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think he's going to get hurt or cut, how can you not dislike the signing? Anyone can get hurt at any time, but if Joeckel is cut and/or never cracks the starting lineup then this is a total whiff.

The FO missed on a couple vets on the OL last season (regretful on Evans), so I don't call this a slam dunk or anything, but I think the fact that Joeckel has starting experience at both T and G means he's got a really good chance to get a job at 1 of 4 positions and would probably be an upgrade at every one of them right out of the box. With all the projects Cable has had to go through the last few years -- DL converts, basketball player, etc. -- I like his chances to salvage a guy whose talent at playing T was enough to make him the 2nd overall pick 4 years ago. If he's just decent, it's a success in my book.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think he's going to get hurt or cut, how can you not dislike the signing? Anyone can get hurt at any time, but if Joeckel is cut and/or never cracks the starting lineup then this is a total whiff.

The FO missed on a couple vets on the OL last season (regretful on Evans), so I don't call this a slam dunk or anything, but I think the fact that Joeckel has starting experience at both T and G means he's got a really good chance to get a job at 1 of 4 positions and would probably be an upgrade at every one of them right out of the box. With all the projects Cable has had to go through the last few years -- DL converts, basketball player, etc. -- I like his chances to salvage a guy whose talent at playing T was enough to make him the 2nd overall pick 4 years ago. If he's just decent, it's a success in my book.
I didn't say I loved the signing. I just don't hate it. I get it. It's good value with the potential of a high reward if he stays healthy and reaches his potential. But the guy has been on IR twice and has only played a full season once in his 4 years in the league. Coming off knee surgery and into a team that has a history of signing supposedly capable FA linemen and then releasing them ( see Winston, Webb and as you mentioned Evans) I don't like his chances.

In Seattle's situation the risk is worth it though. I hope it pans out but I've seen this shit before. If there's any inkling that a potential back up can perform close to Joeckel's level they'll let him go to save money. Assuming he isn't hurt that is.

Pessimistic, I know. Can't help it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only Oline spot that will not have a new player in it is Center. LT,LG,RG,RT will all be new players.

LT Joeckel Like it or not he is a better LT than anyone on the Hawks.
LG They have brought in a lot of bodys to play Guard, Glowinski loses his spot.
RG Again a lot of bodies they brought in were to play RG/LG. I see Draft pick starting here.
RT Ifedi with one season in the NFL at Guard where he was average at best but showed promise Ifedi moves to RT and should be a upgrade to who ever they tried playing here last season.

Brandnew line that will struggle but should have more talent than last seasons line at every level ( fingers crossed )

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only Oline spot that will not have a new player in it is Center. LT,LG,RG,RT will all be new players.

LT Joeckel Like it or not he is a better LT than anyone on the Hawks.
LG They have brought in a lot of bodys to play Guard, Glowinski loses his spot.
RG Again a lot of bodies they brought in were to play RG/LG. I see Draft pick starting here.
RT Ifedi with one season in the NFL at Guard where he was average at best but showed promise Ifedi moves to RT and should be a upgrade to who ever they tried playing here last season.

Brandnew line that will struggle but should have more talent than last seasons line at every level ( fingers crossed )
I think Glowinski stays at LG if Joeckel becomes the LT. I agree on RG being a new name, but that's only because Ifedi will be moved.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing 30% of this off-season's OTAs sure won't help the OL.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I heard of PC the other day, it also sounds like they signed Joeckel with the intent of competing him at LT. Fant doesn't seem like a guard, so with Ifedi moving to RT (most likely) then I wonder if things are setting up for Odhiambo to get a look at RG and/or grabbing a guard in the draft. Shuffling the line could once again make for a few bumps early in the season but if things go well with Lacy then that plus a healthy RW could mask that like the "old days" until they come together.

They have said Odhiambo is a left-side player, meaning LT or LG. Ifedi's a right-side player. Glowinski has played both, and the new guy from the Texans is supposed to compete at RG.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilliam signing the offer from SF probably cements the move of Ifedi to the outside. New starters at least 2 positions on the line now, and that's if Fant sticks at LT.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilliam signing the offer from SF probably cements the move of Ifedi to the outside. New starters at least 2 positions on the line now, and that's if Fant sticks at LT.

The Seahawks do have 5 days to match the 49ers offer, so not cemented yet.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we get a pick for gilliam or did we not tender him high enough?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we get a pick for gilliam or did we not tender him high enough?

Seattle tendered him for draft position. Since he was undrafted, the only benefit Seattle gets from his tender is that they can match within 4 days.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fan just get's abused at LT ... We need to give Russ more protection and let him operate, the last couple years we've made that incredibly difficult for him...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fan just get's abused at LT ... We need to give Russ more protection and let him operate, the last couple years we've made that incredibly difficult for him...
I'm willing to see what he can become with a year of experience (a year more than he had last season) at the position and no leg injuries to RW. If the plan is to compete Joeckel over there, then let the best man win.