• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you're going to recruit in Texas....

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw on Rivals that Fisher hasn't gotten a commitment in the year 2018.

2 kids committed shortly after he was hired but that was it.

TAM is currently at 50 in Rivals. They only top Arkansas in SEC recruiting.

Fisher is very hard-headed but I thought he would be doing better recruiting.

Is that what his problem is?

Yes, I believe so. He hired guys that are from Texas, but not guys that I don't believe have been recruiting Texas in a long time. He really does need to hire a Texas HS coaching legend to his staff, make him TE coach or something.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I believe so. He hired guys that are from Texas, but not guys that I don't believe have been recruiting Texas in a long time. He really does need to hire a Texas HS coaching legend to his staff, make him TE coach or something.

This might be a bit off-topic, but the biggest surprise has to be what Rhule is doing
with Baylor recruiting. He's doing a helluva job for a school that was 1-11 and rocked
with turmoil.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be a bit off-topic, but the biggest surprise has to be what Rhule is doing
with Baylor recruiting. He's doing a helluva job for a school that was 1-11 and rocked
with turmoil.
He immediately hired two Texas HS coaches on his staff. We'll see if this can turn into wins for Rhule.

I still think he is crazy for taking the mess that was Baylor. He had a lot of options and chose the Waco fiasco. All I can figure is he loves very difficult challenges because the stigma alone is hard to overcome.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He immediately hired two Texas HS coaches on his staff. We'll see if this can turn into wins for Rhule.

I still think he is crazy for taking the mess that was Baylor. He had a lot of options and chose the Waco fiasco. All I can figure is he loves very difficult challenges because the stigma alone is hard to overcome.

I agree on taking over at Baylor, BUT he had to assume that the well would run dry on him
at Temple and then he wouldn't be attractive. If he can get Baylor to a Bowl the next offer he
gets he will run to a new offer.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I spent my entire career in Texas, I need to ask you guys from other states a question because of this statement in the article.

"In public schools, the vast majority of our coaches are professional educators," THSCA executive director D.W. Rutledge said. "They have to have a teaching degree. The coaching staff works at the school, so they're around the kids every day ... and in most states that's not the case."

My question is, what licensure/certification, etc does a person have to have in order to coach at the junior high/high school level in other states?
Same here.. they have to have to be a teacher

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but that has been going on for 25 or 35 years.

Street Agents and they are worthless. But recruiting has demanded that. And it is the coaches
who are behind it.

All Coaches used to have Summer Camps, to help them earn extra money and youngsters
go there and for a week get some valuable technique training from college coaches.
Now that still occurs, but that stuff is specialized into bringing in top recruits for an immediate
look see. Get them on campus. Some grad assist can teach the 7-year old how to get
in a stance and fire out, but the HC and his assist's are recruiting the entire two or three
days those players are there.

They force the kids to specialize, not only in one sport, but one position, at an early age.
They're just cheating themselves, let alone the kid.

7-on-7 tournaments. I have zero problem with those when a school is doing it. Gather the
sklill folks and spend a few weeks in the summer working on routes/defending routes. But
these private teams...fuck that? That's AAU crap. You invite issues with that.

Players moving around. Clermont East Ridge has a 4-star who has committed/decommitted more
times than I take a dump in a week. But it's not surprising. He's been at 4 different High Schools
in 4 years. As a frosh he was at Ocala Vanguard. As a soph, he was at North Marion, which is in
Citra, Fl around 25 miles from Ocala. As a Jr he was back at Vanguard. As a Senior, he was at
Clermont East Ridge. (Clermont is 55 miles from Ocala. I assume he didn't ride a bike to school
he day). Last I heard, he was back considering UF. Everybody wanted him and many got a commit
for a bit.

Clermont ER coach was fired by the County/State at the start of the year for recruiting. They caught
him red-handed. He was out of control. He already had recruited a QB away from a Leesburg
Christain School. Good QB. 3-star, I believe. He was high on Indiana.

This shit is everywhere. No damn wonder they can't control these people. And piss on these college coaches
they are the enablers.

If anybody on this board could get to see a coach and tell him you could get him some good players and then
delivered one or two to him. You'll be financed quite nicely.

It's time for the NCAA to raise the GPA in core courses to receive a scholarship and maintain eligibility.
Then the NFL can develop a minor league because college sports has been taken away from the collegians
and turned over to the thugs.
Btw he signed with Fl this am..

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with turmoil.

Yes, that is crazy impressive. Also makes me wonder why Texas Tech keeps Kingsbury around, he's getting seriously out recruited by Baylor and its not even close.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that is crazy impressive. Also makes me wonder why Texas Tech keeps Kingsbury around, he's getting seriously out recruited by Baylor and its not even close.
Tech had the lowest rated class in the Big 12 this year. Even behind Kansas!

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw he signed with Fl this am..

He's coasting. He knows he's gonna have to win 8 or 9 next year to keep his job.
If he hadn't beaten Texas the last game he would have lost it this year.

He's basically hung it up and is preparing to become a OC somewhere in FBS or a
HC at Buffalo or Cal Davis or someplace like that.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Worst thing that happened to Tech was beating Texas this past season. They could've at least had chad morris or Seth Littrell.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie strong hit the same struggles Jimbo is having by not kissing the ring of the Texas high school coaches. Matt Rhule at Baylor was smart, hired a Texas high school Coach right away to navigate the waters.

Macovich, er Crapovich pissed off every high school coach when he took over at Texas, hence the reason our recruiting sucked during his tenure. Mack knew exactly what to do from day 1, and that is to kiss the shit out of every Texas High school coaches ass. Herman is doing the same thing.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Macovich, er Crapovich pissed off every high school coach when he took over at Texas, hence the reason our recruiting sucked during his tenure. Mack knew exactly what to do from day 1, and that is to kiss the shit out of every Texas High school coaches ass. Herman is doing the same thing.

Did macovich fail at recruiting? He had some studs at UT during his tenure.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did macovich fail at recruiting? He had some studs at UT during his tenure.

Don't know how much he failed at recruiting.

But he failed at defense...horribly. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. Wish he knew that philosophy.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Macovich was one of my favorite UT coaches :thumb: