• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you believed everything KC said

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it sure put a lot of holes in some posters “ABC fan” rhetoric over the last couple seasons.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it sure put a lot of holes in some posters “ABC fan” rhetoric over the last couple seasons.

Ya gotta admit....although the whole ABC'er angle was and is :bullshit:...it's a real snazzy tag :nod:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since I kinda coined the phrase, let me learn you a bit.

ABC FAN + That is the FANS who have pimped the concept that this team could get by with what ever QB we decided to throw in there. Be that McCoy, McCarron, or hell McDowell (from Coming to America).

ABC.. as in those fans that would be happy with Anyone But Cousins.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I kinda coined the phrase, let me learn you a bit.

ABC FAN + That is the FANS who have pimped the concept that this team could get by with what ever QB we decided to throw in there. Be that McCoy, McCarron, or hell McDowell (from Coming to America).

ABC.. as in those fans that would be happy with Anyone But Cousins.

I'm not one of those "whatever QB we throw in there" disciples. And, I'm not "Anyone But Cousins". But, I do believe there are other current NFL QB's who are not considered franchise QB's that would run Jay's offense as effectively as KC.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one of those "whatever QB we throw in there" disciples. And, I'm not "Anyone But Cousins". But, I do believe there are other current NFL QB's who are not considered franchise QB's that would run Jay's offense as effectively as KC.

And taking that into account, how many of said QBs would actually have been available?? For fork sake, there have been people saying we need to get Kenum, or just roll with McCoy. To me that says, I dont care who plays QB as long as it isnt Cousins.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i say poppy cock to that notion all together . you bring in an experience vet you will be getting either A) an old qb , alex smith/manning type B) injury prone sam bradford /tedy bridgewater C) a game manager which we have said we dont want (andy dalton case keenum type D) an untested rookie E) A J mcarron type who couldnt beat out Andy avg dalton but somehow will be able to play better then KC none of them offer long term production that KC can give you, proven long term

we clearly have a franchise guy , time to pay him and continue building

you can trade for smith as a 2 year stop gap and draft a qb , but that will cost us the 1st rounder to draft the qb and probably a 2nd and 3rd to get smith

we could make a push to sign bell and a wr (mathews ) resign brown , long TM and hope we hit on a 4th thru 7th rounder in the draft

in the mean time we get to see ziggy hood , and phil taylor stop gap at NT hope foster resigns , and that sewer cravens actually wants to play football

but mind you less then a 3rd of our free agents will work out based on our recent history

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to over the cap.com, there are very few teams with more cap space than the redskins who need a qb.

NFL Salary Cap Space | Over The Cap

The Browns and jets are pretty much it.

As long as the redskins bring a legit offer, KC will sign it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to over the cap.com, there are very few teams with more cap space than the redskins who need a qb.

NFL Salary Cap Space | Over The Cap

The Browns and jets are pretty much it.

As long as the redskins bring a legit offer, KC will sign it.
There's the rub. Don't you think if the team was going to bring a legit offer, they would have done it by now? They have had all year to prepare this offer. Nothing is going t change between now and the Tag declaration date that will have any affect on the offer. They know what they will be offering (unless they are complete idiots). If behooves them to make the offer as soon as possible (assuming is a legit offer) for a couple of reasons. First, it puts the onus on KC to respond. Right now, the team is the scapegoat. But if a legit offer is extended and KC balks or doesn't negotiate in good faith, that will change fan sentiment and make KC the bad guy. second, all of your other personnel actions are dependent upon what happens with KC. Your FA actions, your dealings with your own players, and your draft board will all change dramatically depending on what happens with KC. The sooner you have the KC debacle closed, the sooner you can start to work on the other pieces of the team you need to address. There is absolutely no reason why they should delay extending an offer immediately, unless they are playing games once again. IF that's the case, its either a tag or KC is gone. Can Allen really be that stupid?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does a frogs butt hit the deck every time he lands??

muFOIQn.gif