• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we get our suspended players back..

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. At least it's over. Wonder where they're going to transfer.

I wonder if they can transfer. I know that Moore is out of eligibility. Williams can have one more year, but if he transfers he has to sit out that year, unless he gets a waiver from the NCAA (which I doubt he'd get since this is a cheating issue). I think Russell could transfer, but would have to sit out next year, but I think he expected to go pro after next year anyway. I think the only way that Williams, Russell, or Daniels play next year is at ND. And I'm not even sure they can transfer if they aren't in good academic standing.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they can transfer. I know that Moore is out of eligibility. Williams can have one more year, but if he transfers he has to sit out that year, unless he gets a waiver from the NCAA (which I doubt he'd get since this is a cheating issue). I think Russell could transfer, but would have to sit out next year, but I think he expected to go pro after next year anyway. I think the only way that Williams, Russell, or Daniels play next year is at ND. And I'm not even sure they can transfer if they aren't in good academic standing.
I do think Russel enters the draft, but he still has a redshirt year to burn, so he could transfer.

I'm not believing anything until the major news outlets say the same thing. You actually think they would transfer or try to get drafted?

I don't think anyone else (aside from Russel) has a realistic shot at the NFL.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sue the school for what? They aren't paying tuition, room and board is still available. All but Moore have eligibility left. And I can't see him claming that this action cost him a spot in the nfl. Would this really be any different from Greg Bryant suing ND because he should be starting over Cam McDaniel.

If they want to transfer and play right away, they'd have to sue the NCAA and not ND. The bottom line is that I see ND's issues happening if we resond too quickly, not too slowly.

I disagree 100% This has nothing to do with the NCAA. Its all about ND

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Sampson of Irish Illustrated (rivals) reported that his "sources close to players" indicate that all 5 are gone for the year. Speculation still persists that some may be permanently gone. He's followed up by stating some of the. 5 have already gotten their letters from the university.

Noting came out yet but if so At least its over.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah at least it is over if that is indeed the case.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree 100% This has nothing to do with the NCAA. Its all about ND

So are you saying that a player can transfer from ND and play at another school without sitting out a year. It was my understanding that the NCAA mandated sitting out a year after transferring, unless you get a waiver from the NCAA. This is why Gunnar Kiel couldn't play last year, and ND had to get a waiver so Carlisle could be eligible to play without sitting out a year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying that a player can transfer from ND and play at another school without sitting out a year. It was my understanding that the NCAA mandated sitting out a year after transferring, unless you get a waiver from the NCAA. This is why Gunnar Kiel couldn't play last year, and ND had to get a waiver so Carlisle could be eligible to play without sitting out a year.

If these kids miss a full year and find out they are innocent they 100% can sue. Just like if some one goes to jail and they find out that guy is innocent he sues the state and gets lots of money. These kids would do the same. Mr. Daniels already has a lawyer he said.

Just like I said you are innocent until proven guilty. Remember this was brought on by ND not by the NCAA.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these kids miss a full year and find out they are innocent they 100% can sue. Just like if some one goes to jail and they find out that guy is innocent he sues the state and gets lots of money. These kids would do the same. Mr. Daniels already has a lawyer he said.

Just like I said you are innocent until proven guilty. Remember this was brought on by ND not by the NCAA.

My comment about suing the NCAA was with respect to them wanting to transfer to another school without having to sit out a year. That is an NCAA rule, not an ND rule. But I guess your right, anybody can sue anybody for anything, so I guess they can sue, but I seriously doubt that anyone at ND is worried about that possibility.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Notre Dame's 'Frozen Five' unlikely to play this seasonPOSTED: 02:53 PM EDT Oct 09, 2014 UPDATED: 03:22 PM EDT Oct 09, 2014

Tweet
Share on pinterest_shareShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Service </body>

The five Notre Dame football players suspended in an academic fraud investigation are unlikely to play for the rest of the season, according to a source cited in a Chicago Tribune report today.

More from WSBT.com

· Notre Dame Completes Academic Fraud Investigation
The Chicago Tribune says a source “with knowledge of the situation” told them this is part of a ruling by the university’s “honesty” committee, which is reportedly in charge of honor code hearings for the players.
The academic fraud investigation hearings were completed last week.

On Sunday the university said it will NOT release the results, but the individual players can if they so choose.

So far the players have not confirmed the Chicago Tribune's report. And the university declined to comment when asked by WSBT to confirm the report.

Recommended by
Comments
The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly just had a press conference saying the only thing he knows is the players aren't playing this week, and if he did know anything he'd let the players break the news.

They're gone.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly just had a press conference saying the only thing he knows is the players aren't playing this week, and if he did know anything he'd let the players break the news.

They're gone.

Yup .... :agree:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree. Not looking good. Anyone checked out Daniels or Russells Facebook or tweets. This is going to look really bad on them. Same for Mr. Daniels.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel sorry for any of them, especially Daniels ... this was his second go-around. They knew what the deal was when they signed on to attend ND and chose to blow it. All a bunch of dumfuqs that got caught and now have to suffer the consequences of being stupid.

ND did the right thing, I believe.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adios

Glad it's over, lets move on with what we have.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not officially over but close.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC Sports is reporting that Keivarae Russell is done for the year officially. He plans to return in 2015. He apparently addressed the team yesterday.

Stinks, but at least it's closure. And here's hoping he comes back a little wiser and gets his degree.

This likely means the rest are gone too. It's been long rumored that Russell's role was lesser than the others.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC Sports is reporting that Keivarae Russell is done for the year officially. He plans to return in 2015. He apparently addressed the team yesterday.

Stinks, but at least it's closure. And here's hoping he comes back a little wiser and gets his degree.

This likely means the rest are gone too. It's been long rumored that Russell's role was lesser than the others.

... and WNDU just reported that Kendall Moore has left campus making his way back home to North Carolina. Guess he didn't wanna face other Tar Heels in town this weekend.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and WNDU just reported that Kendall Moore has left campus making his way back home to North Carolina. Guess he didn't wanna face other Tar Heels in town this weekend.

looks like its over. Kelly did say there are different punishments. Im guessing Daniels might be kicked out this being his 2nd defense.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moore was in his 5th year. Did he already have his undergraduate degree? If so, was it revoked?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Russell intends on coming back next year which will make the unit better for a bright side of things.