• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we get our suspended players back..

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I we get our suspended players back, and you were the coach what would you do? We are 5-0 with the replacements. Chemistry seems good. But the suspended players did not deserve to lose their spots (hypothetically). Do you fix it if it isn't broke?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I we get our suspended players back, and you were the coach what would you do? We are 5-0 with the replacements. Chemistry seems good. But the suspended players did not deserve to lose their spots (hypothetically). Do you fix it if it isn't broke?

Well u ease them back in. Russell will play. He was our best CB. Luke or Riggs becomes the slot guy. Slot CB still plays 60% of the time. Daniels would help us in the red zone. Moore has no shot in playing. Same for Hardy.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think it would be best to ease them in and make them earn their spot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think it would be best to ease them in and make them earn their spot.

Yes they need to earn it back even if they didn't deserve the lose it but the school wouldn't some what screwed them with this false info.

Russell and Daniels will play if they come back.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell and Daniels are locks to be playing a lot right away, then Williams the other two don't have a great chance but Hardy has a better one than Moore due to the depth at Safety.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's difficult to say. I think Russell should get his starting position back even though Cole Luke has been phenomenal. Russell was a freshman AA at the position, was on a lot of preseason AA watch lists. He was IMO hands down our #1 CB and he's proven himself. I think to shake the rust off they all get eased back in, but the only clear choice is Russell. I think Davaris Daniels should supplant Chris Brown. As inconsistent as Daniels has been, he's more sure-handed than Brown. Ishaq would be good for depth, but I don't think he is missed all that much.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if any or all are coming back it WILL be this week. The greatest part of them coming back is adding depth to two already good units. Too bad can't add a good offensive lineman though

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's difficult to say. I think Russell should get his starting position back even though Cole Luke has been phenomenal. Russell was a freshman AA at the position, was on a lot of preseason AA watch lists. He was IMO hands down our #1 CB and he's proven himself. I think to shake the rust off they all get eased back in, but the only clear choice is Russell. I think Davaris Daniels should supplant Chris Brown. As inconsistent as Daniels has been, he's more sure-handed than Brown. Ishaq would be good for depth, but I don't think he is missed all that much.

I could see Williams fitting nicely into our new aggressive scheme, it would seem to fit his talents better. Hope we find out.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Williams fitting nicely into our new aggressive scheme, it would seem to fit his talents better. Hope we find out.

Oh, I agree, he's much better suited as a 4-3 WDE than a 3-4 OLB. I think part of the reason he's been labeled a "bust" is that he's had to play out of position. His best plays were when we had him on the line with his hand down. But guys like Okwara, Trumbetti, Blankenship have proven to be at least as talented. We certainly can use him for depth purposes, but I don't think he's as vital as Russell or DD. I'd say he's probably the third most important, followed by Hardy and then Kendall Moore.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope they aren't out of shape. We should put an ad in for a Center.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Ya ... they haven't really practiced with the team since July ... they are gonna be rusty for sure. I like the plan of easing them back into the lineup to get into game speed and game situational awareness.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word from Mr. Daniels is that it will be a week from their hearing. So we might not know until day after the game.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word from Mr. Daniels is that it will be a week from their hearing. So we might not know until day after the game.

I've been pretty patient in not trying to judge the situation, but good lord, what could possibly be the holdup now.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's inevitable this is going to bite the university right in the ass the way it's been handled. I can't see it any other way.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believe that ND's primary goal here is to make sure the NCAA is happy with the way we handle this situation. While I hate missing Daniels, Williams and especially Russell for these games, and maybe more, I would hate even more the possibility of losing a bunch of scholarships for the next few years. (ask SoCal how SC has liked dealing with that).

I know people think the school is going to be hammered for the way that they are treating these students/athletes, but I think the bigger backlash would be if we let them play while this was under investigation. Few schools get bit in the ass because they were too hard on the athletes, if anything we will still get hit because we weren't tough enough on them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believe that ND's primary goal here is to make sure the NCAA is happy with the way we handle this situation. While I hate missing Daniels, Williams and especially Russell for these games, and maybe more, I would hate even more the possibility of losing a bunch of scholarships for the next few years. (ask SoCal how SC has liked dealing with that).

I know people think the school is going to be hammered for the way that they are treating these students/athletes, but I think the bigger backlash would be if we let them play while this was under investigation. Few schools get bit in the ass because they were too hard on the athletes, if anything we will still get hit because we weren't tough enough on them.

I disagree. These kids missed 5 games already and looks like it will be 6 and if they didn't do anything it looks bad on their part and bad for recruits. It shouldn't have took this long. 1-2 games ok but 6. Thats half the season especially if they are innocent. Remember this is america. U are innocent until proven guilty.