• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: If we beat the cHeat without Myles Turner tonight...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. YOU were the one that altered the conversation. I made a comment on the Heat's bloated payroll on questionable role players, and you dodged and deflected the conversation by turning it into a grade school-level argument of "hey my team has more titles than your team".

Next.

Wow. Your levels are way off. You altered the conversation by bringing the Lakers and Celtics into it when they had nothing to do with the conversation.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

Built. Not bought.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea agree which is why I put emphasis on first week of the season. We'll get a better indicator of how good or bad these teams are 15-20 games into the season.

C'mon man, you know it doesn't work like that. We have to react with definitive statements about these teams right now.

For example, after last night, the Lakers are clearly a playoff team and are the best defensive team in the league. :heh:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man, you know it doesn't work like that. We have to react with definitive statements about these teams right now.

For example, after last night, the Lakers are clearly a playoff team and are the best defensive team in the league. :heh:

TACOS!

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could've sworn we had drafted Wade.....

Yes, you did. Congratulations.

The bottom line is that youre team won three titles because of two players, James and Wade. It was never because you have any sort of first class organization, big boy.

Any rinky-dink organization could have won titles with those two players and their massive steroid dosages in their primes, especially in a league where physical play has essentially been outlawed as a result of the brawl in Detroit.

BTW, still think Justice Winslow is going to have a better career than Myles Turner???:scratch:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The bottom line is that youre team won three titles because of two players, James and Wade. It was never because you have any sort of first class organization, big boy.

Any rinky-dink organization could have won titles with those two players and their massive steroid dosages in their primes, especially in a league where physical play has essentially been outlawed as a result of the brawl in Detroit.

BTW, still think Justice Winslow is going to have a better career than Myles Turner???:scratch:

LOL.

Completely and utterly false.

Very few organizations had a chance to lure both LeBron and Bosh in free agency to partner with a player like Wade. Only the destination markets had a prayer of making that move.

Yes, LeBron Wade and Bosh would have won in any city. But they weren't going to just any city or any organization. They chose Miami because of the weather and because of Pat Riley.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if that's the case, why doesn't your organization not have any? Miami over a 20-year span went to the playoffs 17 times and was a good organization once Riley took over in the mid-90's.

As far as Winslow goes, I have no idea how his career will turn out considering he just turned 21. Miami didn't draft Turner because we have Whiteside at the 5. Also, where did I ever say Winslow was better? Go play with your inexplicable little stump you call a dick and go find the post, fuck boy.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if that's the case, why doesn't your organization not have any? Miami over a 20-year span went to the playoffs 17 times and was a good organization once Riley took over in the mid-90's.

As far as Winslow goes, I have no idea how his career will turn out considering he just turned 21. Miami didn't draft Turner because we have Whiteside at the 5. Also, where did I ever say Winslow was better? Go play with your inexplicable little stump you call a dick and go find the post, fuck boy.

Damn double negatives, blah.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Very few organizations had a chance to lure both LeBron and Bosh in free agency to partner with a player like Wade. Only the destination markets had a prayer of making that move.

Yes, LeBron Wade and Bosh would have won in any city. But they weren't going to just any city or any organization. They chose Miami because of the weather and because of Pat Riley.

Too many facts in this statement. Can't wait to see his response

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Or maybe it's because they depleted their entire payroll by tanking the last three seasons of the 2000's decade...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, where did I ever say Winslow was better?

You had said it in an offseason thread when I called you out on it a few years ago, but I don't care enough to bring it up. I know what was said and that's all that matter to me...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe it's because they depleted their entire payroll by tanking the last three seasons of the 2000's decade...
I read this as saying "Making smart management moves in order to land two big free agents and become a championship contender".

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this as saying "Making smart management moves in order to land two big free agents and become a championship contender".

Going 17-65 in a given season is not smart management. Try again.

Because there were other teams at the time (including the Cavs) that were working their butts off actually trying to win.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James, Wade and Bosh were hell-bent on playing together and Miami was the only team with ample cap space to sign them all - it's pretty much what it comes down to.

It don't take a genius to decide that these three guys are the ones you need to pursue when Mario freakin Chalmers is the only player on your whole payroll at the time.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going 17-65 in a given season is not smart management. Try again.

Because there were other teams at the time (including the Cavs) that were working their butts off actually trying to win.
It's one horrific season for 4 finals appearances and 2 championships. I think that is great management.
Of course you could settle for indefinite mediocrity and early round playoff losses as your highlights.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had said it in an offseason thread when I called you out on it a few years ago, but I don't care enough to bring it up. I know what was said and that's all that matter to me...

So in other words, you're full of shit.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure that helped.

But again, there wasn't another franchise in the league that could have pulled it off.

It is a bit ironic that you are blasting them for clearing payroll in 2010, yet earlier you blasted them for trying to compete now. I guess they can't do anything right.

Tell me, how is your ex-coach Vogel doing in Orlando? He was the problem with the team a couple years ago, remember?