• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Melo signs with the rockets it LOWERS their chances of winning a Championship lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As is Seattle - OKC thanks for making my point.

I can see why somebody living in Oklahoma wouldn't care about a title won in Seattle in the 70s, but it is part of your franchise's history. That history doesn't just get erased simply because the team moves.

Now, if a new team gets placed in seattle and calls themselves the Sonics, then things get a little more dicey. For now though, Seattle's history is OKC's history.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As is Seattle - OKC thanks for making my point.

In order for him to make your point, there'd have to be one.

OKC left everything Seattle related behind when they left. Including the name, colors, title, etc.

The Lakers didn't.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
51d9LTQkWOL.jpg

s-l1000.jpg
there is something distinctly black and white about this picture, but more one color then the other

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No deal.

Why would I want to bet on the Lakers this year?

So, with all that smack you talk around here about how LeBron is great for the game and Westbrook is so bad for the game, and how LeBron makes everyone around him better and Westbrook makes everyone around him worse...

Yet you're too pussy to back up your big talk and put your money where your mouth is.

It's cool, then.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Single-handedly? He took ALL of those missed 3s?

Point is, if Iggy wasn't hurt, there wouldn't have been a game 7. Everyone likes to focus on Paul's injury, but Iggy's was the only reason the Clips were still playing.

Dude, you do realize that if he goes a simple 3-of-12 from the field (still a lousy percentage) instead of 0-for-12, that it's a completely different ballgame, right? And Ariza is already 33, so it's not like he's going to suddenly start to become a better fit in D'Antoni's offense.

And if losing Chris Paul wasn't an excuse for the Rockets losing Games 6 & 7, then losing Iguodala isn't an excuse for GS losing Games 4 & 5...It works both ways, especially considering that Paul is a significantly greater piece to the puzzle than Iggy...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you do realize that if he goes a simple 3-of-12 from the field (still a lousy percentage) instead of 0-for-12, that it's a completely different ballgame, right? And Ariza is already 33, so it's not like he's going to suddenly start to become a better fit in D'Antoni's offense.

And if losing Chris Paul wasn't an excuse for the Rockets losing Games 6 & 7, then losing Iguodala isn't an excuse for GS losing Games 4 & 5...It works both ways, especially considering that Paul is a significantly greater piece to the puzzle than Iggy...
Ariza was their 6th best player and is past his prime. He is a good guy to have- dont get me wrong- but he is hardly an integral piece of any team at this point in his career.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if losing Chris Paul wasn't an excuse for the Rockets losing Games 6 & 7, then losing Iguodala isn't an excuse for GS losing Games 4 & 5...It works both ways, especially considering that Paul is a significantly greater piece to the puzzle than Iggy..

lol...You're right, it does work both ways. The point was that if Iggy doesn't get hurt first, there is no game 6 & 7 for CP3 to miss. Obviously, we'll never know about either since both players got hurt.

But you can't really say that the Rockets win games 6 and 7 if CP3 doesn't get hurt and not say that the Warriors win games 4 and 5 if Iggy doesn't get hurt.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paul may be a bigger piece, but without losing Iggy, the Warriors don't lose their early momentum in the series and Paul's injury never comes into play.

Ariza's performance in that game was an issue, but what about their "money man" Harden? 2-13 from 3 in game 7, 4-12, 0-11, 3-12, 2-6, 3-15 and 5-9 in the previous games. Harden padded his point totals at the line and by taking 23+ shots a game, but his inability from 3 throughout the series was a major hurdle.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.. And with the additions of Cousins to the Warriors they are in even deeper trouble. Harden/Melo ROFLMAO. The Two Ball rotation stoppers.. Maybe if the game was played with 2 basketballs it may work.

Warriors shouldn't lose more than 9 games all season next year. Including the playoffs.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why somebody living in Oklahoma wouldn't care about a title won in Seattle in the 70s, but it is part of your franchise's history. That history doesn't just get erased simply because the team moves.

Now, if a new team gets placed in seattle and calls themselves the Sonics, then things get a little more dicey. For now though, Seattle's history is OKC's history.

We never will look at it like that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, with all that smack you talk around here about how LeBron is great for the game and Westbrook is so bad for the game, and how LeBron makes everyone around him better and Westbrook makes everyone around him worse...

Yet you're too pussy to back up your big talk and put your money where your mouth is.

It's cool, then.

Seriously?

OKC has far better support players and it isn't close. And I never once suggested that the Lakers would be better because I really hate the fit for most of the 1 years guys they brought in.

Just like your boyfriend Wiggy, you going to make up terms for a random bet and then call me a pussy for not accepting? And the Lakers aren't even my team. Like I told him, I will never accept a bet if I don't like the terms.

I tell you what. I will bet you that the Celtics have a better record than the Pacers. You are a pussy if you don't accept.

See what I did there?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...You're right, it does work both ways. The point was that if Iggy doesn't get hurt first, there is no game 6 & 7 for CP3 to miss. Obviously, we'll never know about either since both players got hurt.

But you can't really say that the Rockets win games 6 and 7 if CP3 doesn't get hurt and not say that the Warriors win games 4 and 5 if Iggy doesn't get hurt.

The Warriors were + 73 for the series. The Rockets won 2 close games with CP3, minus Iggy. The Warriors won two not so close games once CP3 went down.

The Rockets might have won if CP3 hadn't gotten hurt, but the Warriors were clearly and obviously the superior team when everyone was playing.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why don't you put a bet on that?

They will win the 'ship regardless.. So why bet. Unless you think LeLOSER and his team of rookies will beat them. Or Melo/Harden ball rotation stoppers will win

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will win the 'ship regardless.. So why bet. Unless you think LeLOSER and his team of rookies will beat them. Or Melo/Harden ball rotation stoppers will win

I get it. You're chickening out again.

Why change the habit of a lifetime?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ariza was their 6th best player and is past his prime. He is a good guy to have- dont get me wrong- but he is hardly an integral piece of any team at this point in his career.
Dude, that's like saying Iggy isn't integral for the Warriors.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors were + 73 for the series. The Rockets won 2 close games with CP3, minus Iggy. The Warriors won two not so close games once CP3 went down.

The Rockets might have won if CP3 hadn't gotten hurt, but the Warriors were clearly and obviously the superior team when everyone was playing.
Tlance vs. Caine in a battle of wits.

tenor.gif
vs.
tenor.gif

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. You're chickening out again.

Why change the habit of a lifetime?

Whether they win 75 games or 70 they will still win it all so who cares?