• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Josh Allen falls to #13

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a close call for me. I'm not a Josh Allen fan, but he'd be the last of the big 4 QBs available.

First, who else is still on the board?

That's not enough of a reason to draft Allen if you're not convinced he's your boy.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
injuries dude. jesus
i agree with this guy im for drafting a qb ever year or to but if we draft a qb with are first pick that be stupid you draft a Hog or a Run stopping Dline man or a run stopping ILB if you have a legit DLINE and A LEGIT PASS RUSH your corner backs and Safteys will be better if i was a GM i would go QB Oline Dline Pass rush would be my first goal

I'd trade every pick we have if it would get you to use a comma. Or a capitalized word to start of a sentence.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
injuries dude. jesus

It wasn't like the DL has been good for a while and last year a rash of injuries caused all the poor play. The Redskins have been a shitty rush def for the last few seasons...

Far as drafting Allen at 13. Are you mad? And I don't mean upset. I mean stark raving mad. Didn't we just make a QB move? A 70 million dollar gauranteed move. You don't guarantee 70 million to a dude to be a 2 year place holder. Unless the next Peyton Manning is gonna be there for the taking.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't like the DL has been good for a while and last year a rash of injuries caused all the poor play. The Redskins have been a shitty rush def for the last few seasons...

Far as drafting Allen at 13. Are you mad? And I don't mean upset. I mean stark raving mad. Didn't we just make a QB move? A 70 million dollar gauranteed move. You don't guarantee 70 million to a dude to be a 2 year place holder. Unless the next Peyton Manning is gonna be there for the taking.

smith is not get that money g. Im saying for the future. its doubtful allen is there so this is all moot.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smith is not get that money g. Im saying for the future. its doubtful allen is there so this is all moot.

It is by no means moot. He might not get 70 million, but make no mistake. He's gonna get a pretty big chunk of it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, AS will get a nice chunk of that 70 million, how it's distributed, what the outs are and his performance will determine how big that chunk will be.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is by no means moot. He might not get 70 million, but make no mistake. He's gonna get a pretty big chunk of it.

Smith got a $94M extension. So lets say only half that is fully guaranteed PLUS his 2018 salary of $17M.

Now perfect world says he got NO new money in 2018.

So IF his cap hit in 2018 is only $17M AND that $94M was only 50% fully guaranteed.

Stick with me Dean.. we are doing math shit here, I know its scary....

94/2= $47M fully guaranteed.

47M/4 = 11.75M prorated over 4 years.

If smith only plays two years, 2018 and 2019 we would still need to eat 35.25M worth of guaranteed money in there some where.

SO in effect, Smith is going to be here three years minimum. More than likely 4 years. As I expect NEW fully guaranteed money to come in at $47M minimum.... plus this years $17M thats a total of $64M in real fully guaranteed money.

$64M is NOT a stop gap QB, so drafting a QB in the first should be off the table period.

@Breed I only added your quote for context.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith got a $94M extension. So lets say only half that is fully guaranteed PLUS his 2018 salary of $17M.

So IF his cap hit in 2018 is only $17M AND that $94M was only 50% fully guaranteed.

If smith only plays two years, 2018 and 2019 we would still need to eat 35.25M worth of guaranteed money in there some where.

SO in effect, Smith is going to be here three years minimum. More than likely 4 years. As I expect NEW fully guaranteed money to come in at $47M minimum.... plus this years $17M thats a total of $64M in real fully guaranteed money.

$64M is NOT a stop gap QB, so drafting a QB in the first should be off the table period.

My Redskins brother, I thought you shot bullets in my post on his salary in 2018? I did say 2018.

And in all honesty, 64M doesn't seem like a bad price to pay for a NFL QB that led his team to the playoffs in 5 of the last 7 years...not sure how many of the top paid QB's in the NFL can say that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Redskins brother, I thought you shot bullets in my post on his salary in 2018? I did say 2018.

And in all honesty, 64M doesn't seem like a bad price to pay for a NFL QB that led his team to the playoffs in 5 of the last 7 years...not sure how many of the top paid QB's in the NFL can say that.

The problem is, as the Redskins have a habit of doing, they are rewarding a player for his performance elsewhere. Its the same old song and dance, just played on a different station. And the reality is, $64M is the MINIMUM he will make. My guess is, he will make more like $80-85M of the total $111M. Now if he takes THIS team to the playoffs 3 out of the next four years.. you could say it was a good deal.

NOw honestly I dont think he would sign a deal with no new money in 2018 unless it guaranteed him more than half of the $94M. And I think Smith is actually over rated.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

$64M is NOT a stop gap QB, so drafting a QB in theIO first should be off the table period.

Word. There's a few peeps here that need some context like a mothafucker. And right on for putting the dope out for all to see. I'm not of the mindset that the move the Skins made recently, or didn't make in KC's case, will w/o a doubt fail. I've been a Skins fan in the Snyder Era long enough though that I'm from Missouri and they got to show me. Cuz they can't tell me shit.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word. There's a few peeps here that need some context like a mothafucker. And right on for putting the dope out for all to see. I'm not of the mindset that the move the Skins made recently, or didn't make in KC's case, will w/o a doubt fail. I've been a Skins fan in the Snyder Era long enough though that I'm from Missouri and they got to show me. Cuz they can't tell me shit.

Agree totally. I am just maintaining that I hope that this succeeds to some degree since I am still a fan no matter what. I am starting to get the feeling that some folks here are actually hoping that the Redskins fail - if so - in my book - they are not Redskins fans. It is one thing to question the moves of the team - quite another to hope that the team fails just to say "I told you so".

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still way less than KC. I think he will play at least 3 years here. Even in year 4 Allen would have two years left on his rookie contract. Allen is not going to be there at #13 anyways so its moot to talk about it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still way less than KC. I think he will play at least 3 years here. Even in year 4 Allen would have two years left on his rookie contract. Allen is not going to be there at #13 anyways so its moot to talk about it.

Simply not true. There would be one year left on Allen’s contract with an option for a fifth. That fourth year, we would have no idea if we want to keep him because for the trade to be successful, Allen’s first opportunities better come in year 4. If, they don’t come in year 4, Gruden is likely to have been fired for not being successful. Then the next coach is stuck with making Allen work.

Over your head?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to be wrong about this mistake in Alex Smith. I won’t be though.

I am good with that (but not sure that you will be rt - in the NFL there is no telling what will happen).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure of this. Again, Alex Smith is not the kind of QB that can be successful here.

Really? Do you have some type of supernatural powers where you know exactly what happens in the future? If so I suggest that you use them for financial advantage.

Again - this is the NFL. Prior to the past season did ANYONE predict:

Eagles would win the SB & Foles would lead them in the playoffs & be the SB MVP.
Brady would throw for 500 yds in SB & lose
Two teams in SB would combine for more yds in 1 game then anyone ever in any game (including reg season)
Kareem Hunt would lead the NFL in rushing yds
Adam Thielen would be one of the top WRs in NFL
Rams would go 11-5 led by Goff (who many wanted to dump the previous season)
Vikings would make a deep playoff run led by freaking Case Keenum
Alvin Kamara would be offensive rookie of the year
Jags would only be a few plays away from SB

You could be rt, but to state this with certainty is absurd. Heck Smith could be so-so but w/other factors (including injuries & poor play from other teams) the Skins could do very well. Not saying this is probable but certainly not impossible. We will see - it is part of what makes the NFL fun.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Do you have some type of supernatural powers where you know exactly what happens in the future? If so I suggest that you use them for financial advantage.

Again - this is the NFL. Prior to the past season did ANYONE predict:

Eagles would win the SB & Foles would lead them in the playoffs & be the SB MVP.
Brady would throw for 500 yds in SB & lose
Two teams in SB would combine for more yds in 1 game then anyone ever in any game (including reg season)
Kareem Hunt would lead the NFL in rushing yds
Adam Thielen would be one of the top WRs in NFL
Rams would go 11-5 led by Goff (who many wanted to dump the previous season)
Vikings would make a deep playoff run led by freaking Case Keenum
Alvin Kamara would be offensive rookie of the year
Jags would only be a few plays away from SB

You could be rt, but to state this with certainty is absurd. Heck Smith could be so-so but w/other factors (including injuries & poor play from other teams) the Skins could do very well. Not saying this is probable but certainly not impossible. We will see - it is part of what makes the NFL fun.

1- Everybody knew the Eagles had the defensive talent to be very good. They were. They also had a decent run game and Foles is a very capable QB.

2- This is always possible.

3- who cares?

4- Not surprised.

5- Surprising yes but he is not a QB with a cautious nature.

6- Not surprised.

7- Not surprised.

8- Shocked but with that defense, Alex Smith would be very good.

Alex Smith is not the type of QB that can be successful without a good defense and run game.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure of this. Again, Alex Smith is not the kind of QB that can be successful here.

If success = winning championships. You could make that argument about any QB in the NFL right now.